Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2010 6:26:47 PM EDT
Looking for some good food around Disney and such. Maybe a decent BBQ spot and then a nice steak restaurant.

Any other tips, as to which beach would be decent for family, would be appreciated.

I will have a few free days, so we are looking for decent, not big crowd kind of activities. It has been some time since I have been there.
Link Posted: 10/16/2010 4:08:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Here another topic that should give you some good info.http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=10&t=425825
Link Posted: 10/16/2010 6:20:46 AM EDT
[#2]
The best BBQ in Orlando is 4 rivers.  There will be a long wait and its a bit of a drive from Disney, but worth it.  Also its fairly cheap for what you get.
Link Posted: 10/16/2010 7:02:21 AM EDT
[#3]
If the BBQ is worth it, the drive isn't bad at 20 miles.......

The link above is broken. Any other outdoor activity tips?
Link Posted: 10/16/2010 11:19:23 AM EDT
[#4]
I highly recommend texas de brazil if you've never visited a brazilian steakhouse.
Link Posted: 10/16/2010 12:54:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Link fixed
Link Posted: 10/16/2010 3:36:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I highly recommend texas de brazil if you've never visited a brazilian steakhouse.

Definitely! +1
Link Posted: 10/16/2010 3:53:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Definitely! +1

+1
Link Posted: 10/16/2010 4:04:54 PM EDT
[#8]
If you are thinking of Texas De Brazil sign up at their website and they will send you a buy one get one free coupon.
Link Posted: 10/16/2010 4:05:26 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Its worth the drive.
Link Posted: 10/17/2010 5:36:18 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

If you are thinking of Texas De Brazil sign up at their website and they will send you a buy one get one free coupon.

Another option for TdB is to go the lunch on friday. It is 24.99 and includes most of the meats on the dinner menu, minus a few of the specialty cuts. If you do it, make sure to make reservations as it fills up with lots of business folk taking out client etc. Its every bit as awesome as the dinner. Oh yeah, best lobster bisque there as well.

Link Posted: 10/17/2010 7:06:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Its worth the drive.

I'll second Four Rivers too. They're opening a new location about a mile from where I live. I have to wait until March though.
Link Posted: 10/18/2010 3:25:05 PM EDT
[#12]
As soon as it opens lets have an ARFcom lunch there!

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Its worth the drive.

I'll second Four Rivers too. They're opening a new location about a mile from where I live. I have to wait until March though.

Link Posted: 10/18/2010 4:29:36 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Its worth the drive.

What part of town is the second location going to be in.

Link Posted: 10/19/2010 11:22:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Winter Garden, Dillard and 50 in a building which still has its "THAI FOOD" sign up.
Link Posted: 10/19/2010 1:46:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Texas De Brazil is just around the corner from Bass Pro
Link Posted: 10/19/2010 2:08:45 PM EDT
[#16]
find the Gaylord palms hotel for two reasons ,5 great restaurants and you just got to see the place
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 4:00:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks for all the good tips. The only dump we ate at was Wildside BBQ. It was either cold or so overcooked I needed to play hockey with it. I have eaten at several Texas de Brazil and, by far, the Orlando one was the best.

I spoke with a few local that recommended Pio Pio and it was very good and reasonably priced.

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 5:01:47 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Winter Garden, Dillard and 50 in a building which still has its "THAI FOOD" sign up.

thought i was the only one that knew about that place

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 5:32:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Not a steak house, but when my family flies in for a visit they like to go to Sweet Tomatoes.
There's one just outside of Disney property on SR 535.  It's an all you can eat soup, salad and bread
buffet.  The restaurant is mostly vegetarian.  

(Hint: instead of buying the side of chicken for the salad, my Dad gets the chicken soup.  It contains
large pieces of chicken breast.  For desert, use a soup bowl for a fresh chocolate brownie with
soft serve.)

http://www.souplantation.com/

As for beaches, we like the Canaveral National Seashore.  It's located at the south end of New Smyrna Beach.
You pay to enter, but the beaches are less crowded.  Be aware, sometimes the park is full.  There's only
so many vehicles permitted to enter.  I believe they have canoe rentals for the inlet, the Turtle Mound
(Indian shell mound), and during the season, hatching sea turtles.

http://www.nps.gov/cana/
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 8:59:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Ate at 4 Rivers over the weekend and WOW.  It ranks up there with my favorite childhood BBQ joints.  Very good stuff.  I heard sometimes they can be off but they were spot on.  The biscuits were...  different.  Fries and green beans were good though.  My SO said it was really good too.  We all got the pork.  I like a sweet, spicy sauce and theirs was excellent.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 4:19:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Its worth the drive.

What part of town is the second location going to be in.

The new location will be in Winter Garden. Dillard Rd.. and 50. They're renovating an old Chinese Rest. that went out several years ago and has been vacant.

ETA: I didn't see someone else had already answered the question. Reading is fundamental.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 4:56:46 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Thanks for all the good tips. The only dump we ate at was Wildside BBQ. It was either cold or so overcooked I needed to play hockey with it. I have eaten at several Texas de Brazil and, by far, the Orlando one was the best.

I spoke with a few local that recommended Pio Pio and it was very good and reasonably priced.

Thanks again.

Glad you had a good time in Orlando.  Pio Pio is pretty good, but can be hit or miss.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top