Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/8/2017 6:24:51 PM EDT
I'm looking for some suggestions on a company to move and install a Liberty Franklin 35 in my house in the SWFL area.

I called Koons Locksmiths and they wanted $450 to move and install it which I thought was pretty steep.

Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 8:04:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Koons installed a few fatboys for me in SWFL, and were worth every penny.  While you think $450 is steep, they were here with multiple people for two days and did a perfect job.  I did a good bit of research, and wouldn't recommend anybody else in the area.  With that said, note that I consider an "installer" very different than a mover.  Negotiate with them if you're looking for a better price.  Waiting until the snowbirds go north would be a good time to push for less $$.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 9:23:44 PM EDT
[#2]
It's not very hard to move a safe if you have a utility trailer and can rent a furniture dolly.  If I'm not mistaken, that she weighs around 540 pounds which is not difficult for 2 guys to move.  Bolting them down is not that difficult if you have a hammer drill and use 1/2 Red Head anchors.  My 20 and 19 year old moved my 505 pound Winchester for me due to me having some back issues. If you need any advice shoot me a PM as I've been in the safe business for 12 years.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 10:08:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's not very hard to move a safe if you have a utility trailer and can rent a furniture dolly.  If I'm not mistaken, that she weighs around 540 pounds which is not difficult for 2 guys to move.  Bolting them down is not that difficult if you have a hammer drill and use 1/2 Red Head anchors.  My 20 and 19 year old moved my 505 pound Winchester for me due to me having some back issues. If you need any advice shoot me a PM as I've been in the safe business for 12 years.
View Quote
It's actually right around the 800lb mark. I have some back issues as well which is why I'm not wanting to do it myself. If my backs messed up I can't work.

I'll do like BlackFox suggested and wait until the snowbirds go home and try Koons again.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 12:22:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Who did you buy the safe from? When my Liberty Colonial 30 was delivered, the guys installed it for $50 cash. Totally worth it in my opinion.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 9:59:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Who did you buy the safe from? When my Liberty Colonial 30 was delivered, the guys installed it for $50 cash. Totally worth it in my opinion.
View Quote
Bought it from Cabelas when they had a sale going. It was delivered on a freight truck into my garage where it's been since.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 3:36:28 PM EDT
[#6]
You may want to give these guys a call.  They moved my safe from a condo to a house.  I don't remember how much it cost though.

Suncoast
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 12:28:47 AM EDT
[#7]
I just went through this my self.  After all the options it was best for me just to buy a heavy duty dolly and move it my self.  Plus now I have a dolly for future use.  Best deal I could find for a heavy duty dolly was at Norther Tools.   This is the one I got and used.  Worked great.  
Plus if you look there is usually $10 off your purchase coupon.
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200624027_200624027
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:55:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Holloway can do it by himself for you. 800lbs is nothing for a guy of his cut. 
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 8:21:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You may want to give these guys a call.  They moved my safe from a condo to a house.  I don't remember how much it cost though.

Suncoast
View Quote
Contacted them yesterday and they said it'd be too far of a drive down. I live in Hendry County if that would help with any recommendations.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top