Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2015 8:24:34 PM EDT
Pretty much sums up what happened to me today:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bGd0gzvK_U[/youtube]

OK, who the heck laughed, yall know fire ants aren't funny when you're standing in them and don't know it................................  
Link Posted: 10/25/2015 8:35:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone in Florida will laugh at someone standing in fire ants- the antics are beyond comical.

After that, we will help you nuke the bastards from orbit or closer.
Link Posted: 10/25/2015 8:56:39 PM EDT
[#2]
The best way to kill and eliminate fire ants if you have 2 different mounds nearby is to take a shovel full from each bed and put it on the other, ants establish colonies and each colony hates other colonies they are enemies and will kill each other right down to the queen of the mound. Try it sometime, and if you have a bad ant problem get some Triazicide in the bottle that you can hook a water hose to and spray your yard with it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2015 9:32:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The best way to kill and eliminate fire ants if you have 2 different mounds nearby is to take a shovel full from each bed and put it on the other, ants establish colonies and each colony hates other colonies they are enemies and will kill each other right down to the queen of the mound. Try it sometime, and if you have a bad ant problem get some Triazicide in the bottle that you can hook a water hose to and spray your yard with it.
View Quote

I usually keep em under control.
It's the small ones that seem to pop up over night that will getcha.

They don't know that this:

Is gonna get them this:

Soon.................  very soon.............................      

Link Posted: 10/25/2015 10:25:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah molten aluminum will do them in
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 6:03:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 7:45:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 11:02:40 AM EDT
[#7]
I get bit every year by the little bastards and always end up needing prednisone for it. Last summer I got half a dozen bites on my ankle all at once, blew up the size of a softball.

Link Posted: 10/26/2015 2:59:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I get bit every year by the little bastards and always end up needing prednisone for it. Last summer I got half a dozen bites on my ankle all at once, blew up the size of a softball.

View Quote

Try getting over 500 noseeum bites on both legs. My shoes didn't fit for three days
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 7:28:54 AM EDT
[#9]
fireants are the worlds most useless creatures
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 5:26:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Dang O21

Try over and out if you have a problem..... The only downside I see about using

it is.......If you don't keep it going on schedule the ant's will come back with a vengeance.

I believe that their food sources multiply in their absence and gives them a big boost

when they return.
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 5:28:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
fireants are the worlds most useless creatures
View Quote

I know a few Democrates that deserve that title.

As far as fire ants are concerned, I've had pretty good luck with Amdro. I keep a jug on my mower, and sprinkle the mounds as I pass. They're gone by morning. Usually only have to do this every other month.
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 7:05:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

I really wanna do that sometime. It's amazing how deep those colonies get.
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 8:20:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Amdro keeps my fire ants under control.
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 9:26:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are impressive.

Link Posted: 10/28/2015 3:06:26 PM EDT
[#15]
I fight a never ending battle with those little bastards. Of all the things for my daughter to be allergic to, it had to be fire ants. I'm  talking anaphylactic, epi-pen allergic. I walk my yard with a can of the orthene powder every few days in the summer. It kills the mounds pretty quickly, but I'm surrounded by sandy fields with more of the little bastards just waiting to move in. My daughter has been doing the allergy shots for a couple of years now. Supposedly, they work pretty good, but we won't know unless she gets bitten, which we've managed to avoid so far.
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 9:08:31 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Try getting over 500 noseeum bites on both legs. My shoes didn't fit for three days
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Get chiggers on your balls and ass cheeks....no seemums are kids play....
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 7:19:59 AM EDT
[#17]
When I was about 18 a buddy of mine with a broken leg had them get in through the toe hole in his cast. He tried using a coat hanger to get them. He ended up breaking off the cast.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 11:13:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
When I was about 18 a buddy of mine with a broken leg had them get in through the toe hole in his cast. He tried using a coat hanger to get them. He ended up breaking off the cast.
View Quote

Holy Sheet!
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 5:03:08 PM EDT
[#19]
I have managed over the last 6 months . To get them away from the house. Just today I picked up the last of what I need to finish them off for the next 6 months. Twice a year is not going to be bad. Better then me and  the dogs getting all bitup.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top