Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2011 1:03:39 AM EDT
So appears that the politicians that are suppose to represent us have done us in again.

So I have been thinking, how much would you be willing to pay to Open Carry?
Would you be willing to pay double what the Conceal Carry is?

I know we shouldn't have to pay a damn thing; but we all know that isn't the reality we live in.

Knowing how our money grabbing, two faced, power hungry Represenatives are...
I think an additional fee for an Open Carry license might buy / persuade them.

Think of the the "new revenue" it would generate!

Please forgive me for thinking like a sell-out politician.

I need to go shower, I feel dirty and guilty.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 1:53:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Ya maybe a special OWB holster tax.

With all due respect sir...
ARE YOU HIGH?
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 3:16:55 AM EDT
[#2]
No I wouldn't be willing to pay any more than I am currently forced to pay for exercising my right to bear arms.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:39:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
No I wouldn't be willing to pay any more than I am currently forced to pay for exercising my right to bear arms.

this.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 11:19:44 AM EDT
[#4]
You should not need a permit to own or carry.

The right of the people to keep (to own) and bear (to carry) arms shall not be infringed.

Infringement - Act so as to limit or undermine (something).
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 1:49:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I feel it is a travesty that we have to pay the State to exercise what is a US Constitutionally protected right, as well as a right guaranteed in the Florida Constitution.
CCW is a cash cow for Florida.  Proof is that they tie it to every other use of a gun now days.  Carry in State Parks?  CCW holders only.  Right to bear a firearm in your car at work?   CCW only.  The list goes on from there.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 4:49:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Not willing to pay any more. Period.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 5:14:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I agree with all of you.

I guess Open Carry is a dead issue in my lifetime.

Our Liberties should be on the "Endangered List"
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 5:50:20 PM EDT
[#8]
1776 Land of the Free

(void where prohibited, many restrictions apply)
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:42:15 PM EDT
[#9]
While I have no desire to OC, I support fully those that do; however, I ain't willing to spend another nickel to do so OR support an increase in the (already illegal in my opinion) CCW permit renewal fee.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 12:44:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Open Carry should be legal. Even though I would nine out of ten times conceal carry I am for supporting the law abiding citizen in his or her personal choice in how they wish to carry a firearm for their own self defense. They have already proven to the political masters in Tallahassee that they are good people by going through background check, attending a safety course, paying the processing fees, and be willing to pay ever seven years to "renew" a permit that allows them to do something that is within their legal constitutional rights as an American Citizen.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:57:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Why would I or anyone else be willing to pay extra money to the Govt. to OC
I like my money and I am still not a beleiver of sharing my money with everyone else
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top