Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2017 8:02:29 AM EDT
Girl friend and I would like to visit a beach on 3/18 originating from Orlando.  Just sight seeing and a little swim while the rest of the family hit Disney. Any suggestions?  

Thanks,
Tri-C
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 8:22:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Hit the Daytone Beach/New Smyrna area or Canaveral seashore
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 8:49:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hit the Daytone Beach/New Smyrna area or Canaveral seashore
View Quote

Straight up I-4 for Daytona or straight east on SR-528 (the Beach Line) for Cocoa Beach and Ron Jon's Surf Shop.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 10:34:50 AM EDT
[#3]
The beaches are probably going to be crazy for spring break.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 1:48:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Or you can go west to St Pete beach or Fort Desoto if you want to avoid the Spring Break crowds. Gulf beaches tend to have calmer surf, good sand and the water isn't as pretty. I would avoid Clearwater. The traffic is miserable out there.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 2:56:09 PM EDT
[#5]
While I prefer the gulf coast I think Daytona is your best bet as it's straight up I4 and a little closer than going to Tampa/St Pete. If you want something a little quieter you could always head up towards St Augustine and hit up Flagler, Palm Coast or any of the beaches in southern St John's county. Won't be so much spring break craziness up that way.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 6:46:59 PM EDT
[#6]
While Daytona and New Smyrna are good alternatives depending on where your staying, you may find getting to Cocoa Beach a little easier given the amount of road construction going on on 1-4 it's a straight shot east on the 528 to Cocoa but take change since that is toll road all the way unless you have a compatible toll transponder from Georgia or NC. I think? But since you are on Arfcom asking for info. If you do decide to go to Daytona or New Smyrna take some extra time to do yourself a favor and try and stop at AAA Pawn in Deland it's like walking through a museum he states that he has about 6000 guns in stock.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 7:54:02 PM EDT
[#7]
If you go anywhere around Daytona/Smyrna that weekend you're gonna be dealing with alot of bikers. Pretty sure bike week is finishing up that weekend.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 9:05:35 PM EDT
[#8]
I think the gulf side is a nicer beach then the atlantic. Clearwater, honeymoon island park are nice. If you really wanna do something special go to dry tortugas national park. You take a ferry or sea plan from tampa
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 5:13:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you go anywhere around Daytona/Smyrna that weekend you're gonna be dealing with alot of bikers. Pretty sure bike week is finishing up that weekend.
View Quote

It is.

Go swim in one of our springs instead...
The beach is meh.
Unless you like Sandy murky salt water...and other tourists lol .
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 8:32:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks guys.  Haven't decided yet, but will consider all of your suggestions.  I will probably steer more toward less crowd and more scenery.  My hardcore spring break, sleeping on the beach days were 30 years ago.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 9:59:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Another great option is to go to St. Augustine - lots of stuff to see and do and the beaches are awesome - even some surf to play in.

Red
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 5:56:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Ehhhh just drive East...
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 11:58:24 PM EDT
[#13]
DAYTONA Melborne, and New Smyrna are all nice beaches

a few miles inland from I95 off I4 is BLUE SPRINGS state park .

It is not a beach but you should see Manatees. It is right off I4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top