Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2010 4:36:09 PM EDT
Going camping this weekend. Is this approved or still against the law?

Thanks..guys
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:38:51 AM EDT
[#1]
carry away...........if you have a  concealed carry permit.

The rest of the 17 million Floridians are screwed, unless they pony up the cash to buy back their Constitutional rights.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:50:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I think you can open carry when camping, fishing, hiking, hunting (someone correct me if I'm wrong). There is a sticky at the top of the board with the applicable laws.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 11:54:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I think you can open carry when camping, fishing, hiking, hunting (someone correct me if I'm wrong). There is a sticky at the top of the board with the applicable laws.

I read that it is OK in National Parks, but did not see anything about state parks.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:19:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I read that it is OK in National Parks, but did not see anything about state parks.

Because it is okay in state parks is what makes it okay to carry in national parks and national wildlife refuges since February of this year under the provisions of the federal credit card laws.

CCW was allowed in national forests before the law was written because national forests were governed by the same firearms rules as state parks and state firearms law already allowed carry in state parks in Florida.

You can't carry in any posted buildings within the national parks and wildlife refuges though.

In my area; the main administration building of the national wildlife refuge, which includes restrooms and exhibit areas are clearly posted NO FIREARMS ALLOWED.

The nearby freestanding building that only houses additional restrooms is not posted.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:26:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That's one law I really wouldn't want to try the local LEO's knowledge of. A CCW negates so much hassle
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 3:29:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's one law I really wouldn't want to try the local LEO's knowledge of. A CCW negates so much hassle

The statute is there, so I would print out a copy if you still were worried, it states (summarized) any person going to or from camping/hunting may open carry.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top