Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2020 3:25:29 PM EDT
Florida ARFCOMMERS,

As some of you may know, Francis Rooney is retiring. This is a heavily Republican district, so whoever wins the primary in August will win the seat.  If you live in this district, please support Ford O'Connell in the primary. Please consider donating to his campaign even if you live elsewhere.

Ford was my best man (and I will be his later this year) and I have known him for nearly 25 years, when we were roommates in college. I am his sole and direct advisor on all matters involving firearms and the Second Amendment. Needless to say, he will not screw us over in any way. Some of his primary opponents, on the other hand, are Parkland Bill supporters. His latest campaign post on this issue (on Facebook) is as follows:

Christopher, Thank you for your question. My interpretation is exactly as our Founding Fathers wrote, and I agree it is straightforward. The right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed. Individuals have the right to own and to carry all implements constituting bearable arms, and measures that attempt to infringe on those rights violate the Second Amendment. I have been a strong advocate for the 2nd Amendment for years through my time as a GOP strategist and as a conservative media advocate. I also am a life member of the NRA, and support the efforts of groups like Florida Carry and VCDL at the state level. I did not agree with the Parkland Florida house bill, and believe it violated not only our 2nd Amendment rights but also our 1st and 4th amendment rights. As your Congressman, I would oppose ANY legislation that would attempt to damage our rights, including opposing any restrictions on magazines or semi-auto firearms, and opposing dangerous "red flag" laws.

@BlackFox
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 5:19:51 PM EDT
[#1]
You got it.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 6:57:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Question. How long has he lived in this area?
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 7:29:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Question. How long has he lived in this area?
View Quote
Since 2012, full-time resident since 2015. His parents have lived in Naples longer.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 8:07:28 PM EDT
[#4]
OUTSTANDING!  I just signed up to volunteer, contributed and am standing by to support.

We have a similarly great person who is running in Cape Coral named Mike Giallombardo.  If you're not sure if he's on our side, he's hosting a range day to celebrate his support of the 2nd Amendment .  I was introduced to him by people he served with, and they spoke very highly of him.

It's great to have two such great people running for office in SWFL!  Maybe the west coast of Florida could secede from the east coast?
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 8:14:14 PM EDT
[#5]
@JeffB
@FDrifting
@Yea-Right
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 8:20:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 8:35:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 9:43:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Didnt that jerk off Rooney say he would consider voting to impeach Trump?
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 10:14:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Didnt that jerk off Rooney say he would consider voting to impeach Trump?
View Quote
Yes, and he has said some pretty bad things about gun rights as well.

LINK

Make sure Florida 19 picks someone better to replace him - like Ford O’Connell.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 9:23:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
OUTSTANDING!  I just signed up to volunteer, contributed and am standing by to support.

We have a similarly great person who is running in Cape Coral named Mike Giallombardo.  If you're not sure if he's on our side, he's hosting a range day to celebrate his support of the 2nd Amendment .  I was introduced to him by people he served with, and they spoke very highly of him.

It's great to have two such great people running for office in SWFL!  Maybe the west coast of Florida could secede from the east coast?
View Quote
Thanks, you will do well.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 4:41:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
What is he running for? Im in the Cape wheres the range hes hosting at? I wish there was a few more ranges in the area so much open space and hardly any ranges to shoot at .
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 7:13:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What is he running for? Im in the Cape wheres the range hes hosting at? I wish there was a few more ranges in the area so much open space and hardly any ranges to shoot at .
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@jameshartman123

I just spent a good bit of time on the phone with Mike G, and he's a great guy.  He's definitely one of our people, and we should be rallying to support him.

The range day ad comes up for me as soon as I click on his site.  The event is February 16 at Shoot Center in Cape Coral.  I've never been there, but it looks like I will be on the 16th!

Can anyone help me @ people who are in Cape Coral and Fort Myers/Naples?  I'd like to get a good group together for a few of these events (both for Ford and for Mike G)
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 8:15:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

@jameshartman123

I just spent a good bit of time on the phone with Mike G, and he's a great guy.  He's definitely one of our people, and we should be rallying to support him.

The range day ad comes up for me as soon as I click on his site.  The event is February 16 at Shoot Center in Cape Coral.  I've never been there, but it looks like I will be on the 16th!

Can anyone help me @ people who are in Cape Coral and Fort Myers/Naples?  I'd like to get a good group together for a few of these events (both for Ford and for Mike G)
View Quote
Looks like a good man I see Dane Eagle endorsed him didnt he vote yes on the Parkland bills?
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 9:16:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Looks like a good man I see Dane Eagle endorsed him didnt he vote yes on the Parkland bills?
View Quote
Yes, Dane Eagle voted for the awful Parkland Bill, and is also now running for the same seat in Congress as Ford O’Connell. Do NOT support Dane Eagle, he is no friend of gun owners.

I assume Mike G is better than that, notwithstanding Dane’s endorsement.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 9:29:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yes, Dane Eagle voted for the awful Parkland Bill, and is also now running for the same seat in Congress as Ford O’Connell. Do NOT support Dane Eagle, he is no friend of gun owners.

I assume Mike G is better than that, notwithstanding Dane’s endorsement.
View Quote
Man I hope we can get Eagle out its hard to unseat an incumbent but I will support Mike. when is the primary?
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 9:59:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Just to clarify:

Dane Eagle is the current STATE house rep for District 77, and voted for the Parkland gun control bills. Mike G is running to replace him in that spot, because Dane Eagle is running for U.S. Congress. BlackFox says Mike G is good to go, so that will be a good replacement.

The Republican primary for the U.S. Congress seat is August 18.

Support Ford O’Connell in this primary! NOT Dane Eagle.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 11:34:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Just to clarify:

Dane Eagle is the current STATE house rep for District 77, and voted for the Parkland gun control bills. Mike G is running to replace him in that spot, because Dane Eagle is running for U.S. Congress. BlackFox says Mike G is good to go, so that will be a good replacement.

The Republican primary for the U.S. Congress seat is August 18.

Support Ford O’Connell in this primary! NOT Dane Eagle.
View Quote
Agreed on all.  Dane Eagle should be sitting on his ass in his house wondering where he went wrong by the end of 2020.  Vote Mike G and Ford O'Connell this August.  You will likely see both on the ARFCOM yacht later this spring.  I'm still waiting to get in touch with Ford and confirm.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 7:28:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Agreed on all.  Dane Eagle should be sitting on his ass in his house wondering where he went wrong by the end of 2020.  Vote Mike G and Ford O'Connell this August.  You will likely see both on the ARFCOM yacht later this spring.  I'm still waiting to get in touch with Ford and confirm.
View Quote
I will on both accounts and im going to try and get to the shoot center event next Sunday.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 10:01:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'll make sure you link up with Ford and his campaign manager. Just sent him a text. Thank you for doing this!
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 11:15:08 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm in.....
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 11:15:23 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm in.....
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 10:27:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Anything I can do to help from North Florida?
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 12:48:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 3:56:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Shoot Center is a nice place nice store range and employees have always been very polite anytime ive been in there.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 12:45:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Bump...if anyone missed it. This Sunday.

I'm going. What are you going to do---watch XFL?
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 7:32:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Bump...if anyone missed it. This Sunday.

I'm going. What are you going to do---watch XFL?
View Quote
I'm going to try to make it. What time will you be there?
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 8:11:46 AM EDT
[#27]
I’m having lunch with Mike G and then meeting with Ford O’Connell this Friday. I will try to get a picture or two. Both have been great in conversations so far, and I have people I trust vouching for both. I will be active in both campaigns - including holding fundraising events in March. Apparently there are some SEC type limitations that kick in March 31, so, there’s a rush to build their war chests before then.

I will try to be there Sunday. After a stressful few months and rolling the odometer over to a big round number this week i made reservations (before all this came up) to get away with the family this weekend. My wife knows I always carry one machine gun and plate carrier on board, but has noticed I opened the good safe and ammo closets and started setting out 50-cal cans yesterday . I should be able to slip away for a few hours, and hope to see a few of you there.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 12:15:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Does anyone know if Florida Carry does candidate questionnaires, and candidate ratings or endorsements? I couldn't really tell from the website.

@BlackFox
@Miami_JBT
@spartacus2002
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 12:16:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I’m having lunch with Mike G and then meeting with Ford O’Connell this Friday. I will try to get a picture or two. Both have been great in conversations so far, and I have people I trust vouching for both. I will be active in both campaigns - including holding fundraising events in March. Apparently there are some SEC type limitations that kick in March 31, so, there’s a rush to build their war chests before then.

I will try to be there Sunday. After a stressful few months and rolling the odometer over to a big round number this week i made reservations (before all this came up) to get away with the family this weekend. My wife knows I always carry one machine gun and plate carrier on board, but has noticed I opened the good safe and ammo closets and started setting out 50-cal cans yesterday . I should be able to slip away for a few hours, and hope to see a few of you there.
View Quote
Thank you once again. And yes, more $ before the March 31 reporting deadline helps for strategic reasons.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 12:23:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
Ill be there as well . Looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 6:03:51 PM EDT
[#31]
We had a great day yesterday with Mike G at the Shoot Center location in Cape Coral.  First and foremost, I can absolutely tell you Mike is one of "our people."  He enjoyed the M240B quite a bit yesterday, and expressed a great deal of appreciation for what we did in Virginia.  Loading up for range day with our local rep:

Mike G shooting the M240B

I was also excited to work with Ford O'Connells group to put together a fundraising event about a month from now.  Here's the first round of flyers.  Thanks @dbrowne1

Link Posted: 2/20/2020 9:43:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Right on!  Thanks for doing this for Ford. If I didn't have to be in court on 3/20, I'd fly down for it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 8:05:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
@JeffB
@FDrifting
@Yea-Right
View Quote
You got it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top