Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2014 10:58:01 AM EDT
I'm in Miaimi-Dade. Looking for a gunsmith to pin and weld a comp on an Ar 15. I want one who has done the job and is good at it or I will have to mail it off to Adco.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 5:44:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Ben at Boresight solutions
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:32:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Call Southern Defense out toward Tamiiami airport.   They did a great shop and I'm pretty picky. They also removed a pinned brake, saved the brake and it had only a tiny hole in it. It was totally reusable. I think Carlos is the name of the guy that does the work. I usually deal with Hugo and he remembers my name. Good luck!
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 7:04:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 7:48:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Call Southern Defense out toward Tamiiami airport.   They did a great shop and I'm pretty picky. They also removed a pinned brake, saved the brake and it had only a tiny hole in it. It was totally reusable. I think Carlos is the name of the guy that does the work. I usually deal with Hugo and he remembers my name. Good luck!
View Quote

Carlos is no longer at Southern Defense. Otherwise, I have a business card from Jesus Franco of Sabal Arms; he was at one of the Miami gun shows.  You may want call him at 305-600-1637 about the work.  I have no experience with Jesus other than a couple of conversations.

Please post anything you find.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 5:34:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Carlos is no longer at Southern Defense. Otherwise, I have a business card from Jesus Franco of Sabal Arms; he was at one of the Miami gun shows.  You may want call him at 305-600-1637 about the work.  I have no experience with Jesus other than a couple of conversations.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks. Pinning and welding is not something every 'smith can do correctly. Unless someone can post photos of the work quality of a local gunsmith I may just send it off to Adco.

I also want the low profile gas block pinned as well, so Adco may be my best bet. I was going to dimple the barrel and install the set screw gas block myself, but I will take this oportunity to get it pinned.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 10:01:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Call Nebulous at 305-264-4500 and speak with Jorge. He will be able to do this for you easily.  He also cuts and threads barrels along with engraving of items. He is located on Bird Road and the Palmetto.  I have seen his work and it is very good.

http://nebulousordnance.com/#sthash.KHMAfNzs.dpbs
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 1:20:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Left a message weeks ago with no reply. I sent it out to Adco.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top