[#1]
Done.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 10:07:31 PM EDT
[#2]
DATE: January 27, 2017
TO: USF & NRA Members and Friends
 USF Executive Director
 NRA Past President

On Tuesday,  January 24, 2017, SB-128 Burden of Proof by Senator Rob Bradley was heard in the Senate Judiciary Committee hearing and PASSED 5-4.

The Committee hearing room was full of women wearing red t-shirts emblazoned on the front with NY Mayor Michael Bloomberg's "MOMS DEMAND ACTION" logo on the front and the "EVERYTOWN" logo on the back.  They piled into the room as a group. Many of them had Florida League of Women Voters buttons pinned on the front of their red t-shirts.

These women didn't appear to know anything about the bill, the law or the process.  It also appeared they were being herded around by representatives of the League of Women Voters who walked around wearing League of Women Voters buttons on their lapels.

When the hearing was over, these t-shirt wearing women were taken outside the building to the plaza area where they had to take off their t-shirts and turn them in by placing them in a plastic Rubbermaid type container.

That begs a lot of questions.  Where did these women come from?  What made them agree to wear borrowed t-shirts and pretend to be activists?  Who brought them there?

Is this a Florida League of Women Voters "Rent-a-Mom" program?   Were these women paid to be there and wear those t-shirts?

An even bigger question why are they bringing in fake activists?  Isn't bringing in fake supporters to fool legislators just another form of lying?

Is bringing FAKE ACTIVISTS into committee hearings to pretend there is support for their position the new trend among liberal, anti-gunners? Shameful.....
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 10:07:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Mark Franks ([email protected]) Okaloosa County Republican Party Chairman, ordered me to remove him from my list.  I declined.  I replied that it's time for them to start listening and stop making demands of the voters.

Tim Norris ([email protected]) Pelican Real Estate and Development asked that we stop sending to all and that he thinks he gets the message.  I replied that it remains to be seen.

[email protected] failed because their inbox is full.

[email protected] failed because there's no account associated with this email address.

[email protected] failed because their inbox is full.

[email protected] failed because mailbox unavailable.

[email protected] failed because mailbox unavailable.

[email protected] failed because there's no account associated with this email address.

[email protected] failed because of invalid recipient.

[email protected] failed because 550 relay not permitted.

[email protected] failed because address doesn't exist.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 10:14:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Done & done.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 8:09:33 AM EDT
[#6]
The FL GOP is infested with Establishment Elitists. This is an uphill fight. We have three weeks left for committee and Sen. Steube still hasn't submitted the new bills that are going to come from SB-140. The next meeting for thw Judiciary Committee is Feb. 7 and not a single gun related bill is on the agenda. Not SB-140 nor anything else.  

The only thing on the Radar from his office is SB-610. It is a liability bill regarding businesses assuming the responsibility of liability for people when they ban concealed weapons from being carried on their property (ie Disney banning CCW will not be stuck with the bill if an attack happens.) 

The was submitted on Jan 31.  

The most sickening one other than the usual Democrat pushed anti 2nd Amendment bills is HJR  291. It creates two classes of citizens in FL amongst gun owners.  

POLICE WAITING PERIOD EXEMPTION (HJR 291, from Reps. Don Hahnfeldt, R-The Villages, and Robert Asencio, D-Miami): Proposes a constitutional amendment to exempt law enforcement officers from the mandatory three-day waiting period for purchasing handguns. [Constitutional amendments must be approved by three-fifths of both the House and Senate — 72 members in the House and 24 in the Senate — in order to be placed on a ballot, and then 60-percent approval from voters is required for the measure to become law.]
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 11:35:16 PM EDT
[#7]
SB-140 is officially dead. Sen. Greg Steube broke the bill into eight separate bills 

PRO GUN 

* THREATENING VIOLENCE (SB 88, from Sen. Greg Steube, R-Sarasota): Would criminalize the act of threatening to use a firearm in a violent manner, under penalty of committing a second-degree felony.  

* STAND YOUR GROUND (SB 128 / HB 245, from Sen. Rob Bradley, R-Fleming Island, and Reps. Bobby Payne, R-Palatka and Jason Fischer, R-Jacksonville): Would shift the burden of proof in a criminal case where a defendant claims immunity under Florida’s “Stand Your Ground” law by requiring the prosecutor, not the defendant, to prove at a pre-trial hearing why the defendant shouldn’t be granted immunity from prosecution. In the amended Senate version, if the self-defense claim is unsuccessful, evidence presented at the pre-trial hearing would be inadmissible at trial.  

* DECRIMINALIZES "TEMPORARY AND OPEN DISPLAY" (SB 646, from Steube): Providing that a person licensed to carry a concealed weapon or firearm who is lawfully carrying a firearm does not violate certain provisions if the firearm is temporarily and openly displayed; authorizing each member of the Florida Cabinet to carry a concealed weapon or firearm if he or she is licensed to carry a concealed weapon or firearm and does not have full-time security provided by the Department of Law Enforcement, etc. 

* OPEN CARRY (SB 644, from Steube): Would allow for the open carrying of handguns by the state’s 1.7 million concealed weapons permit-holders and would allow those permit-holders to carry guns in elementary and secondary schools, public college and university campuses, airport passenger terminals, legislative meetings, meetings of municipal, county, school or special district boards, and career centers.  

* GUN BAN LIABILITY (SB 610, from Steube): Would make a private “business, organization, or entity” that bans concealed weapons liable for any injury or damage caused by a person or animal, if the incident “could reasonably have been prevented” had the permit-holder not been required to be disarmed.  

* GUNS IN COURTHOUSES (SB 616, from Steube): Would allow concealed weapons permit-holders to carry guns in to courthouses and temporarily surrender and store the gun at a security checkpoint.  

* GUNS IN AIRPORTS (SB 618 / HB 6001, from Steube and Rep. Jake Raburn, R-Lithia): Would lift a current ban and allow concealed weapons permit-holders to carry guns in passenger terminals and non-“sterile” areas of airports, which are locations outside of security checkpoints.  

* GUNS IN LEGISLATIVE MEETINGS (SB 620, from Steube): Would lift a current ban and allow concealed weapons permit-holders to carry guns in meetings of the Legislature, which include formal sessions and committee hearings.  

* GUNS ON CAMPUS (SB 622 / HB 6005, from Steube and Rep. Scott Plakon, R-Longwood): Would lift a current ban and allow concealed weapons permit-holders to carry guns on public college and university campuses. [Steube’s version is different in that it also clarifies guns would still be banned from any K-12, college or university athletic event “not related to firearms.”]  

* GUNS IN GOVERNMENT MEETINGS (SB 626, from Steube): Would lift a current ban and allow concealed weapons permit-holders to carry guns in meetings of any municipality, county, school district or special district.  

* GUNS IN CAREER CENTERS (SB 640, from Steube): Would lift a current ban and allow concealed weapons permit-holders to carry guns in career centers.  

* POLICE WAITING PERIOD EXEMPTION (HJR 291, from Reps. Don Hahnfeldt, R-The Villages, and Robert Asencio, D-Miami): Proposes a constitutional amendment to exempt law enforcement officers from the mandatory three-day waiting period for purchasing handguns. [Constitutional amendments must be approved by three-fifths of both the House and Senate — 72 members in the House and 24 in the Senate — in order to be placed on a ballot, and then 60-percent approval from voters is required for the measure to become law.]  

ANTI GUN 

* GUN STORAGE (SB 142, from Sen. Gary Farmer, D-Parkland): Would tighten language in an existing law that requires guns to be locked in a gun safe or have a trigger lock when around children age 16 or younger.  

* GUNS IN THEATERS BAN (SB 170, from Sen. Oscar Braynon, D-Miami Gardens): Would prohibit concealed-weapons permit holders from carrying in performing arts centers or theaters.  

* ASSAULT WEAPONS BAN (SB 254 / HB 167, from Sen. Linda Stewart and Rep. Carlos Guillermo Smith, both Orlando Democrats): Would ban in Florida many specific assault-style firearms and “parts that convert a firearm into an assault weapon,” such as large-capacity magazines. Would make it a third-degree felony, with some exceptions, to sell or possess an assault weapon or large-capacity magazine, among other restrictions.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 9:39:19 AM EDT
[#8]
So help me understand.

If none of this is going to see the light of day, what's the point in breaking all this up in to separate bills?

In principle it could make sense.....but given the anti-2A GOPers in Tallahassee, I don't understand the slicing/dicing in to separate bills. I hate to quote "Her", but what difference does it make?
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 11:49:44 AM EDT
[#9]
With three weeks of committee meetings left. These bills will now go to different committees with different Republicans. It now makes the Party have to vote since they can't just blame it on one or two members. Since this is being spread out, it forces a lot of GOP Senators to either keep their word and be Pro 2nd Amendment or have a bad voting record.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 3:42:06 PM EDT
[#10]
With the different mass shootings over the last several years proposing open carry in schools,airports and government meetings is just asking for it to be defeated.He should have worded it to simply make open carry legal wherever concealed carry is currently legal.We could expand the legal areas later after open carry has passed.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 8:16:05 PM EDT
[#11]
* GUNS IN THEATERS BAN (SB 170, from Sen. Oscar Braynon, D-Miami Gardens): Would prohibit concealed-weapons permit holders from carrying in performing arts centers or theaters

Are these f'ing people delusional?
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 8:28:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
* GUNS IN THEATERS BAN (SB 170, from Sen. Oscar Braynon, D-Miami Gardens): Would prohibit concealed-weapons permit holders from carrying in performing arts centers or theaters

View Quote
Yes they are
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 8:30:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Right, because some mental patient dipshit dressed up as the Joker did it ONCE in a theater in Colorado.....so of course we need a law on the books to disarm the SANE among us in ALL theaters.

These people are unfuckingbelievable.

Link Posted: 2/2/2017 8:34:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
With three weeks of committee meetings left. These bills will now go to different committees with different Republicans. It now makes the Party have to vote since they can't just blame it on one or two members. Since this is being spread out, it forces a lot of GOP Senators to either keep their word and be Pro 2nd Amendment or have a bad voting record.
View Quote

I'd really like to believe that the NRA-ILA has these votes on their radar.

It seems possible that all the calls and correspondence forced this change, which on the surface is positive but I expect nothing from the FLGOP in Tallahassee. 

That being said, who ever is attached to the open carry vote should be BOMBARDED with calls and letters effective IMMEDIATELY.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 9:35:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

It seems possible that all the calls and correspondence forced this change, which on the surface is positive but I expect nothing from the FLGOP in Tallahassee. 

That being said, who ever is attached to the open carry vote should be BOMBARDED with calls and letters effective IMMEDIATELY.
View Quote
Fuck NRA-ILA. I'm keeping record of who does what this year. We're in a new world folks. What was once the inner sanctum of Lobbyists and Politicians is now open for the world to see via the Internet. 

I'm still a member and will be one. But NRA hasn't exactly been fighting hard in FL. 
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 11:08:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Fuck NRA-ILA. I'm keeping record of who does what this year. We're in a new world folks. What was once the inner sanctum of Lobbyists and Politicians is now open for the world to see via the Internet. 

I'm still a member and will be one. But NRA hasn't exactly been fighting hard in FL. 
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because of the "influence" Hammer has attached to the state is likely part of the problem.

She might be legendary in the broad NRA picture, but she's failed big time in FL over the past several years.

I completely agree with your position on this. This is PRECISELY why I chose to be a benefactor life member of the NRA......for moments not sort of like this but EXACTLY like this.

This isn't some NY/CA whacko leftist situation.....this is a GOP majority across the god damn board here and it's getting really tiresome having these bills killed by some people the NRA gives a decent grade to. Hammer is worthless, yet reviered at the NRA. The GOP in FL is playing defense while holding complete power for the sake of political expediency. 

Names need to be taken and every one of these people need to be outed. 

I'm proud to be a member of the NRA, but the silence is now deafening in FL regarding their "efforts".
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 2:57:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Capitol update.

Meet with Alex Blair; Greg Steube's LA. Steube flat out will push for a vote in every committee meeting for every bill period. They will not stand by and allow this to be swept under the rug. 

The Emails to the County Level GOP Committee Members has been working. Blair said that the Party is taking notice of the anger directed at it because of this bullshit that the GOP keeps pulling.

Hence why they will push for a vote period. Steube wants a record to challenge GOP members that campaign on pro 2nd Amendment stance and then turn their back to it.

So one of two things will happen. The bills will pass committee and make it to the floor or GOP turncoats kill it in committee and we go hard on them.

Oh, I'm also pushing for repeal of red light cameras.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 4:51:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Thank you for your hard work!
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 5:00:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Red Light Camera Repeal killed in the Senate.

Senator George B. Gainer (R) voted with Senator Kevin Rader (D) to kill the repeal. Senator Dorothy L.  Hukill (R) was absent since she's battling cancer and Senator Dennis Baxley (R) and Senator Darryl Ervin Rouson (D) voted in favor of repeal.

ATS, the Arizona  Camera company had 24 lobbyists speaking against repeal.  The League of Florida Cities pushed to kill the bill since their golden goose would die.

Tried fellas.... sorry. I know it isn't pro gun news but I was hoping for a small victory.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:04:15 PM EDT
[#20]
if it is any indication. the people on the mass mailing list are really getting tired of hearing from us.
Edit to add:
From the UWF republicans:
Hi Ceddie,

While we appreciate your activism, I would like to let you know we are not legislators and can not pass bills.  We encourage you to email your local representatives.

Thank you.

Charlotte Davis
College Republicans, Chair
University of West Florida
View Quote

I reminded them:
While it is true that you are not legislators, you are the Chair of the Collage Republicans for the U of WF. This should be a fantastic platform for collage activists to stand firm on and speak out knowing that you have the full support of the community at large.
Know that today, as so many of our institutions of higher learning have become nothing more than an echo chamber for the leftist rhetoric; as a Republican and a conservative. you are not alone.

Ceddie,

We all appreciate your enthusiasm. We stand with you on the issues. However, we have received close to 30 emails from numerous people and I'm asking that we are taken off your list.

We are beginning a concealed carry on campus organization here at UWF and are actively apart of making a difference on both our campus and in our community regarding our 2nd amendment rights. We just don't appreciate being blasted with messages. I hope you can understand.

Thank you for being a voice.
View Quote

EscaRosa YRs just wants to be off the mailing list.

everyone want's to be an activist until it is time to do activist stuff...
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 7:21:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Pretty much.... the majority of people I spoke to that are in a position to do something don't do anything and try to pass the buck.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 4:34:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Guys.... it's another email Firemission. This time to all the State Senators and Representatives in Florida. There are a total of three emails to send out.

Email to FL House Republicans

SUBJECT: The 2nd Amendment and the 2017 Legislative Session 

TO: [email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected]

As a member of the Florida House of Representatives. You have been entrusted with tremendous powers and responsibilities. As members of the Florida Republican Party you have stated to your constituency that you believe in these simple things. 

1.      That you will promote and protect Liberty, True Equality, Freedom, and Prosperity. 
2.      That you will protect and defend the Constitutional Rights and Civil Liberties of the People that make up the Great State of Florida. 

You have been entrusted with the ability to create law. Your actions shape the ways our State and our People live their lives. Then why is it as Republicans, we cannot pass pro 2nd Amendment Legislation and get it signed into law? Our wonderful State has been under Florida Republican control since 1996 and yet when it comes to the 2nd Amendment we’re clumped together with states like New York, New Jersey, and California. Since 2011, Florida Republicans in the House and Senate have blocked the passage of pro 2nd Amendment Bills. 

Alabama is on the cusp of Constitutional Carry and Georgia is too. Both States that border our own have both Open Carry and Campus Carry. Yet we are one of the few states that have neither. Forty five states have Open Carry. FORTY FIVE STATES. 

Even Vermont, the home State of Bernie Sanders has Constitutional Carry. What's that you might ask? It is the permit-less carry of firearms for self defense. Both openly and concealed. The People don't need a government permission slip to exercise their 2nd Amendment Rights. And that is done in the home state of Bernie Sanders yet we here in Florida are barred from exercising those same freedoms. 

Today (Feb 22, 2017) New Hampshire signed into law Constitutional Carry. North Dakota is currently in the process of passing Constitutional Carry also. Their House of Representatives just passed their bill today. 

So far 12 States have Constitutional Carry. Alaska, Arizona, Idaho, Kansas, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Vermont, Wyoming, West Virginia, and now New Hampshire. 

Indiana, Kentucky, Minnesota, North Dakota and South Dakota have Constitutional Carry Bills currently proceeding through their legislative bodies and they’ve had Open Carry and Campus Carry as law for years too. 

We Floridians aren’t even asking Constitutional Carry. We’re asking for Permitted Open Carry and Campus Carry along with the removal of Gun Free Zones. 

I and my fellow Floridians and Republicans are asking you to correct the injustices that we have to live with. 

* In 2016, it was Sen. Miguel Diaz de la Portilla that blocked any chance of Campus Carry or Open Carry from reaching a floor vote by blocking it in committee. 

* If you recall. In November of 2014; there was an active shooter attack at the Strozier Library at Florida State University. One of the FSU Students injured by the crazed attacker was a legally licensed conceal carry permit holder but was disarmed by State Law which bans anyone from carrying on campus. What's worse is that our fellow Floridians could have been legally armed if earlier that year the same type of bill as today was not gutted by a Senate Republican. Three FSU students were injured because of such a cowardly act in the Florida Senate. One of them could have actually saved his fellow students. 

* In 2014's Session, it was Sen. Charles McBurney; Republican of course that blocked SB-344 in the Senate via committee. 

* In 2011, it was Sen. Ellyn Bogdanoff that prevent FSU students from being able to be legally armed. She removed any and all mention of Campus Carry and Open Carry from SB-234 by an amendment that was then voted and passed by fellow Republicans. 

Our Party claims to be the one that protects the 2nd Amendment yet time after time, they have been the ones that kill our rights. This is unacceptable. I bring this to your attention because their actions affect you and I as Republicans and Floridians. If the GOP claims to be a Party that defends the 2nd Amendment, protects the right to self defense, and claims to be the true Party that is for the equality and freedom of for all including women and minorities. Then they need to pass Campus Carry and Open Carry. 

Open Carry ties into this because women are hindered by societal standards on dress. It is much harder for a woman to conceal a firearm on their body. Usually they have to resort to off body carry via a purse. This in of itself is a problem and then you have the issue with the restrictions placed by banning Campus Carry. 

In 2016, Ms. Lopez-Rivas wrote this letter to then Sen. Miguel Diaz de la Portilla. Ms. Lopez-Rivas at the time was an undergraduate student at Florida State University and a Rape Victim. 

"I am typing this letter from a Starbucks in Tallahassee, where I am situationally aware, trained, and well armed. Although I do not expect anything drastic to happen today, I am still prepared if something does go down—either to get the heck out and dodge, or tackle whatever happens head on, and I am prepared to do so with deadly force if needed. Although I now maintain great situational awareness everywhere I go and have self defense training in disarming, and in fighting off, an attacker, there are times where I am legally left without the tool that could best level the playing field in protecting me—my gun. 

Currently under Florida law, I am not allowed to carry on my campus, Florida State University. On my campus that reported 17 sexual assaults in 2014; on my campus that uses maybe 10 uniformed officers at any given point in time to protect the whole campus; on my campus that refuses to back campus carry as a way for women to legitimately protect themselves from assault; and on my campus which claims sovereign immunity when they are unable to protect these women: I am told I am safe and I do not need a gun. 

While President Thrasher and university officials would have you believe that I am not defenseless, and even, that I am safe on campus, I would beg to differ. I already used pepper spray once; do you want to know how that ended for me? I was left shaking and crying, half naked on campus grounds, with cut marks all over my body. That's what pepper spray did for me.As a gun rights activist, I can write all day about our Second Amendment rights. I will throw down statistics like how 0.1 percent of rapes were completed when women used a firearm as compared to a 34 percent completion rate when women used any other form of self-defense. Or how with the exception of two, all the mass shootings since the 1950's have been in gun free zones. Stats are easy to discuss, but when it comes to talking about being raped, my throat gets dry and my hands freeze up. It's a lot harder to write about nightmares than it is to write about numbers. 

And I do have nightmares from being raped on campus. Sometimes they are so bad I wake up at three in the morning sweaty and terrified because in my mind I am being raped again. In my mind I am there: I am forced into a secluded area, forced to unzip my pants, forced to lay down as tiny cuts are made all over my body and a man I do not know rolls on a condom and forces himself on top of me. I remember how cold the asphalt felt as I distracted myself from the sting of the knife. I remember looking into his eyes and realizing there was no emotion behind them, no sympathy just sadism. And I remember thinking: this is how I'm going to die and then getting up after it was done, tears streaming down my face and neck wondering how I even survived. 

I was already raped once off campus my freshman year of college, but this time I used pepper spray. This time I ran, heading for those blue lights staggered around campus to signal the police I was in danger. I did everything right but when he pulled a knife I stopped fighting. Instinct told me to cooperate if I didn't want to get stabbed to death, and here I am today—sitting at Starbucks, simultaneously trying to remember the exact details and forget this ever happened. 

I fight for my Second Amendment rights because I believe I should never have a chance of getting raped again. I won't deny the possibility of getting injured, but my gun gives me a chance that pepper spray, stun guns, and pocketknives never will. It prevents a knife being held at my throat and the voice of a stranger promising me he won't kill me. And I won't be denied the right to have that chance of surviving a potential attack rather than being assaulted again. 

Sen. Diaz de la Portilla, why are you so adamant in denying me my right to protect myself and have a gun on campus? Why have you not schedule the campus carry bill for the Senate Judiciary Committee you chair? Why have you not met with me for 15 minutes since October when I began sending you and your legislative assistant weekly emails asking for an appointment? 

I hope this open letter will engage opposition to campus carry. I hope everyone will understand why it's so important that the bill be scheduled for a vote. Senator Diaz de la Portilla: Don't let me be raped on campus again, let me arm myself, and whether you vote yes or no, at least schedule the campus carry bill for a vote." 

In February of 2012; Mr. Dale Norman was arrested by Fort Pierce Police for legally carrying a pistol. Mr. Norman was abiding by State Law by concealing his pistol while carrying under the authority of his State Issued Conceal Carry Weapons Permit. Mr. Norman's shirt rode up and briefly exposed the bottom of his holster. Once again; Mr. Norman, a law abiding was simply walking along the side walk and was arrested at gun point and forced to the ground simply for exercising his rights. Mr. Norman is currently fighting for his civil rights in the Florida Supreme Court. 

Mr. Dale Norman by the way is an African American and a law abiding citizen. Floridians that happen to be of Minority Communities are also harmed by the failure of our legislative body to pass pro 2nd Amendment bills. Because of Sen. Ellyn Bogdanoff’s actions in 2011; Mr. Dale Norman now has an arrest record and his fighting for his Constitutional Rights. 

I as a Floridian and a Republican ask that you support the passage of the following bills. 

* THREATENING VIOLENCE ( SB 88 , from Sen. Steube, R): Would criminalize the act of threatening to use a firearm in a violent manner, under penalty of committing a second-degree felony. 

* STAND YOUR GROUND ( SB 128 from Sen. Bradley, R / HB 245 from Reps. Payne, R, and Rep. Fischer, R): Would shift the burden of proof in a criminal case where a defendant claims immunity under Florida's “Stand Your Ground” law by requiring the prosecutor, not the defendant, to prove at a pre-trial hearing why the defendant shouldn't be granted immunity from prosecution. In the amended Senate version, if the self-defense claim is unsuccessful, evidence presented at the pre-trial hearing would be inadmissible at trial. 

* DECRIMINALIZES "TEMPORARY AND OPEN DISPLAY" ( SB 646 , from Sen. Steube, R): Providing that a person licensed to carry a concealed weapon or firearm who is lawfully carrying a firearm does not violate certain provisions if the firearm is temporarily and openly displayed; authorizing each member of the Florida Cabinet to carry a concealed weapon or firearm if he or she is licensed to carry a concealed weapon or firearm and does not have full-time security provided by the Department of Law Enforcement, etc. 

* OPEN CARRY ( SB 644 , Sen. Steube, R): Would allow for the open carrying of handguns by the state's 1.7 million concealed weapons permit-holders and would allow those permit-holders to carry guns in elementary and secondary schools, public college and university campuses, airport passenger terminals, legislative meetings, meetings of municipal, county, school or special district boards, and career centers. 

* GUN BAN LIABILITY ( SB 610 , Sen. Steube, R): Would make a private “business, organization, or entity” that bans concealed weapons liable for any injury or damage caused by a person or animal, if the incident “could reasonably have been prevented” had the permit-holder not been required to be disarmed. 

* GUNS IN COURTHOUSES ( SB 616 , Sen. Steube, R): Would allow concealed weapons permit-holders to carry guns in to courthouses and temporarily surrender and store the gun at a security checkpoint. 

* GUNS IN AIRPORTS ( SB 618 from Sen. Steube, R / HB 6001 from Rep. Jake Raburn, R): Would lift a current ban and allow concealed weapons permit-holders to carry guns in passenger terminals and non-“sterile” areas of airports, which are locations outside of security checkpoints. 

* GUNS IN LEGISLATIVE MEETINGS ( SB 620 , from Sen. Steube, R): Would lift a current ban and allow concealed weapons permit-holders to carry guns in meetings of the Legislature, which include formal sessions and committee hearings. 

* GUNS ON CAMPUS ( SB 622 from Sen. Steube, R / HB 6005 , from Rep. Plakon, R): Would lift a current ban and allow concealed weapons permit-holders to carry guns on public college and university campuses. [Steube's version is different in that it also clarifies guns would still be banned from any K-12, college or university athletic event “not related to firearms.”] 

* GUNS IN GOVERNMENT MEETINGS ( SB 626 , from Sen. Steube, R): Would lift a current ban and allow concealed weapons permit-holders to carry guns in meetings of any municipality, county, school district or special district. 

* GUNS IN CAREER CENTERS ( SB 640 , from Sen. Steube, R): Would lift a current ban and allow concealed weapons permit-holders to carry guns in career centers. 

* POLICE WAITING PERIOD EXEMPTION ( HJR 291 , from Reps. Hahnfeldt, R, Rand Rep. Asencio, D): Proposes a constitutional amendment to exempt law enforcement officers from the mandatory three-day waiting period for purchasing handguns. [Constitutional amendments must be approved by three-fifths of both the House and Senate — 72 members in the House and 24 in the Senate — in order to be placed on a ballot, and then 60-percent approval from voters is required for the measure to become law.] 

* END OF GUN FREE ZONES ( Senate Bill 908 from Sen. Baxley, R/ House Bill 803 from Rep. Hahnfeldt, R) The end of gun free zones that strip the rights the of public from being able to defend themselves in legally accessible spaces. 

Sincerely,

Email to Florida Senate Republicans 

SUBJECT: The 2nd Amendment and the 2017 Legislative Session 

TO: [email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected] 

As a member of the Florida Senate. You have been entrusted with tremendous powers and responsibilities. As members of the Florida Republican Party you have stated to your constituency that you believe in these simple things.  

1.      That you will promote and protect Liberty, True Equality, Freedom, and Prosperity.  
2.      That you will protect and defend the Constitutional Rights and Civil Liberties of the People that make up the Great State of Florida.  

You have been entrusted with the ability to create law. Your actions shape the ways our State and our People live their lives. Then why is it as Republicans, we cannot pass pro 2nd Amendment Legislation and get it signed into law? Our wonderful State has been under Florida Republican control since 1996 and yet when it comes to the 2nd Amendment we’re clumped together with states like New York, New Jersey, and California. Since 2011, Florida Republicans in the House and Senate have blocked the passage of pro 2nd Amendment Bills.  

Alabama is on the cusp of Constitutional Carry and Georgia is too. Both States that border our own have both Open Carry and Campus Carry. Yet we are one of the few states that have neither. Forty five states have Open Carry. FORTY FIVE STATES.  

Even Vermont, the home State of Bernie Sanders has Constitutional Carry. What's that you might ask? It is the permit-less carry of firearms for self defense. Both openly and concealed. The People don't need a government permission slip to exercise their 2nd Amendment Rights. And that is done in the home state of Bernie Sanders yet we here in Florida are barred from exercising those same freedoms.  

Today (Feb 22, 2017) New Hampshire signed into law Constitutional Carry. North Dakota is currently in the process of passing Constitutional Carry also. Their House of Representatives just passed their bill today.  

So far 12 States have Constitutional Carry. Alaska, Arizona, Idaho, Kansas, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Vermont, Wyoming, West Virginia, and now New Hampshire.  

Indiana, Kentucky, Minnesota, North Dakota and South Dakota have Constitutional Carry Bills currently proceeding through their legislative bodies and they’ve had Open Carry and Campus Carry as law for years too.  

We Floridians aren’t even asking Constitutional Carry. We’re asking for Permitted Open Carry and Campus Carry along with the removal of Gun Free Zones.  

I and my fellow Floridians and Republicans are asking you to correct the injustices that we have to live with.  

* In 2016, it was Sen. Miguel Diaz de la Portilla that blocked any chance of Campus Carry or Open Carry from reaching a floor vote by blocking it in committee.  

* If you recall. In November of 2014; there was an active shooter attack at the Strozier Library at Florida State University. One of the FSU Students injured by the crazed attacker was a legally licensed conceal carry permit holder but was disarmed by State Law which bans anyone from carrying on campus. What's worse is that our fellow Floridians could have been legally armed if earlier that year the same type of bill as today was not gutted by a Senate Republican. Three FSU students were injured because of such a cowardly act in the Florida Senate. One of them could have actually saved his fellow students.  

* In 2014's Session, it was Sen. Charles McBurney; Republican of course that blocked SB-344 in the Senate via committee.  

* In 2011, it was Sen. Ellyn Bogdanoff that prevent FSU students from being able to be legally armed. She removed any and all mention of Campus Carry and Open Carry from SB-234 by an amendment that was then voted and passed by fellow Republicans.  

Our Party claims to be the one that protects the 2nd Amendment yet time after time, they have been the ones that kill our rights. This is unacceptable. I bring this to your attention because their actions affect you and I as Republicans and Floridians. If the GOP claims to be a Party that defends the 2nd Amendment, protects the right to self defense, and claims to be the true Party that is for the equality and freedom of for all including women and minorities. Then they need to pass Campus Carry and Open Carry.  

Open Carry ties into this because women are hindered by societal standards on dress. It is much harder for a woman to conceal a firearm on their body. Usually they have to resort to off body carry via a purse. This in of itself is a problem and then you have the issue with the restrictions placed by banning Campus Carry.  

In 2016, Ms. Lopez-Rivas wrote this letter to then Sen. Miguel Diaz de la Portilla. Ms. Lopez-Rivas at the time was an undergraduate student at Florida State University and a Rape Victim.  

"I am typing this letter from a Starbucks in Tallahassee, where I am situationally aware, trained, and well armed. Although I do not expect anything drastic to happen today, I am still prepared if something does go down—either to get the heck out and dodge, or tackle whatever happens head on, and I am prepared to do so with deadly force if needed. Although I now maintain great situational awareness everywhere I go and have self defense training in disarming, and in fighting off, an attacker, there are times where I am legally left without the tool that could best level the playing field in protecting me—my gun.  

Currently under Florida law, I am not allowed to carry on my campus, Florida State University. On my campus that reported 17 sexual assaults in 2014; on my campus that uses maybe 10 uniformed officers at any given point in time to protect the whole campus; on my campus that refuses to back campus carry as a way for women to legitimately protect themselves from assault; and on my campus which claims sovereign immunity when they are unable to protect these women: I am told I am safe and I do not need a gun.  

While President Thrasher and university officials would have you believe that I am not defenseless, and even, that I am safe on campus, I would beg to differ. I already used pepper spray once; do you want to know how that ended for me? I was left shaking and crying, half naked on campus grounds, with cut marks all over my body. That's what pepper spray did for me.As a gun rights activist, I can write all day about our Second Amendment rights. I will throw down statistics like how 0.1 percent of rapes were completed when women used a firearm as compared to a 34 percent completion rate when women used any other form of self-defense. Or how with the exception of two, all the mass shootings since the 1950's have been in gun free zones. Stats are easy to discuss, but when it comes to talking about being raped, my throat gets dry and my hands freeze up. It's a lot harder to write about nightmares than it is to write about numbers.  

And I do have nightmares from being raped on campus. Sometimes they are so bad I wake up at three in the morning sweaty and terrified because in my mind I am being raped again. In my mind I am there: I am forced into a secluded area, forced to unzip my pants, forced to lay down as tiny cuts are made all over my body and a man I do not know rolls on a condom and forces himself on top of me. I remember how cold the asphalt felt as I distracted myself from the sting of the knife. I remember looking into his eyes and realizing there was no emotion behind them, no sympathy just sadism. And I remember thinking: this is how I'm going to die and then getting up after it was done, tears streaming down my face and neck wondering how I even survived.  

I was already raped once off campus my freshman year of college, but this time I used pepper spray. This time I ran, heading for those blue lights staggered around campus to signal the police I was in danger. I did everything right but when he pulled a knife I stopped fighting. Instinct told me to cooperate if I didn't want to get stabbed to death, and here I am today—sitting at Starbucks, simultaneously trying to remember the exact details and forget this ever happened.  

I fight for my Second Amendment rights because I believe I should never have a chance of getting raped again. I won't deny the possibility of getting injured, but my gun gives me a chance that pepper spray, stun guns, and pocketknives never will. It prevents a knife being held at my throat and the voice of a stranger promising me he won't kill me. And I won't be denied the right to have that chance of surviving a potential attack rather than being assaulted again.  

Sen. Diaz de la Portilla, why are you so adamant in denying me my right to protect myself and have a gun on campus? Why have you not schedule the campus carry bill for the Senate Judiciary Committee you chair? Why have you not met with me for 15 minutes since October when I began sending you and your legislative assistant weekly emails asking for an appointment?  

I hope this open letter will engage opposition to campus carry. I hope everyone will understand why it's so important that the bill be scheduled for a vote. Senator Diaz de la Portilla: Don't let me be raped on campus again, let me arm myself, and whether you vote yes or no, at least schedule the campus carry bill for a vote."  

In February of 2012; Mr. Dale Norman was arrested by Fort Pierce Police for legally carrying a pistol. Mr. Norman was abiding by State Law by concealing his pistol while carrying under the authority of his State Issued Conceal Carry Weapons Permit. Mr. Norman's shirt rode up and briefly exposed the bottom of his holster. Once again; Mr. Norman, a law abiding was simply walking along the side walk and was arrested at gun point and forced to the ground simply for exercising his rights. Mr. Norman is currently fighting for his civil rights in the Florida Supreme Court.  

Mr. Dale Norman by the way is an African American and a law abiding citizen. Floridians that happen to be of Minority Communities are also harmed by the failure of our legislative body to pass pro 2nd Amendment bills. Because of Sen. Ellyn Bogdanoff’s actions in 2011; Mr. Dale Norman now has an arrest record and his fighting for his Constitutional Rights.  

I as a Floridian and a Republican ask that you support the passage of the following bills.  

* THREATENING VIOLENCE ( SB 88 , from Sen. Steube, R): Would criminalize the act of threatening to use a firearm in a violent manner, under penalty of committing a second-degree felony.  

* STAND YOUR GROUND ( SB 128 from Sen. Bradley, R / HB 245 from Reps. Payne, R, and Rep. Fischer, R): Would shift the burden of proof in a criminal case where a defendant claims immunity under Florida's “Stand Your Ground” law by requiring the prosecutor, not the defendant, to prove at a pre-trial hearing why the defendant shouldn't be granted immunity from prosecution. In the amended Senate version, if the self-defense claim is unsuccessful, evidence presented at the pre-trial hearing would be inadmissible at trial.  

* DECRIMINALIZES "TEMPORARY AND OPEN DISPLAY" ( SB 646 , from Sen. Steube, R): Providing that a person licensed to carry a concealed weapon or firearm who is lawfully carrying a firearm does not violate certain provisions if the firearm is temporarily and openly displayed; authorizing each member of the Florida Cabinet to carry a concealed weapon or firearm if he or she is licensed to carry a concealed weapon or firearm and does not have full-time security provided by the Department of Law Enforcement, etc.  

* OPEN CARRY ( SB 644 , Sen. Steube, R): Would allow for the open carrying of handguns by the state's 1.7 million concealed weapons permit-holders and would allow those permit-holders to carry guns in elementary and secondary schools, public college and university campuses, airport passenger terminals, legislative meetings, meetings of municipal, county, school or special district boards, and career centers.  

* GUN BAN LIABILITY ( SB 610 , Sen. Steube, R): Would make a private “business, organization, or entity” that bans concealed weapons liable for any injury or damage caused by a person or animal, if the incident “could reasonably have been prevented” had the permit-holder not been required to be disarmed.  

* GUNS IN COURTHOUSES ( SB 616 , Sen. Steube, R): Would allow concealed weapons permit-holders to carry guns in to courthouses and temporarily surrender and store the gun at a security checkpoint.  

* GUNS IN AIRPORTS ( SB 618 from Sen. Steube, R / HB 6001 from Rep. Jake Raburn, R): Would lift a current ban and allow concealed weapons permit-holders to carry guns in passenger terminals and non-“sterile” areas of airports, which are locations outside of security checkpoints.  

* GUNS IN LEGISLATIVE MEETINGS ( SB 620 , from Sen. Steube, R): Would lift a current ban and allow concealed weapons permit-holders to carry guns in meetings of the Legislature, which include formal sessions and committee hearings.  

* GUNS ON CAMPUS ( SB 622 from Sen. Steube, R / HB 6005 , from Rep. Plakon, R): Would lift a current ban and allow concealed weapons permit-holders to carry guns on public college and university campuses. [Steube's version is different in that it also clarifies guns would still be banned from any K-12, college or university athletic event “not related to firearms.”]  

* GUNS IN GOVERNMENT MEETINGS ( SB 626 , from Sen. Steube, R): Would lift a current ban and allow concealed weapons permit-holders to carry guns in meetings of any municipality, county, school district or special district.  

* GUNS IN CAREER CENTERS ( SB 640 , from Sen. Steube, R): Would lift a current ban and allow concealed weapons permit-holders to carry guns in career centers.  

* POLICE WAITING PERIOD EXEMPTION ( HJR 291 , from Reps. Hahnfeldt, R, Rand Rep. Asencio, D): Proposes a constitutional amendment to exempt law enforcement officers from the mandatory three-day waiting period for purchasing handguns. [Constitutional amendments must be approved by three-fifths of both the House and Senate — 72 members in the House and 24 in the Senate — in order to be placed on a ballot, and then 60-percent approval from voters is required for the measure to become law.]  

* END OF GUN FREE ZONES ( Senate Bill 908 from Sen. Baxley, R/ House Bill 803 from Rep. Hahnfeldt, R) The end of gun free zones that strip the rights the of public from being able to defend themselves in legally accessible spaces.  

Sincerely, 

This email is straight to the FL GOP Party Members an to all of the House and Senate GOP members are CC'ed on it so they can see that we mean to cut off party support to them if they don't help in passing these bills. 

Email to FL GOP Party Members

SUBJECT: The FL GOP and the 2017 Legislative Session 

TO: [email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected]’ [email protected];[email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected];[email protected][email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected];[email protected]CC:  [email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected]

Since 1996, the State of Florida has been under FL GOP control. Yet we are still grouped together with States like California, New York, and New Jersey when it comes to the 2nd Amendment and how that right is exercised. 

Why is it that Florida under GOP control cannot pass pro 2nd Amendment Legislation? Why must we as Floridians and Americans have our rights restricted and stuck in the past? Since 2011, Florida Republicans in the House and Senate have blocked the passage of pro 2nd Amendment Bills. 

So far 12 States have Constitutional Carry. Alaska, Arizona, Idaho, Kansas, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Vermont, Wyoming, West Virginia, and now New Hampshire. Indiana, Kentucky, Minnesota, North Dakota and South Dakota have Constitutional Carry Bills currently proceeding through their legislative bodies. 

The role of the County Level Party and its committee members are to voice the issues the base of Republican Party have with the party itself. What can you? Contact the Governor's Office, contact the Senate President's Office, contact the Speaker of the House's Office, and contact State Level Party Officials in Tallahassee. Push the point that we the people and base of the party are tired of being left in the back of the civil rights movements towards self defense. If the GOP is the Party of Liberty, Freedom, Constitutionalism, and true Equality then why is our party preventing the passage of true pro 2nd Amendment Legislation? 

I ask that you help push this issue at every GOP function. At every meeting with elected officials. Make sure that if our Republican Members in the Legislature want party support then they need to actually do work that expands the rights and liberties the party professes to support and protect. If not, then we as Party members will withdraw our support from them and if we must the Party itself. Our Votes and Dollars will no longer go and support those that wish to restrict our rights. 

Have the FL GOP voice support for the following bills in the House and Senate. 

Link Posted: 2/22/2017 6:45:06 PM EDT
[#23]
All the new bills have been placed in committees. Now is time again to FIremission their Inboxes.

*** CLICK HERE *** 2/22/17 FL OPEN/CAMPUS CARRY FIREMISSION Do these three emails. *** CLICK HERE***
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:28:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
All the new bills have been placed in committees. Now is time again to FIremission their Inboxes.

*** CLICK HERE *** 2/22/17 FL OPEN/CAMPUS CARRY FIREMISSION Do these three emails. *** CLICK HERE***
View Quote

On it, thanks for the update.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 8:45:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:27:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 3:28:33 PM EDT
[#27]
It would be nice to know when open carry will be on Judiciary agenda.  Tiffany never called me back as to Flores voting yea in a procedural fashion only in committee, then voting no on the floor if she so chooses.

A few days before the meeting might be a nice time to call again and ask
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 10:37:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Well.... our last option is to harass the every living fuck out of Joe Negron. No emails.... just phone calls and letters.  

December 2015: Senate President-designate Joe Negron sidesteps gun bill controversy 

District Office: 
3500 Southwest Corporate Parkway 
Suite 204 
Palm City, FL 34990 
(772) 219-1665 
Senate VOIP: 42500 
FAX (772) 219-1666 
Toll Free (888) 759-0791 

Tallahassee Office 
305 Senate Office Building 
404 South Monroe Street 
Tallahassee, FL 32399-1100 
(850) 487-5025 
Senate VOIP: 5025 

He has an additional office since he's the Senate President. 

Office Mailing Address: 
404 S. Monroe Street 
Tallahassee, FL 32399-1100 
Phone: (850) 487-5229

Here's my after action report from yesterday's events at the Florida Capitol.

Big thanks to SGB for being there yesterday.

Yesterday, March 7, 2017 was the first day of the Legislative Session for Florida and with that two 2nd Amendment related bills were up for debate in the Senate Judiciary Committee. The same committee where Open Carry and Campus Carry were killed last year by then Republican Committee Chair Senator Miguel Diaz de la Portilla. As you know, there has been on ongoing issue this year in that same committee. This time with two Republican Senators.

Senator Anitere Flores, the Florida Senate’s President Pro Tempore. She’s the second most powerful Senator under the Senate President, Joe Negron. The other is Senator Rene Garcia.

The two bills up for debate were SB 616 and SB 646. SB 616 was about Guns and Court Houses. It would not have allowed concealed carry in the court, it simply would have allowed licensed permitted concealed carry holders to check in their gun with the police/sheriff stationed at the court. Nothing more and nothing less. SB 646 would have decriminalized accidental exposure of a concealed firearm. It would have made it a $25 dollar fine to the Clerk of the Court and a non arrestable offense.

Both bills were scheduled to be heard in the Senate Judiciary Committee at 4pm. Myself and a number of Florida 2nd Amendment Supporters spent all day at the Capitol meeting with Senators that are part of the Judiciary Committee.

At 1pm we met with Senator Flores’ Office. We presented the facts and explained why SB 646 needed to be passed, especially after the unjust ruling from the Florida Supreme Court in Norman v State. Then we met with Senator Mayfield’s Office at 2pm. Senator Mayfield’s Staff stated with no uncertain term that she supports SB 646 and she does not agree with the Court ruling in Norman v State. Mr. Norman lives in her district and she found it appalling to what happened to him.

At 3pm we met with Senator Garcia. With our group was a current FSU student that was raped on campus in 2014. She told Senator Garcia in person that she was raped on campus and then asked him if he would support Campus Carry. Senator Garcia flat out stated no that he will not support it. Senator was also asked if he’d support Open Carry and he said no.

At 3:30pm we then met with Sen. Steube to discuss SB 646 and of course the actual elephant in the room. SB 644 (Legitimate Open Carry) and SB 622 (Legitimate Open Carry). We asked Sen. Steube if Senate President Joe Negron will use his constitutional authority to places these bills directly for a floor vote in the Senate and he stated that it does not appear that Senate President Negron will not do such an act.  We were unable to get word directly from Senate President Joe Negron. Also no word from the House on where their Pro Gun Bills are at the moment either.

We then attended the Committee Meeting at 4pm. The first 2nd Amendment bill to be heard was SB 616 (Courthouse gun check in). During the debate. Sen. Flores openly stated that she will only vote for this bill because it is very limited in scope and she does not support Campus Carry, Airport Carry, School Carry, or Open Carry. Senator Garcia then stated that he shares beliefs and supports Senator Flores’ statements and furthermore he then went on about mental health.

Senator Flores stated “I do not support guns on campus, I do not support having guns in airports and I do not support guns in school zones. I don’t support those things.”

Senator Garcia stated “I want to echo the sentiments Sen. Flores stated.”

I must say, Senator Debbie Mayfield stood strong in the opposition that is Senator Flores and her lackey Senator Garcia. Senator Mayfield said “I am one of those that believe it is a God given right for us to protect ourselves and to carry a gun.”

As of this point, Campus Carry and Open Carry is dead in Florida unless Senate President Joe Negron pulls these bills out of committee and move them directly to a floor vote. Senator Greg Steube is fighting an uphill battle this year. Sadly, for a State under Republican control since 1996, it appears that once again Republicans are killing Pro Gun Legislation by smothering it in the cradle via committee and worse it is being done by Senate President Joe Negron’s top lieutenant and the second most powerful person, Senator Anitere Flores.

Senator Flores was given a 100% A+ rating by the NRA in 2015 and the NRA endorsed her for her bid to run for Florida Senate in 2010.

FL Senator Flores Pledges to Fight Against Gun Rights

Go to 4:18 to hear  Anitere Flores say “I do not support guns on campus, I do not support having guns in airports and I do not support guns in school zones. I don’t support those things.”

This long one, just right click and open it in a new tab/window.

Link Posted: 3/9/2017 7:40:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Thank you brother.  I guess these politicians forget that they are elected by us and can be replaced by us.  A lot of incumbents in State and Federal elections have been replaced in the past few election cycles so you would think it might open their eyes, but apparently it hasn't.  We all know there is a strong chance we could loose the governors seat in the next election so we need to make sure we have strong conservatives representing us in Tally.

I also notice both Garcia and Flores are from the Miami area....not surprising at all.  We might be better off letting those seats go to the Dems and filling the committees with constitutional conservatives instead of RINO's.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 10:52:33 AM EDT
[#30]
Among the pro-gun bills Flores supported before she flipped are: Firearms in National Forests, Firearms in vehicles in parking lots, Prohibiting firearm discrimination in adoptions, the “Pop Tart legislation, Allowing tax collectors to process concleaed permit applications and 2005’s Castle Doctrine/Stand Your Ground bill.

In 2010, she signed the State Legislator Amicus Brief in the landmark McDonald V. Chicago case, which was pending before the U.S. Supreme Court.

Instead of the standard NRA Questionnaire, she wrote a personal letter in July 6, 2016 and sent to Marion Hammer https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/3512802-Anitere-Flores-2016-Election-Letter.html.

The letter stated the following.

“I have always been and will continue to be a fierce defender of our constitutional rights,” Flores wrote. “The Second Amendment, in particular, guarantees a fundamental individual right to keep and bear arms that government has no right to infringe upon. During my years in public service, my record shows that I have acted in accordance with these beliefs and values."

Sen. Flores voted in favor of every pro-gun bill she ever saw except for two absences and now she turned on us and sided with Bloomberg's Moms Demand Action.

I know why. She bashed our Constitutional Rights on the rock of despotism for political career advancement since she wants to run for Miami Mayor. 

Marion Hammer says she doesn't know.... it is pretty obvious.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 8:50:43 AM EDT
[#31]
I have submitted a number of public record requests with the Florida Senate and the Secretary of State's Office. So far I have gotten the emails. They're two different sets. 

Remember, on July 6, 2017 she sent her letter off to Marion Hammer and the NRA. 

Well, the emails show that she 100% supported the call for a special session for gun control. I have also requested the actual completed poll Secretary of State Ken Detzner sent to Senator Flores. I have the blank one the Secretary of State sent but I don't have the completed one. 

And worse off.... on March 28, 2017 Flores once again stalled the committee hearing on SB 646 (Decriminalization of Brief Exposure of a Firearm). It was scheduled to the meeting and Senator Steube had to pull it again because of Flores. 

So between the emails, the letter she sent to the NRA, and as soon as I get the completed poll back. There will be enough physical evidence to prove that Flores flip flopped and can't be an honest politician. 
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

1.      From: Secretary of State [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2016 1:40 PM
To: Flores, Anitere <[email protected]>
Cc: McRea, William <[email protected]>; Vasquez, Lissette <[email protected]>; Lorente, Tiffany <[email protected]>
Importance: High

Subject: Department of State - Special Session Poll 2016

Please find attached the Department of State’s poll pursuant to section 11.011(2), Florida Statutes. The voted and signed poll must be returned to the Department of State by Noon, Tuesday, July 5, 2016.

Best regards,
Ken Detzner
Secretary of State

2.      From: Anitere <[email protected]>
Date: June 28, 2016 at 2:15:38 PM EDT
To: "Vasquez, Lissette" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Department of State - Special Session Poll 2016

I am a yes on this

Senator Anitere Flores

On Jun 28, 2016, at 10:59 AM, Vasquez, Lissette <[email protected]> wrote:

FYI
Lissette Vasquez
Legislative Assistant
Office of State Senator Anitere Flores
District 37
10691 North Kendall Drive
Suite 309
Miami, FL 33176
(305) 270-6550
(850) 487-5037
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

1.      From: Charlotte Twine [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Friday, July 08, 2016 10:33 AM
To: Flores, Anitere (Web) <[email protected]>
Cc: Lorente, Tiffany <[email protected]>; McRea, William <[email protected]>

Subject: speak with Senator Flores?

Senator Flores:
How are you? I am a reporter for the Florida Keys Free Press. Would it be possible to speak with you about your vote on the special legislative session on gun control a few days ago? I would just take a minute of your time. Or, if it’s easier to connect via email, just let me know. Thanks!

Best,
Charlotte
Charlotte Twine
Staff Writer
Florida Keys Free Press
305-853-7277 ext. 16
http://www.keysnews.com

2.      From: Yohana de la Torre [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Friday, July 08, 2016 12:39 PM
To: [email protected]

Subject: Fwd: speak with Senator Flores?

Charlotte:
Thanks for reaching out. What is your deadline? I’ll try and set up a phone interview for you.
Thanks,
Yohana

Yohana de la Torre
(239) 896-4695
[email protected]

3.      From: "Charlotte Twine" <[email protected]>
Date: July 8, 2016 at 5:13:26 PM EDT
To: "'Yohana de la Torre'" <[email protected]>
Reply-To: <[email protected]>

Subject: RE: speak with Senator Flores?

Hi Yohana:
Thanks for your email. My deadline is Monday at noon. If a phone interview isn’t possible by then, it would be great if Senator Flores could at least answer these two questions via email:
--Senator Flores, why did you vote yes for a special legislative session on gun control?
--Was this a difficult decision for you, since it goes against traditional Republican party lines?
That’s it, thanks!

Best,
Charlotte
Charlotte Twine
Staff Writer
Florida Keys Free Press
305-853-7277 ext. 16

4.      From: Anitere [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Monday, July 11, 2016 10:07 AM
To: [email protected]

Subject: Special session on guns

Dear Charlotte,
Thank you for reaching out. Sorry we couldn't connect via phone earlier.
As a legislator, my job is to discuss and debate the pressing issues facing our state. The tragic shooting in Orlando left many questions unanswered relating to our gun laws. For example, Why did someone questioned twice by the FBI have access to a semi automatic rifle?
The shooter did not care what political party his victims were a member of. Republicans and Democrats alike should come together to have an honest discussion on the issues. I, for one, will never fear the debate.
Please let me know if you need anything else from my end.
Thanks!

Senator Anitere Flores

5.      From: "Charlotte Twine" <[email protected]>
Date: July 11, 2016 at 10:26:10 AM EDT
To: "'Anitere'" <[email protected]>
Reply-To: <[email protected]>

Subject: RE: Special session on guns

Hello Senator:
Thanks so much for your answers. Yes, I’m sorry we were unable to connect via phone. These should be enough, but I’ll contact you very soon if I need anything else.

Best,
Charlotte
Charlotte Twine
Staff Writer
Florida Keys Free Press
305-853-7277 ext. 16
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 12:33:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Sen. President Joe Negron has, effectively, Killed HB 779, by referring it to a full slate of Senate Committess (JU, GOA, Rules), two of which Anitere Flores sits on. I bet it won't even get out of the Judiciary committee before the legislative session ends. 

So Negron has shown his true colors too.

No further activity on Pro-2A issues, this year.

Tampa Bay Times: No further hearings on gun bills
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 11:15:53 PM EDT
[#33]
779 didn't do anything anyway.  Better we get a clear skunk than passing some shit bill that will let the Rs/NRA gloat about passing a "pro-gun" bill.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 11:33:13 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm burnt out.... 

I see this in every field. Every organization and career tries to justify its existence and increase its budget. It happens in every political organization whether it is government, non-profit, or for profit. But it happens. Public Universities fight for grants, charities fight for donations, government agencies fight for increased budgets, etc....

The NRA is the same thing. Wayne LaPierre makes a huge chunk of change. And he's just one of the public faces. But plenty of other people do too. 

I got involved in this not to make money but to expand freedom. And I am doing so at a possible detriment and risk to my personal wealth and income let alone my career and family. A good number of our Founding Fathers put up their personal fortunes to fight against King and Crown so their offspring can live in freedom. They died penniless and with nothing. 

I was raised with that spirit that freedom is worth everything, wealth and even my life if need be. But the way things have been and continue to be makes me have second thoughts. Why be a martyr for a cause that will not be remembered or fought for. All I see is gun owners claiming that they want more freedom and liberty yet all I see are excuses about "I can't take time off", "but I work for living", "the drive is too far away", etc....

Well... folks. I'm starting to reach the end of my wick here. The brightest flame burn quickest. And right now I'm about to really apply the fire. 

With the way things have turned out on all levels.... I'm becoming the pragmatic asshole that I was before the presidential election again. The FL GOP is the same as it always has been. Dealing with the NRA and others at the Capitol is the same as always, and even the election results of the 2017 BoD race shows that the majority of gun owners just don't care. 

I mean Supermoose threw his name out there very well. He was in every Blog I could think of. He was in every podcast and YouTube video I can think of. He was endorsed left and right. And yet here we are trying to scramble at the last minute for him to get on a one year seat on the BoD. 

On top of all that, the Old Guard Elitist Establishment in the NRA might get their damn rule change and forever block us out. We won't know until next weekend but damn.

Either I fight or I say fuck it. But I ain't gonna be tilting at windmills for nothing. 
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 10:50:45 AM EDT
[#35]
Anyone hear rumors if there is any planned movement on gun rights before session ends?
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 5:52:32 PM EDT
[#36]
SB-616 (introduced by Senator Greg Steube), would have allowed lawful gun owners with concealed carry permits to store their firearms with security in courthouses.

If you recall, it was during the Senate Judiciary Committee meeting for SB-616 when Republican State Senators Anitere Flores and Rene Garcia stated that they would block any and all pro-gun bills back on March 7.

Well, the Florida House of Representatives isn’t immune either. Republican House Speaker Richard Corcoran needed the Democrats’ support to get the Everglades water bill, SB-10, passed in the House and so agreed to drop Steube’s last remaining gun bill.

(House Speaker Richard Corcoran, R-Land O’Lakes)

SB-161 was set to be heard in the House when at the last minute Democrats struck a deal with the Florida GOP. The Democrats promised the GOP support for SB-10.

SB-10 was and is of course Senate President Joe Negron’s baby. Rules chairman told the Miami Herald after the daily floor session that because SB 616 wasn’t taken up Tuesday, it’s dead for the session which ends next week.

(House Speaker Richard Corcoran, R-Land O’Lakes, and Rules chairman Jose Oliva, R-Miami Lakes)

House Democratic Leader Janet Cruz celebrated the killing of Steube’s bill, characterizing the measure as dangerous and ill-advised.

(House Democratic Leader Janet Cruz of Tampa)

"I told them I felt, ‘You take this wonderful bill in Senate Bill 10 that has a long way to go but it does a lot of work to protect the environment for Floridians, yet you’re willing to put forth a bill that will kill Floridians with gun violence,’” Cruz said.

"It was just simply unacceptable to the values of our caucus,” she continued. “So we want to move Senate Bill 10 along? We know that that’s the Senate president’s priority — but we are gun weary, so let’s kill a bill.”

SB-616 passed in the Senate on a 19-15 vote and likely would have been approved in the House had it been considered.

But once again, the Florida GOP has snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Worse though is that the House slated SB-616 to a direct floor vote and skip the committee procedure. The Senate can do the same and yet it has not on any pro-gun bill this year. Instead allowing the majority to die in committee.

Constantly, the NRA endorses and supports candidates that go back on their word. The NRA-PVF needs to completely revise the way they endorse and support candidates.

House Speaker Richard Corcoran was endorsed and given an ‘A’ rating by the NRA-PVF and yet he killed a pro-gun bill.

The complete revision and revamping of the endorsement process is one of my goals as a board member. To end to constant endorsement and good rating of candidates that backtrack and kill pro-gun legislation.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 5:53:48 PM EDT
[#37]
SB-140 Burden of Proof is still in limbo in the Senate and will more than likely not be heard since session ends next week. 

No Pro Gun bills will reach Rick Scott this year
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 7:41:10 AM EDT
[#38]
We need to vote them all out and start over...regardless of party.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 7:56:47 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
We need to vote them all out and start over...regardless of party.
View Quote
Committee meetings for next year start in December. We need to start campaigning even before then for better gun rights. We have to set up protest rallies and marches at the Capitol. The pro-second amendment representation every year is pitiful because it is only a handful of people.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 12:54:42 PM EDT
[#40]

HJR-291 and HB-673 are two bills that if reaching the Governor’s desk and the ballot would exempt Florida Law Enforcement from the three day waiting period that the state mandates on firearm purchase waiting periods. But in reality it is actually longer than that. The law says three day wait on hand guns and zero day wait on long guns. But by State Constitution; counties are allowed to amend it to five days for both and of course weekends and holidays don’t count.Florida conceal carry weapon permit holders are exempt from the waiting period but that’s because they jumped through the State’s legal hoops. They got their finger prints taken. Paid nonrefundable fees. Took State mandated classes. Etc.

Florida Law Enforcement Officials can get a FL CCW without any of that. Under State Chapter 790 of the Florida Criminal Statutes. Law Enforcement Officials are granted exemptions from many of the requirements for a CCW permit. All they have to do is pay the fees.

But instead of that, now the State wants to further give those that chose government employment as a career another exemption. Another carve out attached to their title of nobility. Which last I checked, the entire basis of our society and culture is that no man bows down to a ruler and every man is his own king. Yet here we have another case of “Haves” and “Have Nots”.

HJR-291 (passed 115-1 ) HB-673 (passed 117-0) were bipartisan too. The Republicans and Democrats can work together in the House to pass those two bills but choose to bash SB-616 (Courthouse Gun Check In) upon the rocks in the sake of passing SB-10 (Everglades Water). The bipartisan sponsors of the legislation, Rep. Don Hahnfeldt (R) and Rep. Robert Asencio (D) believed the carve out is needed and recognizes the training given to Law Enforcement Officers.

And somehow Speaker of the House Richard Corcoran (R) can find the time to get this voted on but not SB-616. (Florida Republicans killed another Pro-Gun bill in the last week of the Legislative Session.)

"This bill will help protect Floridians in every town, city, and county by making sure our tax dollars are being properly spent to ensure officers are properly equipped to fight crime and keep our communities safe,” Rep. Asencio (D) said in a statement released by the FL House Democratic Office. “It is commonsense measures like these that continue to move our state forward."

If signed into law; it would be a change to the State Constitution via the 2018 general election ballot. Ultimately voters would have a say. (Thank God)

As a Law Enforcement Officer, the special exemption goes against what I believe in. Cops can get CCW permits and skip the waiting period just like every other Floridian. In fact, cops can get a CCW much easier than John Q Public. There is already a system in place for the waiting period exemption. Further driving a wedge between the general public and law enforcement is not a good thing.
Iam against this. The Constitution and the 2nd Amendment is for all. Not just a select few due to their employment or position.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 10:02:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 11:26:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Stand Your Ground bill passed. This is a good thing if reading correctly???

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/florida/articles/2017-05-05/florida-set-to-change-burden-of-proof-in-stand-your-ground
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Stand Your Ground bill passed. This is a good thing if reading correctly???

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/florida/articles/2017-05-05/florida-set-to-change-burden-of-proof-in-stand-your-ground
Amazing.... They actually passed something. Still worthless to a degree like the "accidental exposure bullshit that lead to Norman v State.

From the article....

The Senate had earlier refused to consider changes the House made to the bill, then accepted them when the House stood its ground on its position.The Senate bill originally said prosecutors have to prove "beyond a reasonable doubt" that a defendant wasn't acting in self-defense. The House changed that language to the lower threshold of presenting "clear and convincing evidence."Defendants now have to prove they were acting in self-defense to avoid a trial.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 5:14:07 PM EDT
[#43]

When are gunowners going to demand action?
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 10:08:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Great work JBT!
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 10:12:44 AM EDT
[#45]
Something is in the works for next session.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 10:06:49 AM EDT
[#46]
@Miami_JBT

I'm moving to Florida soon. Any help you need on the technology side I can try to help with to stem the tide that looks to be coming our way. I've created automated email systems (type in name and info and it will send a pre made letter with the opportunity for you to edit it off to a selected recipient) for past issues in Michigan. It can also build an email mailing list from those people. Let me know if that sort of thing would help.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 10:14:39 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
@Miami_JBT

I'm moving to Florida soon. Any help you need on the technology side I can try to help with to stem the tide that looks to be coming our way. I've created automated email systems (type in name and info and it will send a pre made letter with the opportunity for you to edit it off to a selected recipient) for past issues in Michigan. It can also build an email mailing list from those people. Let me know if that sort of thing would help.
View Quote
@sparty

Thanks
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top