Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2011 2:21:10 PM EDT
I used to live in Tampa from '87-'94.  I am currently living in Denver, CO and I am tired of the winters.  

Where is a good place to live with a family, dogs and of course guns?

Looking for low crime, etc.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:34:25 PM EDT
[#1]
My dad lives in southern Clermont. Not too busy, nice views, awesome neighbors and neighborhood. Most of the surround folks are LEO's, work for LE departments, or are self employed (not street pharmacists)
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 3:04:14 PM EDT
[#2]
How close to the coast would you like to be?

Leesburg area is nice.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:06:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm happy in Seminole county, A rated schools, nice atmosphere, good range. I chose to live here even though I grew up in orange and work in brevard.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:50:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

How close to the coast would you like to be?

Leesburg area is nice.

Ive been talking to the wife about living closer to the coast.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:00:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Are you going to be working or are you retired?  Are you aware that homeowners insurance, especially near the coast is exorbitant?
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:04:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Are you going to be working or are you retired?  Are you aware that homeowners insurance, especially near the coast is exorbitant?
Im only 31, so there are many many years of work still in my future.  What's the average Home owner insurance going for?  I think im only paying about $950

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:12:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Im only 31, so there are many many days of work still in my future.  What's the average Home owner insurance going for?  I think im only paying about $950

Mine just went to $2k and they are asking to take rate increases again. Do you have a degree?

What skills and work experience do you have?

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:31:58 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Im only 31, so there are many many days of work still in my future.  What's the average Home owner insurance going for?  I think im only paying about $950

Mine just went to $2k and they are asking to take rate increases again. Do you have a degree?

What skills and work experience do you have?

No degree, but I have Worked on cars for a while and got tired of working on everyone else's cars, so I got into the Specialty tools for European cars.  I currently in Sales/Customer service.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:42:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Im only 31, so there are many many years of work still in my future.  What's the average Home owner insurance going for?  I think im only paying about $950

It's come down some from the peak, but, in '94 my insurance was $750. By '06 it was over 5k. It's now down to just under 3k, but the coverage I have is not as good and the carrier isn't as strong. I, along with about 3 million other homeowners, got dumped because I was too close to a "body of water". Kinda hard to avoid the stuff down here.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top