Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/25/2014 6:20:31 AM EDT
I get $1.70 at Johns Metals in Palatka.  Can you beat that, and whats the name of the business? (Yes, I am shopping for a higher rate)
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:10:10 AM EDT
[#1]
$1.70/lb? I don't reload, but I started collecting all my brass... I'm not sure why. Now I need to do something with it.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:17:50 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

$1.70/lb? I don't reload, but I started collecting all my brass... I'm not sure why. Now I need to do something with it.
View Quote

DUDE: if your brass is reloadable, you can get more that 1.7 all day long.  The 1.7 is for rim fires, split cases, crushed...

Also: if you don't know why your saving it...  just keep doing it.  It will be worth ALOT more real soon...

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:25:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Buddy of mine does scrap commercially and I think he said that he gets just under $3.00/lb for mixed brass/copper. ($2.95/lb IIRC).  Clean, pure ammo brass should be worth MORE! Sounds like you took your stuff to an aggregator.  Somebody that buys small quantities cheaply, then resells large quantities to the smelters at a much higher price per pound.  That's what most of the the roadside gold/silver/copper/aluminium buyers do.

If you don't have at least a barrel size load, no body is going to pay anywhere close to what the stuff's actually worth! And MOST of the local places just buy and resell and don't actually re-use the stuff so they're going to pay you the LEAST amount possible since the difference will be added profit for them. In short, get a good size load and take it to one of the real recyclers in Tampa or Jacksonville if you want to get a fair price!

Any reloadable brass is worth FAR more to reloaders than it is for scrap!  And reloaders will buy small quantities!
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:28:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
DUDE: if your brass is reloadable, you can get more that 1.7 all day long.  The 1.7 is for rim fires, split cases, crushed...

Also: if you don't know why your saving it...  just keep doing it.  It will be worth ALOT more real soon...

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even stuff like .22 RF has value other than just as scrap.  Some people swage  fired .22 casings into jackets for jacketed bullets. And some people do reload Berdan primed cartridges so don't be too quick to dismiss everything as scrap!
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 2:25:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I would say your doing good then. I scraped some brass. Two weeks ago got $1.50 . The highest price that I have heard about anyone getting here in FL. For scrap brass cases was $1.75. Other types of brass can bring more.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top