Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/30/2011 10:35:22 AM EDT
I couldn't find this anywhere, so I thought I'd just post it and see.  

I'm active duty AF and just got stationed here in FL.  I moved from Oklahoma and have an OK CCW permit.  My home state is Missouri and I have a MO drivers license.  OK and FL have reciprocity and I have not found any wording in the OK law that the permit is not valid while not stationed in OK.  So, can I keep my OK CCW until it expires in 2014?  I would then plan on getting a FL CCW permit.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 11:03:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 11:22:37 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Oklahoma does not have non resident licenses, so as you are no longer a resident of Ok your Ok licenses is technically no longer valid though Fl will honor it for 90 days (the length of time Florida law allows the state to process Fl CWFL applications) from the time you take up residence in the State of Florida.

You need to obtain your Florida Concealed Weapon and Firearms License ASAP.

ETA - Welcome to Florida

That or Missouri's, but our's is more better.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 6:40:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks gents!  Looks like a FL CCW app will be number two on the list of things to do behind finding a place to live (ie getting a home address to put on the app).
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:04:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Get the FL CCW. Welcome to the sunshine state.  We have a lot of libatards but were gun friendly
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:32:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Get the FL CCW. Welcome to the sunshine state.  We have a lot of libatards but were gun friendly

Honestly, I don't think any of my guns are stuck in the "friend zone".

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top