Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2020 11:00:33 AM EDT
I received an email from Florida Carry about an event on February 8th. I checked their website and it didn’t have anything about it. Just wanted to make sure everyone knew about it. Seems like a good place to meet some fellow members that have shown interest in the network meeting thread.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 5:25:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Thank you.
Right around the corner so I'll probably go.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 2:11:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Do you have a link to this organization? I'd like to pass this on to a few friends. Must be something on their website or something.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 5:19:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do you have a link to this organization? I'd like to pass this on to a few friends. Must be something on their website or something.
View Quote
https://www.floridacarry.org
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 11:02:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't see anything about it on their website or even in their calendar?
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 1:50:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd be interested in this. But I'm Leary if it's a real event or someone pulling a hoax
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 4:49:46 PM EDT
[#6]
It appears that they only have the event posted on their Facebook account.

https://www.facebook.com/Florida.Carry/
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 4:33:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm going with a couple of buddies tomorrow. Don't know what's going to be there but at least I'll get some fresh air and lunch

I'll be the slightly overweight middle aged guy with a baseball cap and sunglasses wearing a vest and cargo pants. Should be easy to pick me out.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 8:40:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm going with a couple of buddies tomorrow. Don't know what's going to be there but at least I'll get some fresh air and lunch

I'll be the slightly overweight middle aged guy with a baseball cap and sunglasses wearing a vest and cargo pants. Should be easy to pick me out.
View Quote
I'm going to check it out, I'll have a BFL hat on.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 11:13:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I have wanted to go to this get together but my GPS says it's 4 hours each way.

I'll be interested in the AAR.

I went to Tallahassee a couple of years ago and Va last month.

Gotta pick and choose what's do-able.

I hope you guys have a good day.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 6:57:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Very nice people. A great time some good speakers and I probably learned something.
I would go to the next one.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 7:36:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Very nice people. A great time some good speakers and I probably learned something.
I would go to the next one.
View Quote
I should have asked "who has the imitation crab meat" at the lunch break. We could have had mini introduction/meet up. Not a bad turn out, bout a hundred people showed up.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 9:48:10 PM EDT
[#12]
I liked the passion that Kerry had when speaking and in the Q&A. She has to be a member on the site.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 5:26:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Just signed up here after going to the event yesterday. Good location, speakers, and food! Communication from FL carry seems to remain an issue. Their flyer, for example, mentioned it was a camping event in the title but the rest of it gave the impression it was a single-day lecture event. Turned out it was actually a camping event, but the only way I knew was that some folks were open carrying and one of the speakers happened to mention it.

The actual website still says nothing either way, and the neglect they've shown toward it is probably my biggest criticism of the organization. They either need to keep that site useful and up to date or shut it down entirely and rely on Facebook, because the website in its current state makes a pretty negative impression on potential paying members. Also - please spell check the flyers before posting. I don't mean to be that guy, but these things may be someone's first and only contact with FL carry, and "haha they called them pepple" isn't the thing you want them to take away.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 5:28:27 PM EDT
[#14]
[Silly website, no character limit can stop me! Site resources be damned, here comes part 2!]

All in all, it was a good "preaching to the converted" type of event, but I think there's some real work to be done if they want to start reaching out to the more "casual" gun owner crowd and beyond that to the uninvolved public. First, please update and maintain the website. Form a volunteer task force, pay someone, I don't care. Second, maybe see if local gun stores/ranges are willing to help spread the good word - Shoot Straight was willing to charter buses for the Tallahassee rally as I recall, so I can't imagine having a little brochure stand on their counter would be too much of a burden. Maybe even drop one in the bag whenever anyone buys a new carry gun. From there, maybe organize local volunteer groups across the state to put up flyers or maybe even handle small events. I'm not exactly the public advocacy type, but I'd be glad to put some time and effort in to help get the word out.

One thing I regret missing is the Q&A with FL Carry, as I heard they were rolling out some significant changes to how they operate this month. Hopefully they'll include some of the above going forward.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 11:42:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top