Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/7/2010 3:53:32 AM EDT
Alittle over a week ago I landed wrong on my jet ski and my back is still killing me just above my ass... As a matter of fact the pain goes down my butt too. Could not sleep last night like the other nights. Gota do something? V

Slug-O
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:24:06 AM EDT
[#1]
maybe a bugling or herniated disc - I have one S1-L5
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:41:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I had a similar issue a few years back and the cause of my pain was the #5 vertbrae was compressed.  I ended up having a few months of treatment to fix it right.  They can fix it temporarily with adjustments but one wrong move later down the road can trigger it back.  Hope you get it fixed.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:50:53 AM EDT
[#3]
You probably pulled or bruised a muscle or 2.  It'll buffed out in a week or so...
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:07:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You probably pulled or bruised a muscle or 2.  It'll buffed out in a week or so...

I think it's doctor time... You've seen me lately...
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:26:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Had a similar event earlier this summer...  was pressure cleaning my pool deck...  walking backwards...  accidentally stepped off the deck into the pool at the steps...  fell backwards onto the steps...  bashed my sacrum on the 2nd step (about 1 foot under water)...  the water cushioned (slowed) the impact but I still bashed my sacrum pretty hard...  fortunately it was "just" a bruise but it hurt like an SOB for about 7 to 10 days...  then the pain slowly started to fade...  took about a 5 weeks to get completely better.  The reason it took so long is that the wife refused to kiss it and make it better!!!  

Get well soon...  
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:02:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Growing old is a bitch Hope it's nothing serious.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:14:25 AM EDT
[#7]
I feel like a mule kicked me in the ass and lower back...
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:42:07 AM EDT
[#8]
don't let the doctor even suggest fixing a herniated disk by surgery
if he even mentions it get another doctor. 60% to 80% of these operations fail. they don't tell you that
you find out by doing research on the net, and sadly by experince.
Go to the new system that stretches you out and gives the disk the relief it is supposed to have
a new treatment that works, it may take a long time 5 weeks or so but worth it long term

* my experience: 5 surgeries, one fusion of whole lower "L" group front and back, failed.
chronic pain for ever= no sleep, narcotic pain relief only works so far if you want to function as a human,
not the dread ZOMBIE

ZOMBIE being the action word to qualify the post in a gun forum.   life in hell
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:44:43 AM EDT
[#9]
I now have an 9:30 appointment with an chiropractor. Thanks Hawkeye..,
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:59:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Jet Ski huh, yeah thats what I'd tell Arfcom too.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:15:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I sware!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:34:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

DOH!

anyway hope it nothing serious..
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:36:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Oh BS...  

The WIFE hit him with the truck...

Accident she says

Life Insurance

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:40:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
maybe a bugling or herniated disc - I have one S1-L5

+1 on above. I had two herniated disc in that region and had surgury. Had no problems what so ever. If the doc suggest you have surgery get sec opinion. If you need it you need it. I suffered nerve damage in left leg for waiting too long. Trust me pain will dictate surgury or not. I had two seperate ops and it went great.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 1:49:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Don't feel bad Slugo, I fell in the bathroom on 8/7/10 and landed my entire right

ribcage on the rim of the tub. The xrays showed no breaks, but I still cannot lay on

my right side well. My rib cage has a new shape also. I must have really tore up

some connective tissue.

Take care of yourself, back injuries are nothing to neglect.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 2:42:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Lower back just above your ass?  Yea, that tailbone area has all of the nerve endings and terminations from the long complex nerve fibers that run up your spine and make up the rest of your CNS (not including physical back bone and brain stem).  The majority of them come to a halt right there at your tailbone area, and so I would suggest seeing a doctor ASAP because there could be some damage to those ends of nerves that would result in EXCRUCIATING pain.  Trust me, I had an injury to my tailbone/lower back area and the pain was so intense I literally could not move, I fell to the floor and the pain radiated into my stomach and torso and I felt like I had been hit in the abdomen with a 2x4.  Ended up having to spend time off my feet and then gelly inserts in my shoes right after cuz walking still made my back flare up.  

Dont fuck around with this type of shit, it will end up hurting.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:00:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Getting old sucks.
I've seen what you eat from prior threads. Nothing a good meal can't cure.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:26:19 PM EDT
[#18]
I saw a Police jet ski trying to keep up with another jet ski rider thru a no wake zone last Saturday...was that You??

Intercoastal just thru the Atlantic bridge??? I did not know the police had jet ski's with flashing lights.  I don't think he caught him.

JK...get well soon!
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:14:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

For something that serious, don't you think you should see Physical Therapist ?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:25:21 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

For something that serious, don't you think you should see Physical Therapist ?

+1

Like someone that has an MRI and XRay machine.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:41:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Yeah... after my best friend landed in the hospital for 8 weeks with 2 shattered verteba... no more jet skis. Past the bone cracker! Have an MRI done 1st for diag!! THEN if there's no bone damage... then you can seek a bone cracker. I swear by 'em... but I would want a peak inside before I let ANYONE yank and crank on my spine... JMHO!

And I have 2 words for you Vico Din!! Hope ya feel better!

David

PS!! ALSO... keep in mind... you just had MAJOR surgery!!! Make sure nothing has been comprimised.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:36:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Just got back.........hips all out of wack.............Bubba the nuckle dragger got ahold of me and tweeked me and im feeling alitle better. Gota put ice on it 20 on 20 off today. go back friday...
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:12:38 AM EDT
[#23]
I wish for you, to have a fast and complete recovery Back pain is not to be toyed with
a doctor is the correct path for diagnosis. Like I say always get two opinions
if it becomes an invasive choose. OH don't go to a doctor that your 1st doctor recommends
he will just confirm the first friends opinion, go to an independent of the first doctors influence.
Just remember that the Hippocratic oath is taken BUT the doctors are a business just like the guy that
will sell you a brake job when you need air in the tires. Sad but true
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:17:39 AM EDT
[#24]
At least you did it doing something cool like riding a jet ski.  I got about the same type of issue in my lower back that came about while driving three hours to keys with my wife unit.  Got out of the car and that was it, tweek.  This was about two months ago and still no relief.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:26:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Hope it gets better quickly!!!!

3 herniations in my back, three in my neck from a car wreck 8 years ago......no fun
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:59:09 AM EDT
[#26]
i need more ice..........
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:33:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Drink faster, the ice won't melt..............
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:44:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Drink faster, the ice won't melt..............

Ooooooh your good!!!

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:49:45 AM EDT
[#29]
TWEEKED MY BACK YESTERDAY.................. Went back this morning..........going to be a loooooooooooooong weekend.......
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:02:16 AM EDT
[#30]
snapped my right elbow over center about 2 weeks ago, partially tore a tendon....................................good thing for modern pharmaceuticals.................
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:12:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Wow, looks like we are all getting older too soon.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:22:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Been thinking that all day. !
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:59:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Hell, I'm already old.  Just falling apart though
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:02:29 PM EDT
[#34]
All you old guys stop complaining...  You freaking "me" future out...

All you need is Super Glue...  

It works wonders beyond model airplanes...  
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 12:54:36 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:37:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Dang Slug-O, sounds awfully painful. Hope you bounce back from this quickly!
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:09:29 AM EDT
[#37]
Chiropractic is snake oil, go see a real doctor.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:55:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Not always, you just gotta find the right one(aka the one who knows what he's doing) . Back when I was a young construction worker I sneezed in a dusty stairwell with a hundred pounds of ceiling tiles on my shoulder. Very bad for your back..... Had a pinched nerve for years and used to eat tylynol by the handful when it woke me up from a dead sleep. Finally got insurance that covered chiropractic, went to a good one, and he fixed it in 5 visits. Totally pain free after years of agony. 10 years later I felt a little twinge and went to a different doc and he was useless. ( I had moved) Ended up drivng back to the old guy, fixed in one visit, pain free for 10 more years.

So I think chiropractic is useful under the right circumstances.......

Hope you feel better Sluggo!
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:57:35 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not always, you just gotta find the right one(aka the one who knows what he's doing) . Back when I was a young construction worker I sneezed in a dusty stairwell with a hundred pounds of ceiling tiles on my shoulder. Very bad for your back..... Had a pinched nerve for years and used to eat tylynol by the handful when it woke me up from a dead sleep. Finally got insurance that covered chiropractic, went to a good one, and he fixed it in 5 visits. Totally pain free after years of agony. 10 years later I felt a little twinge and went to a different doc and he was useless. ( I had moved) Ended up drivng back to the old guy, fixed in one visit, pain free for 10 more years.

So I think chiropractic is useful under the right circumstances.......

Hope you feel better Sluggo!

I've had pinched nerves in my upper back that were so painful it would pop me out of bed at 4am.
the BEST remedy you could ask for, and it's absolutely free, a tennis ball...
put your back against a flat wall, drop the tennis ball behind your neck and find the spot where the nerve is pinched.
by pressing your back against the wall/tennis ball, the sharp ball will press the nerve back in place. after 5 mins
of this I was able to move my neck again with no pain, move my arms again etc... try it out, it gives me miraculous
results.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:30:32 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Shit.. wait till ya hit 40, then 50, then........  http://i56.tinypic.com/35narnr.gif

Yes, I think I probably have 10 years on Slugo and in last ten

and I have been going down hill. I turn 45 next week. I worked 16 years

in a place that was just hell on my body. I felt immortal then and

am paying for it today. But my mind is still 18

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:18:18 AM EDT
[#41]
I'm only 38 but the Marines was hell on the body.. I had a tennis ball but lost it..,
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 10:29:34 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

So true my orthopedic and neurosurgeon both told me that one
half the back and neck patients come from chiropractors and not from referrals.
I think they might be exagerating but I think it could be quite a few.
If it is a back or neck, I would not try one. it is scary how much damage
a bone popper could do, I think it is like going next door to the hot neighbor chick
expecting her to rub out the problem then causing you another bigger problem,
ask the wife...OH NO!

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:33:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Shit.. wait till ya hit 40, then 50, then........  http://i56.tinypic.com/35narnr.gif

40 was a walk in the park,,,  50 well you'll find out soon enough.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:31:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Find a good massage place and get a deep tissue massage. Get a 1 hour massage and tell them to concentrate in your lower back. My L5S1 is fussed and the massages help a LOT!!!! My pain was going from my lower back all the way down to my toes. My left foot got numb a lot. The massages help more than you can imagine. The bad part is finding a real good massage therapist, since most massage places all the give you is a "relaxing" massage.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:23:48 PM EDT
[#45]
A bag of frozen broccoli works wonders on the back also...
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:50:19 AM EDT
[#46]
Any improvement?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:46:17 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Any improvement?

yes but im being very carful these last 2 days.....I also caught the crud .............
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:55:46 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any improvement?

yes but im being very carful these last 2 days.....I also caught the crud .............

Dude, that sucks.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:57:30 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any improvement?

It'll buffed out in a couple days

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:19:59 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I'm only 38 but the Marines was hell on the body.. I had a tennis ball but lost it..,
only 36 here.... 2531 USMC humpin a fvcking radio everywhere was hell on the body. Was fast roping onto a GOPLAT and the helo lifted on me... the end of the rope all of the sudden was 10 feet off the deck! needless to say 50lb ruck plus 10 foot drop equals OUCH! hangin in bro, hope you feel better soon1

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top