Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 9:55:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 10:23:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is anyone planning on going to the Florida Carry event on February 8th in Dunnellon? It doesn't seem like to far of a drive for quite a few in the central part of the state.
View Quote
This is the first I've heard of this and I'm in Ocala. Any link or anything?
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 10:53:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Sorry I didn’t post anything with it. The only thing I received was this email. I checked their website and there was nothing about it. I thought all the members with them got the same email.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 5:21:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow, that's not far from me. I just may go to that.
Thanks for that.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 8:13:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Sorry I didn’t post anything with it. The only thing I received was this email. I checked their website and there was nothing about it. I thought all the members with them got the same email.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/235684/333440FE-8B1B-48A2-970F-8C1361E6AFF3_png-1255579.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/235684/C91749D2-15D5-4F71-8F31-7EB894A1BB67_png-1255580.JPG
View Quote
Goddammit.  I've been a member for 2+ years, I only get half their emails. Didn't get this one.  WTF...
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 8:52:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Goddammit.  I've been a member for 2+ years, I only get half their emails. Didn't get this one.  WTF...
View Quote
I'm thinking that I am not even getting half of them!
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 9:28:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 1:46:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Again.... known issue that I've brought up with them. They claim they are going to fix it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sorry I didn't post anything with it. The only thing I received was this email. I checked their website and there was nothing about it. I thought all the members with them got the same email.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/235684/333440FE-8B1B-48A2-970F-8C1361E6AFF3_png-1255579.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/235684/C91749D2-15D5-4F71-8F31-7EB894A1BB67_png-1255580.JPG
Again.... known issue that I've brought up with them. They claim they are going to fix it.
Failures on even basic shit like this aren’t a good look for this “organization”.  I’m not trying to bash here and realize we badly need a Florida advocacy group, but how hard is it to send mass emails to a membership list?  Even if Florida Carry is as basic as it comes it’s a fucking cut-and-paste from an Excel spreadsheet column that you dump into the “Bcc:” field of an email.

I’ve given these guys money in the past and will admit I stopped because of ZERO comms from them.  It felt like I was sending money into a black hole.  Mind you, I don’t think any of us want the deluge of junk mail like the NRA bombards us with but with Florida Carry I barely got confirmation that my dues were received and then got zero subsequent comms regarding issues, their activities, etc.

If the current Florida Carry is all we are ever going to have in this state, I doubt we will ever get the average gun owner who doesn’t even read ARFCOM to become engaged in the 2A fight.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 2:09:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Failures on even basic shit like this aren’t a good look for this “organization”.  I’m not trying to bash here and realize we badly need a Florida advocacy group, but how hard is it to send mass emails to a membership list?  Even if Florida Carry is as basic as it comes it’s a fucking cut-and-paste from an Excel spreadsheet column that you dump into the “Bcc:” field of an email.

I’ve given these guys money in the past and will admit I stopped because of ZERO comms from them.  It felt like I was sending money into a black hole.  Mind you, I don’t think any of us want the deluge of junk mail like the NRA bombards us with but with Florida Carry I barely got confirmation that my dues were received and then got zero subsequent comms regarding issues, their activities, etc.

If the current Florida Carry is all we are ever going to have in this state, I doubt we will ever get the average gun owner who doesn’t even read ARFCOM to become engaged in the 2A fight.
View Quote
Now is a GREAT time for such an organization to grow... but the organization must be able to communicate, and communicate often.

I agree... I'd not feel good about sending $$$ to an organization and then rarely ever hearing from them or seeing activity on their end.

Maybe Florida Carry can fix this ASAP.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 1:57:41 PM EDT
[#10]
In on this
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 2:48:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Now is a GREAT time for such an organization to grow... but the organization must be able to communicate, and communicate often.

I agree... I'd not feel good about sending $$$ to an organization and then rarely ever hearing from them or seeing activity on their end.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, I just got an email from FL Carry about an upcoming event, so it's improving.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 4:49:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
@RINO_Hunter
View Quote
Thanks.

I have to be honest and say that while I'm all in for something like the Battle Buddies group, I don't have much interest in the lobbying side of things.

Without writing a manifesto, I simply believe that the limited free (and unpaid) time available isn't spent well doing it.  The many millions of immigrants and illegal aliens flooding our country vote 2:1 for collectivists who would never allow guns in the hands of citizens. Our legal loss of firearms rights is only a matter of time, no matter how many of us lobby.

The more we lobby, the longer the slide down is held off, but at a certain point time is better spent preparing for subsequent, higher stakes, events.

I was in Virginia.  The Battle Buddies are safe.  The lobbyists are irrelevant.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 5:44:40 PM EDT
[#13]
I live in Miami and Gainesville.  I would be interested in a face to face in Florida to discuss the issue of becoming organized to meet the very real coming threats to the Second Amendment.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 5:50:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 9:46:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
@RINO_Hunter

This past lobbying day, the same message was repeatedly said by lawmakers. "We only see Moms Demand Action, we don't see gu  owners. So we don't fear gun owners."

This was stated by Republicans over and over from the House and Senate. The BB system is great. But we have no open carry in FL. So if we're going to fight to expand our rights. We need to be on multiple fronts. That means being at the Capitol too. That means speaking at Committee Meetings too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
RINO_Hunter
Thanks.

I have to be honest and say that while I'm all in for something like the Battle Buddies group, I don't have much interest in the lobbying side of things.

Without writing a manifesto, I simply believe that the limited free (and unpaid) time available isn't spent well doing it.  The many millions of immigrants and illegal aliens flooding our country vote 2:1 for collectivists who would never allow guns in the hands of citizens. Our legal loss of firearms rights is only a matter of time, no matter how many of us lobby.

The more we lobby, the longer the slide down is held off, but at a certain point time is better spent preparing for subsequent, higher stakes, events.

I was in Virginia.  The Battle Buddies are safe.  The lobbyists are irrelevant.
@RINO_Hunter

This past lobbying day, the same message was repeatedly said by lawmakers. "We only see Moms Demand Action, we don't see gu  owners. So we don't fear gun owners."

This was stated by Republicans over and over from the House and Senate. The BB system is great. But we have no open carry in FL. So if we're going to fight to expand our rights. We need to be on multiple fronts. That means being at the Capitol too. That means speaking at Committee Meetings too.
So it’s our fault that elected politicians violate the oath of office they voluntarily took? Because we don’t meet with them to remind them not to break it? When was the last time of one us was hired for a job and suddenly did the opposite as soon as we got it?

Sorry, but I see that as a sociopathic statement and insulting to our intelligence. Maybe from a communist democrat would it make sense, but not from a so-called republican.

They are all smart enough to count the difference between the couple hundred or thousand angry cat ladies (who they “fear”) and the million+ CCW holders comfortable with killing other humans to defend their birthright; not to mention the millions of gun owners who don’t have a CCW.

Idontbelievethem.jpg

In my humble opinion, after the passing of “Red Flag” laws, the first three boxes become unreliable.

The communists don’t care about our soapbox.
The communists will win at the ballot box with immigration.
The communists destroyed the firearms-rights jury box with ERPOs.
They’re the ones pushing us into battle buddy groups.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 12:51:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 9:42:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
@Miami_JBT

Just an update that this was discussed at the end of the event in Dunnellon today. One of the speakers today (Craig DeLuz) owns a media group that will be redesigning the website for Florida Carry. He said it will be more interactive and updated with current information. I spoke to him after the event and he said he was hoping that everything will be done in a month or two.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 5:57:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Just an update that this was discussed at the end of the event in Dunnellon today. One of the speakers today (Craig DeLuz) owns a media group that will be redesigning the website for Florida Carry. He said it will be more interactive and updated with current information. I spoke to him after the event and he said he was hoping that everything will be done in a month or two.
View Quote
Thank god. I missed the Q&A and was really hoping they were going to announce something like that.

Also, in for an HTF meetup. This thread, the ABB thing on the 22nd, and the event yesterday put it over the edge to sign up and get involved.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 11:15:37 PM EDT
[#19]
I just recently moved to the liberal cesspool known as Broward county and I'm willing to meet up and get active.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 1:48:31 AM EDT
[#20]
In. Currently living in Delray Beach.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 3:57:14 PM EDT
[#21]
In. Let me know when and where.

I am in Virginia for the present but will be moving to Naples when I retire. Before you boo & hiss, I am a Florida native. This is a homecoming for me

I have been among the rank & file in the fight for Virginia. My children are native Virginians. I don't know what the future is for Virginia but what I can say is that it would have been MUCH easier if we had just been able to convince more than HALF of Virginia's law-abiding gun owners to VOTE last November. So much easier.

Voting is critical. I work gun shows for the VCDL and I am amazed by the numbers of gun buyers who can't be bothered to be gun VOTERS. I hear it all;

ONE vote won't make a difference.
The Elections are rigged!
The BIG URBAN AREAS control the State.
It's the immigrants, it's the Federal workforce, somebody touched me in a bad way!

This all may true to one extent or another but right now, there are a couple million Virginians who would love the chance to go back to Election Day 2019 for a "do-over". Honestly, WE WOULD WIN if the voting were today

People woke-up after it was too late.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 12:19:39 PM EDT
[#22]
I am in for Miami and I can host the meeting upto 45 people. Just need to schedule it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 3:52:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Let me know what you decide, Lou, you should still have my contact info.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 7:28:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top