Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2013 12:24:57 PM EDT
Just completed the first of two builds.  This one is the 18" version, have the 20" upper almost complete.  I went with MagPul FDE as a color choice.  Parts include:
MagPul PRS Stock, MagPul Grip, Timney 3lb Trigger, DPMS associated lower parts kit, MagPul rail covers, Leupold MK AR 3-9 with FireDot TMR, and the Leupold MK2 mount.  The free-float rail is YHM as is the FS.  Lower is LRB with a Flat-Top upper of course.  Sling is Specter Gear, 3-point.

FUNCTION:  Placed 3 rounds in a mag... 1st round fine, second FTE, 3rd was fine.  I stopped and replaced the extractor spring with BCM's extractor upgrade... meant to do it anyway.  No more FTE's.

About every 3rd round I was getting GREAT ejection but inadaquate BCG travel.  A few times the BCG failed to lock back.  Readjusted the gas block twice and after about 25 rounds things looked good.

Loaded 5 rounds in a mag ONE AT A TIME and all 5 locked the BCG back.  Loaded 2 rounds and it cycled fine locking the BCG back... I think it's all lined up now.  The more I shoot the more the carbon will seal up any slight gaps between the barrel and gas block.  

Hope to hit the range tomorrow to do more shooting and get it sighted in.  I am attending MagPul's SDM/SPR class this next week, hope to get this rifle into the mix.

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 1:08:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Lookin good
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 2:02:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice stick B. It almost what I built last year.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 4:49:20 PM EDT
[#3]
That's kinda inspiring. What barrel?

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 5:01:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Opps... for got to mention that... it's an 18" Black Hole Weaponry standard profile 3-groove polygonal 1-8 twist.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 5:40:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks good, I might have to try something like that for one of my next build......if I can find parts!
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 6:02:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Excellent looking rifle, congratulations.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 6:35:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Opps... for got to mention that... it's an 18" Black Hole Weaponry standard profile 3-groove polygonal 1-8 twist.

1-8 twist is the best in my humble opinion and nothing beats a scoped AR for all around fun!  

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 10:56:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I like it.  Are you shooting factory ammo in it now?  Or have you started working up a load for it ?
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 3:59:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Yo B, it look like you got the rifle gas system on your barrel. I got the middy 18" BHW.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 4:09:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Very nice.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:04:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I like it.  Are you shooting factory ammo in it now?  Or have you started working up a load for it ?

Just using some M193 for now... I loaded up 3K of that brass with Hornady 55gr FMJ's... went great.  I've got another 500 55gr Z-max's and 500 Nosler 55gr BT's that need loading some day.  But until then, I still have about 1K each of those loads all ready.

BTW... yes, rifle gas length.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 11:47:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just using some M193 for now... I loaded up 3K of that brass with Hornady 55gr FMJ's... went great.  I've got another 500 55gr Z-max's and 500 Nosler 55gr BT's that need loading some day.  But until then, I still have about 1K each of those loads all ready.

BTW... yes, rifle gas length.

Remind me and I'll give ya some Hornady 75 grn BTHP W/cann.   to try in it. Next time I get up that way.    I'm rumnning low on LC brass.  Might get another 400# soon , but that won't last long.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top