Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2017 12:33:36 PM EDT
Anyone go to SW recently? Were you able to carry with your CWP?
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 12:48:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I went yesterday you have to go through metal detectors
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:18:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Second the metal detectors
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 9:58:55 AM EDT
[#3]
You know Tilikum died last month, right? No longer a threat.

Link Posted: 2/27/2017 10:49:21 AM EDT
[#4]
All the major parks in central FL metal detect
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 11:55:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Cops are allowed to CCW.  No one else.  Park was tired of guns flying out on roller coasters.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 12:11:11 AM EDT
[#6]
I s SEA WOrLD still worth going too

I heard Blackfiish forced them to stop animal shows & that even the Budweiser horses are gone.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 11:14:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I heard Blackfiish forced them to stop animal shows & that even the Budweiser horses are gone.
View Quote

Clydesdales have been gone a long time. Over 6 years  since I took my daughter and there was no horses.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 9:04:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

We took my two-year-old a few months ago. They seem to be focusing on the roller coasters. I went on a few, but only because I was forced, I'm really past that point now.  They have some good ones, though, if you're into those. They still had the stingray touch/feeding tank, penguins, several cool aquariums, and the Orca show was still on (last Nov.)... we all got wet. They had a pretty good area for the kids, lots of rides and play areas for toddlers, so I spent some time there with my son, while the wife did the coasters with the couple we went with. Overall, we had a good time, but I could definitely tell they were on a downward trend. It's a shame what the liberals are doing to this country.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 12:16:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

We took my two-year-old a few months ago. They seem to be focusing on the roller coasters. I went on a few, but only because I was forced, I'm really past that point now.  They have some good ones, though, if you're into those. They still had the stingray touch/feeding tank, penguins, several cool aquariums, and the Orca show was still on (last Nov.)... we all got wet. They had a pretty good area for the kids, lots of rides and play areas for toddlers, so I spent some time there with my son, while the wife did the coasters with the couple we went with. Overall, we had a good time, but I could definitely tell they were on a downward trend. It's a shame what the liberals are doing to this country.
View Quote

everty time I go to st. Augustine I drive ass Marine Land and my heart breaks a little.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 3:11:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
I don't think Orca shows are a right left issue.  Those animals did not belong in a tiny ass tank.  SeaWorld miscalculated.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 11:15:36 AM EDT
[#11]
I got popped with my knife and almost had to walk all the way back to the car to leave it. Luckily the officer was cool. I was nice to him and he liked my Kershaw so he gave me a tag and I was able to leave it with guest services, picked it back up on the way out. I had th same thing happen at Fun spot but it was a guy swiping people with the wand. He was a jerk and I got an argument with him about self protection. He said if there's a situation they and LE will handle it. I laughed and told him I wouldn't trust him to protect anybody, let alone my family. It was a good time
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 11:54:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I don't think Orca shows are a right left issue.  Those animals did not belong in a tiny ass tank.  SeaWorld miscalculated.
View Quote

Sea World has always skirted the line for me. I don't like the circus, but have no problem with zoos. It's always been a balancing act between educational value vs. pure entertainment. Being exposed to marvelous creatures, that we may otherwise know little about, has its conservational merits. Watching an elephant dance in rhinestones and a tutu has little value to me, so I (and many others) have not attended a circus in many years. They are now going out of business. Sea World, however, has taken a leading role in whale research and rescue throughout this state, and many others, this offsets some of the circus-like aspects for me. Those that don't see the value are free to not attend the parks or support their work, but the organized attacks against them, complete with the propaganda and misrepresentions typical of leftist movements, are going too far...IMO.  Every time the left gets a "win", it only emboldens them to go one step further. First it's the whales at Sea World, then it'll be the lions at the zoos, after that the monkeys and rats used for medical research. Soon enough, you won't even be able to keep a pet dog or cat as your own personal emotional slave. You'll have to provide Fifi and Fido their own private bedrooms and baths, with a minibar and a fridge. Anyone with a dog over 20lbs will need a 1+ acre lot to provide a humane recreational area, etc. Roll your eyes if you must, but if they had their way, this would all be true.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 10:33:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Metal Detectors at the gate.

Enjoy all the shows, even the dog and cat show is good.
The 360 / 3D turtle movie is worth seeing once.

SeaWorld rescues more animals that the treehuggers who complain.

Quoted:

Sea World has always skirted the line for me. I don't like the circus, but have no problem with zoos. It's always been a balancing act between educational value vs. pure entertainment. Being exposed to marvelous creatures, that we may otherwise know little about, has its conservational merits. Watching an elephant dance in rhinestones and a tutu has little value to me, so I (and many others) have not attended a circus in many years. They are now going out of business. Sea World, however, has taken a leading role in whale research and rescue throughout this state, and many others, this offsets some of the circus-like aspects for me. Those that don't see the value are free to not attend the parks or support their work, but the organized attacks against them, complete with the propaganda and misrepresentions typical of leftist movements, are going too far...IMO.  Every time the left gets a "win", it only emboldens them to go one step further. First it's the whales at Sea World, then it'll be the lions at the zoos, after that the monkeys and rats used for medical research. Soon enough, you won't even be able to keep a pet dog or cat as your own personal emotional slave. You'll have to provide Fifi and Fido their own private bedrooms and baths, with a minibar and a fridge. Anyone with a dog over 20lbs will need a 1+ acre lot to provide a humane recreational area, etc. Roll your eyes if you must, but if they had their way, this would all be true.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Considering that Orcas were hunted when SeaWorld opened their doors, you might be on the mark.
They did their job so well that people hate them now.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 3:32:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Metal Detectors at the gate.

Enjoy all the shows, even the dog and cat show is good.
The 360 / 3D turtle movie is worth seeing once.

SeaWorld rescues more animals that the treehuggers who complain.

Considering that Orcas were hunted when SeaWorld opened their doors, you might be on the mark.
They did their job so well that people hate them now.
View Quote
Honestly, I had not thought of that before but I believe you are correct. Thank you.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 8:58:04 AM EDT
[#15]
All were correct about the metal detectors, I did not attempt to carry.
I will say the bag "search" consisted of a wooden stick and 2 seconds of fake searching.
Thus rendering the metal detectors useless if the bad guys desire, they can easily sneak anything in a bag.

Seaworld is totally worth it!
Mako roller coaster is awesome!

I have 4 kids ranging 7 - 1.
There is something there for them all and there is Beer for us!
I was able to get my whole crew annual passes for $395.(2 adults & 4 kids)
If your kid is under 5 get them the free annual pre-school pass.
I got annual pass for me, which means I dont have to pay for parking. Everyone else in my crew over 5 gets in with the fun card.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 9:09:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Clydesdales have been gone a long time. Over 6 years  since I took my daughter and there was no horses.
View Quote
they left after Budweiser sold the parks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top