Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2013 6:15:23 PM EDT
I've been reading this book and am finding it very, very informative.  If you carry or even own a firearm, I think you need to read this book.

*I'm not affiliated in any way, shape, form or fashion to the author.  Just think it's an excellent read.

ETA: Plus, it gives you some excellent fact ammo to use on the anti "stand your ground"ers.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:18:36 PM EDT
[#1]
+1, all of our officers have been issued one and I push the book during my CC classes that I teach.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:41:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
+1, all of our officers have been issued one and I push the book during my CC classes that I teach.
View Quote

It's practically required reading for the classes I teach. I teach a max of 4 people per class and give'em the book to read (and return!) before we go to the range and advise them to buy the book for themselves.

All this reminds me... I gotta check his website for updates.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 7:05:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Every CCW owner should own this book.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 9:51:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I own a copy, and I've given mine away twice and bought another.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 4:36:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Yup...worth the money.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:09:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Was included with the cost of the CCW class I took ,I've read it referred to it many times
since , I'm due for another lap through it as a matter of fact
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 11:21:57 AM EDT
[#7]
I was going to buy a copy of it, then Angela Corey informed me that if I read such a publication it could be used as evidence of a depraved mind looking to kill someone.  I have decided to just go with what people at gun shops tell me just to be safe.  We still have 3 steps right?

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 2:34:38 PM EDT
[#8]
I have the sixth edition.  It is an excellent guide that uses precedents set in court to advise on how one should handle situations, rather than trying to interpret word of law, et cetera.  It also cautions, that in many circumstances, while this or that may be perfectly legal and has held up in court, many LEO don't know the law (its not necessarily their job to know); the book gives sensible advice on how to prevent spending a night in jail waiting for the judge to decide in the morning if you broke the law.

The author updates the book every so often when relevant cases come to light or laws change.  I imagine now that the Zimmerman case is over edition eight is in the works.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top