Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2017 12:39:35 PM EDT
I've got two rifles, an AR upper, a 1911, and some ammo to sell.  Does Florida Gun Trader get a lot of use here in FL?  Is it a pain in the ass or fairly easy to use?  TIA.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 1:22:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Get ready for spammers and low ballers. I have sold lots of items there but I've also got a bunch of spam emails. You can also try armslist but Florida gun trader is good once you weed out all the BS since it seems they have the most traffic
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 2:29:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I have never had any issues using it and have had good success. Good luck.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 4:34:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have never had any issues using it and have had good success. Good luck.
View Quote
This (full disclosure; I haven't used it in a couple years so it could be worse).  I've always asked a reasonable price and have sold items very quickly with no issues.  Same when buying.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 4:38:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I have used it a bunch and it works good. You will get a lot of lowballers and trade offers, but eventually you will get the offer or close to what you want. All depends on how long you want to wait and how good your deal is.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 6:08:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Everything I've ever listed on there, I've sold within a few days for a reasonable price. You will get lowball offers and unwanted trade offers, but a legitimate offer usually comes along pretty quick.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 7:11:17 PM EDT
[#6]
so what are you selling ......?
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 8:16:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Interested as well!
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 7:29:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Get ready for spammers and low ballers. I have sold lots of items there but I've also got a bunch of spam emails. You can also try armslist but Florida gun trader is good once you weed out all the BS since it seems they have the most traffic
View Quote
This has been my experience as well .
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:38:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
same stuff I have in the EE
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 10:36:58 AM EDT
[#10]
I have sold a few things there and fortunately wound up being people I know from other boards. You will also get some scammers and criminals trying to buy and I only sell to someone with a ccw and b.o.s.. There have been a few instances where some people have been threatened and harassed by a few of the idiots. I responded to one ad a little while back wanting to inquire about something and the guy started sending me threatening messages. If you sign up for the sight, there is a spot on there where you can choose where the messages go- to your email or to the website mail. I chose website mail and answer questions through there before sending messages from my email account,(although they still come to your home email account but you don't have to answer them from there). I also don't give any of my personal info. out either in an ad-like a phone number. There are some people out there who just want to give you a hard time and ruin it for the rest of us. From my experience,Armslist is just as bad.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:24:55 AM EDT
[#11]
List your stuff

No worries
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:55:34 PM EDT
[#12]
i buy almost all of my rifles from fgt. that's about a dozen complete rifles a year. i also buy ammo lots, uppers and lowers, so yes, it does get a lot of use. you learn quick enough, who's legit, and who isn't. easiest way to pick up stuff "off the books", for my money...
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 2:34:54 PM EDT
[#13]
I've bought a few things off of it.

Tried working deals with some sellers but most seem to over value what they are selling.

I'm not against paying a fair price or even what they are asking for, if its worth it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:09:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
i buy almost all of my rifles from fgt. that's about a dozen complete rifles a year. i also buy ammo lots, uppers and lowers, so yes, it does get a lot of use. you learn quick enough, who's legit, and who isn't. easiest way to pick up stuff "off the books", for my money...
View Quote
All this. In the last few months I picked up a NIB BCM KMR..for $900, & a LNIB Sig M400 with a sweet Gieselle..14 inch rail and a new Sig red dot scope, 240 eds of lake city 556, 5 mags for $700,

Awhile back, scored a NIB SS..Springer 1911 TRP for $800.

I have had a few deals go south , including a guy whos..9 year old kid grabbed dad's XD..45 and pointed it at me making pew pew sounds.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top