Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/29/2011 9:30:36 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 9:47:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Screw them. I usually buy my gas at Circle K in Pensacola, but now I think I'll drive a bit further.

Maybe I should go in person to that regional office.

My email:

Dear, Circle K I will no longer be a patron of any of your locations due the firing of this employee for defending himself. Additionally, I will encourage my family and friends to not frequent any of your locations due to your dangerous policy.

(I then included a link to the news article.)

Link Posted: 12/29/2011 9:59:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I sent them an email.

I tried to maintain my composure and remain courteous.

I failed
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 10:01:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 10:37:31 AM EDT
[#4]

I just read about your employee Eric Henderson who saved his own life by fighting back during a robbery. I understand that this is against Circle K policy, and was grounds for terminating his employment. Shame on you for your enforcing this ridiculous policy, which is contrary to Fl's castle doctrine.

You've just put the message out to all prospect robbers and other lowlife folks that Circle K chooses to please the perpetrator over the lives of its employees, and their natural rights do defend themselves.

Just like Walgreens, Circle K is now on the list of places me and my family will never  do business with again.
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 11:44:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Sent
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 11:55:31 AM EDT
[#6]
I simply stated that as a result of their actions regarding Mr. Henderson and being a taxi driver I'll purchase

my 200.00 + of gas elsewhere

Regards ,Travis Bickle
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 1:31:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I just read about your employee Eric Henderson who saved his own life by fighting back during a robbery. I understand that this is against Circle K policy, and was grounds for terminating his employment. Shame on you for your enforcing this ridiculous policy, which is contrary to Fl's castle doctrine.

You've just put the message out to all prospect robbers and other lowlife folks that Circle K chooses to please the perpetrator over the lives of its employees, and their natural rights do defend themselves.

Just like Walgreens, Circle K is now on the list of places me and my family will never  do business with again.

What did Walgreens do?

Link Posted: 12/29/2011 1:39:50 PM EDT
[#8]
I just read the news on how your company fired Eric Henderson for defending his own life during a robbery of a pensacola Circle K store.

I think it is rediculous how you favor the rights of a criminal over the life of your employees out of fear of litigation. This show that Circle K is a terrible place to work, where you are guaranteed to be a victim in a crime and you cannot defend yourself.

Even though the Florida castle doctrine allows you to defend yourself without the risk of a lawsuit for wrongful death, you choose to let the lives of your employees up to chance whether the criminal will let them live or not. I will not take ANY of my business to your store, and I will make sure ALL the other dump truck drivers in the area know about what you did to Eric Henderson.

This story will make plenty of headlines, and once all the other crackheads, theives and murderes hear about your rediculous policy its going to be a free for all in your stores. I feel sorry for all the other employees that work in circle K.

assholes.
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 1:40:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:

What did Walgreens do?

Pharmacist(sp?) shot at a thief and got fired iirc.
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 1:57:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:

What did Walgreens do?

Ooops
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 2:49:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 3:11:11 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What did Walgreens do?

Pharmacist(sp?) shot at a thief ARMED ROBBER and got fired iirc.

fixed - Link

Thanks, I didn't know about this.

Link Posted: 12/29/2011 6:34:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Man, that really angers me.  Here's the e-mail I sent:

To Whom It May Concern:

I recently read about a former Circle K employee, Eric Henderson, who was fired for defending himself and saving his own life during an armed robbery attempt at a Pensacola store.  Here is the news story:

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/pensacola/sales-clerk-fights-back-gets-fired

Firing Mr. Henderson is absurd!  I can understand one wouldn’t want employees endangering their lives to save cash or merchandise, but when it comes to the employee’s right to self-defense, this is a separate matter all-together.  What was done to Mr. Henderson by Circle K was wrong, and I can no longer support a business that treats their employees like this.  

Another issue I have is one of personal safety.  If crooks know that the clerk will get fired for even defending his own life, as a customer, why would I want to be at or have my family around a place of business that is known for being such an easy, lay down target?  

Until I receive a call or e-mail stating that Mr. Henderson has his job back, I will no longer shop at Circle K.   Filling up my ¾ ton GMC (though not cheap) and the few sodas and snacks I buy might not make any difference to you, but I promise to tell everyone I know and encourage them to do the same.  Thank you for your time.
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 6:57:52 PM EDT
[#14]
wrote them and facebooked it.
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 7:08:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 7:12:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Done........i will never step foot in a circle k
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 8:57:39 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm thinking about contacting my State Senator, Greg Evers.

Should I do it and how should I write my email if I do?
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 1:35:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Email sent. Whata buncha douche bags!!
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 3:45:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Man, that really angers me.  Here's the e-mail I sent:

To Whom It May Concern:

I recently read about a former Circle K employee, Eric Henderson, who was fired for defending himself and saving his own life during an armed robbery attempt at a Pensacola store.  Here is the news story:

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/pensacola/sales-clerk-fights-back-gets-fired

Firing Mr. Henderson is absurd!  I can understand one wouldn’t want employees endangering their lives to save cash or merchandise, but when it comes to the employee’s right to self-defense, this is a separate matter all-together.  What was done to Mr. Henderson by Circle K was wrong, and I can no longer support a business that treats their employees like this.  

Another issue I have is one of personal safety.  If crooks know that the clerk will get fired for even defending his own life, as a customer, why would I want to be at or have my family around a place of business that is known for being such an easy, lay down target?  

Until I receive a call or e-mail stating that Mr. Henderson has his job back, I will no longer shop at Circle K.   Filling up my ¾ ton GMC (though not cheap) and the few sodas and snacks I buy might not make any difference to you, but I promise to tell everyone I know and encourage them to do the same.  Thank you for your time.

Also sending to the main Circle K website...and I'm using this as a template  .
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 6:03:29 AM EDT
[#20]
All the circle K's I know are in the hoods areas. Places I will not be & if I was I know better then to stop in one. All I hear is robberies & shootings or gang activities at these places.
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 7:17:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
All the circle K's I know are in the hoods areas. Places I will not be & if I was I know better then to stop in one. All I hear is robberies & shootings or gang activities at these places.

Same in Broward County. I had no plans to stop at one, anyway, If they really want to do business in the worst parts of the area, they should reevaluate their policy regarding getting their minimum wage employees killed by encouraging thugs to do stick-ups at their stores.

If I was the regional director, annual bonuses would be based on qualification scores. I expect I will not be considered for such a position.
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 9:29:21 AM EDT
[#22]
E-mail sent
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 10:12:15 AM EDT
[#23]
This is a pretty standard policy. Pizza Hut, CVS, Walgreens just about everywhere. They do it for liability purposes.
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 11:30:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 11:50:13 AM EDT
[#25]
I tell my workers give them the money . But when there yelling shoot , shoot it is time to defend your self any way you can.
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 11:18:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
E-mail sent

Link Posted: 12/31/2011 1:27:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
This is a pretty standard policy. Pizza Hut, CVS, Walgreens just about everywhere. They do it for liability purposes.

Im a driver at Dominos in Ponte Vedra.... Same policy.

Its on my delivery checklist, right next to the GPS and a pen for customers to sign credit card slips
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 2:44:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 3:24:06 PM EDT
[#29]
I sent an e-mail, this stuff disgusts me.

Goodbye Circle K (not that I was a devoted customer to start with).
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 6:12:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Email sent to those douche bags !!!
Link Posted: 1/1/2012 7:18:13 AM EDT
[#31]
Email Sent.

To whom it may concern,

I am writing regarding Circle K's decision to fire Mr. Eric Henderson for defending his life from an imminent deadly assault.  That you would fire a man for protecting himself in the face of an armed robber exhorting her accomplices to shoot him is beyond ridiculous.

Shame on everyone in the chain of management that upheld this idiotic decision.

Please be assured that unless and until I hear that you have apologized to Mr. Henderson and offered him his job back, I will no longer be purchasing anything from your stores.

Not that I expect anything but a canned email reply telling me how wise and wonderful their policy is.  If that.

Matt
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 6:12:26 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
My email -

I just read about the Circle K robbery in Pensacola where Eric Henderson was fired for defending and saving his life. I find this action to be utterly appalling. Neither I, my wife, my son, daughter or their spouses WILL ever purchase from a circle K again.

SGB
Tallahassee Fl

Used the above as my template:

Dear Sir/Ma'am,

I just finished reading the news article about the Circle K robbery in Pensacola where Eric Henderson was fired for defending himself, saving his life and, more than likely, saving the lives of those around him. I find this action to be above appalling. Neither I, my friends, my family, co-workers, or their friends and families will ever purchase from a circle K until there is a public apology to Mr. Henderson AND his family, followed by his reinstatement and acknowledgement of change to corporate policy.

Sincerely,

Legion
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:17:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Did anyone get a response?
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:31:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 9:12:56 AM EDT
[#35]
no response
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 1:03:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
no response

none here either.

Someone should start a Change.org petition and see if that gets any traction...that's where the Bank of America ATM fee flap got notoriety.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 5:18:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im a driver at Dominos in Ponte Vedra.... Same policy.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b397/imguessingurgay/f6993dab.jpg

Its on my delivery checklist, right next to the GPS and a pen for customers to sign credit card slips

I have a strong gut feeling that you'll be a-okay given the area you deliver in
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:18:05 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Email Sent.

To whom it may concern,

I am writing regarding Circle K's decision to fire Mr. Eric Henderson for defending his life from an imminent deadly assault.  That you would fire a man for protecting himself in the face of an armed robber exhorting her accomplices to shoot him is beyond ridiculous.

Shame on everyone in the chain of management that upheld this idiotic decision.

Please be assured that unless and until I hear that you have apologized to Mr. Henderson and offered him his job back, I will no longer be purchasing anything from your stores.

Not that I expect anything but a canned email reply telling me how wise and wonderful their policy is.  If that.

Matt

I never even got a reply to mine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top