Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2020 10:56:52 AM EDT
If so, it's too damned bad because 103 has been a truly valuable resource to this community in regards to legal matters.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 11:29:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 2:05:21 PM EDT
[#2]
What did he do to get banned?
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 1:30:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What did he do to get banned?
View Quote
he started a thread in which he took issue with the locking of a thread (the Tinder in Colombia thread IIRC), then when that got locked he posted another thread daring Site Staff to ban him.  When that gauntlet gets thrown down, Site Staff nearly always obliges the person, because it's a COC Addendum violation:

Attacking a Moderator for doing their job
We do not allow the membership to attack our Moderators for doing their job. If any member disagrees with any official action, then they should contact a Staff member to have the issue looked at. Moderators volunteer their time to help keep this site running, they're not here to put up with abuse.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 1:40:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I absolutely agree that NO member should threaten a MOD in anyway period. As for that matter. No one should threaten any member.

But if was a good member and attribute to arfcom. I think banning him over a post or dare was a little extreme.

Maybe a 30 day time out. But again if other than that. He was a good member here. I'd spanked him with a timeout, not an out right ban.

But I do not know the entire story or his history here. If he constantly harassed site MODS and staff over their duties. Then he deserved a look at. But banning to me is extreme and reserved for those that are the worst of the worst.

I'd maybe gave him a long time out to think about how to act towards the staff. Then let him know next time he'd be banned. But I'm sure he was told this before for his challenging the site staff.

I think there was more than this dare. That got him banned
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 2:07:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 2:07:25 PM EDT
[#6]
asked and answered
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top