Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/11/2017 9:51:40 PM EDT
My aunt lives in Callahan. We would like to meet her and ride to Daytona. It looks like we would need to stay on the west side of Jacksonville. Any decent places along 295 near route 23?

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 10:03:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Stay away from any of the hotels on lane ave, Ramona, 103rd street.  Westside is not really a great area especially if you've got bikes
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 10:19:39 PM EDT
[#2]
That's what I've heard. Plan B was to stay on the east side near 295/95 and route 1.

Is that a decent area?
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 1:41:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Hotels around the St Johns Town Center of Tinsletown/Southside Blvd should be a safe bet.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 4:01:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Last time I stayed in Jacksonville my car was burglarized.  Take every precaution.  And yes, it was the east side.  Nothing is safe.

When you stay in a hotel, people know you are traveling and have lots of stuff in you car.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 9:35:16 AM EDT
[#5]
I am in Jax quite a bit for work. I always stay at the Hyatt Regency in Jacksonville. Its a little pricey, but i dont pay for my hotel rooms, my work does.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 11:33:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Anywhere around town center is fine. What's your budget? I've stayed at the Sheraton a couple of times before moving down here. Lots of nice hotels just outside of Jax like in St Augustine or Amelia Island if you wanted to go higher end and distance wasn't an issue.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 6:04:32 PM EDT
[#7]
We ended up in St. Augustine.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 10:48:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Good deal have fun and enjoy the town. I'm 20 mins from there so if you are looking for any recommendations shoot me an im or an email
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 11:33:15 AM EDT
[#9]
If you are heading to Daytona anyways, why don't you look at the hotels around World Golf area.  Way nicer and safer area, on the way to Daytona, and only 30 min south of Jax.

Not sure if that works for what you are trying to do.

I concur on staying away from all the hotels on the Westside of Jax.

Towncenter and JTB/95 area should be good to go.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 4:22:01 PM EDT
[#10]
If you're meeting your aunt in Callahan and then heading to Daytona, all of the recommended locations are about 45 minutes to 1.5 hours out of your way. Forget staying anywhere off 295 other than a hotel right at the airport. You want either the airport or something off the I-95 A1A/SR200 interchange in Yulee. They're both about 20 minutes from Callahan. Either will be fine. If you're coming I-95 south, Yulee is not out of your way at all. The airport is a little out of your way.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 10:48:38 PM EDT
[#11]
I live about three miles from I-10 and 23. We have 4 decent hotels right here at the Chaffee Rd exit. There is anyway Western, holiday inn Express, Fairfield inn, and one other. Pretty decent area, not ghetto and a few local eats within walking distance as well as a grocery store.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top