Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2010 7:18:08 PM EDT
I've got a table set up. Stop by and say hello.

I'll be the only one with an AAC poster behind me.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 10:47:58 PM EDT
[#1]
when & where is the show?  i'm new to the area, i just started at FIT.  i'm needing a good pro-gun exposure after being around students all month.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 4:08:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Melbourne Auditorium. This weekend.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 10:25:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm proud to say that after all these years, I've finally broken the habit of going to that ridiculous farce of a gun show.

Yep! I woke up this AM with not the slightest desire to go shuffle down those too skinny aisles looking at the same people sitting behind the same tables with the same overpriced junk.

On some of those tables, its almost like you could pick up a gun and see a clean spot where its been laying for years as if they just push the loaded tables out and push them back in every other month.

I just took the $5.00 and the $3.75 for 1.5 gallons of gas and transferred it to my credit card bill for the month.

I'm FREE! Free I tell ya and it feels GOOD!
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 10:29:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Melbourne Auditorium is on Hibiscus Blvd., about a half-mile west of US1 or a mile east of Babcock St.  If you're coming off I-95, just turn east on US192, go about 4 miles east to Babcock Street, turn left about a mile to Hibiscus, then right to the Auditorium.

Went by there about an hour ago and the place was friggin' PACKED.  Too many people for me.  I'll try again tomorrow.  BTW, stop by and see GoingQuiet.  Not very many NFA guys in this area.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:48:17 AM EDT
[#5]
I'll be heading out shortly to get out of house for a bit.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:02:29 AM EDT
[#6]
I opted to stay home and bang my head against the wall than to go the Melbourne show. At least it will hurt less and be more fun.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:06:05 AM EDT
[#7]
damn the place was packed! never did spot that aac poster, but then 40 mins of pushing through that heard i still couldn't see much of anything.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:15:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
damn the place was packed! never did spot that aac poster, but then 40 mins of pushing through that heard i still couldn't see much of anything.

Me neither.

Somehow this show managed to be even more useless then normal. I didn't see one thing that made me look 2x. Other then that ACR enhanced model, but just because I have only seen the basics.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:48:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Went yesterday. Took a buddy from work who has just gotten his CCW & wanted to fondle guns to see what he might be interested in buying. I promised his wife that I'd break his hands if he tired to buy anything at "special gunshow prices".......
One dealer had a Kahr CW9 @ $459...."best deal in the show"
Jeeez they now sound lilke a bunch of used car salesmen from NY or NJ......!!!! Complete with the accent.

Did see David @ Going Quiet....didn't notice the poster (aren't those initals or any mention of that company still a no no on ARFCOM????) He had a neat looking little .22 supressor. He was in the SW section, where the Maxpedition people usually are.

Didn't notice a single stripped AR15 lower. A couple of overpriced loaded ones, but no stripped. Saw one stripped AR10 lower. Some overpriced LPK......$85-$95.

They have managed to run off the regular beef jerky guy so now all you get is some "stuff" I think called "Buffalo Bills"....yeah, right. The fudge guy is gone. Hell, if you can't get decent jerky or fudge, why go????!!
I remember a buddy buying jerky from the "regular" guy to send to his kid in A'Stan......he just kept loading the bag, saying we had to take care of our boys. When the kid got home we went to the WPB show & he gave the guy a picture of him & his unit enjoying the huge box of jerky. He damn near cried.

And, wayyyyyyy to many "large" people.....don't they realize that they take up the complete isle while they are just standing there gaping at the latest offering from HighPoint?????
Loved the huge guy with the backpack...it must have been about 10" thick....walking, well pushing, down the isles looking left & right, all the while nearly knocking people over with the damn thing strapped to his back.

Only thing that would have made it more complete: the old rich guys with the fake tans, talking to each other on thier FRS radios about who has the best deal on that Keltec they were looking for.......

The usual "great" MLB show.......
Why do I keep going back?????
At least all it cost me was some gas & my buddy did get a few ideas of handguns he wants to try out.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:59:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

They have managed to run off the regular beef jerky guy so now all you get is some "stuff"

That's Mort! He's my buddy!

The next time I see him, I'll ask WTF?

That should be a good story cause it takes a lot to piss that easy going Yankee off.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:53:54 PM EDT
[#11]
new to the area. first time at that show. its like banging strange after being married for a decade; no matter how bad it is, its still different in a good way.

it was way crowded and i have no idea how the fire marshall allows the aisles to be so close together. Between the wheelchairs (scooters) and baby strollers it was absolute horse shit! leave the fawking kid and stroller at the house. Leave the wife / baby momma as well. she doesnt want to be there anyways.

picked up 6 FAL mags in decent shape for $10 each.

I thought my prior OA had a lock on gunshow bullshit but I see FL has its fair share. I got a "lesson" on molecular level damage caused by corrosive ammo and how any rifle without a chrome lined barrel was going to be "yesterdays lunch" if even a single round of corrosive ammo was fired thru it. This from the tard wanting $750 for a SAR-2 because it had "$200 worth of Russian wood on it"

did pick up a Rubio yard sign for the house to piss off the HOA.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:32:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I opted to stay home and bang my head against the wall than to go the Melbourne show. At least it will hurt less and be more fun.

It seemed VERY crowded. I had a few friends that stopped by for 10 minutes and left because it was to difficult to get around.

Quoted:
*snip*
Did see David @ Going Quiet....didn't notice the poster (aren't those initals or any mention of that company still a no no on ARFCOM????) He had a neat looking little .22 supressor. He was in the SW section, where the Maxpedition people usually are.
*snip*
At least all it cost me was some gas & my buddy did get a few ideas of handguns he wants to try out.

Nice meeting you, even though I saw so many people wander past I have no idea who you are!

I had no idea those initials were a four letter word around here. Thats news to me. I'll keep a lid on it then.

Mary is a Maxpedition retailer and she is on vacation. She will be around at the next show.

But really, I was totally surprised to see as many - larger folks, rascal scooters and baby carriages around. It is tough enough to get around the show as it is. The aisles are narrow because the show has been sold out consistently for months. If there wasn't such a demand for tables, it would be a lot easier to maneuver.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:33:56 PM EDT
[#13]
I was gonna go to hook-up with goingquiet for some info, but I drove by both Sat and Sun, saw the crowd and just kept going.  I haven't gone to that "show" in two years, even thoigh I live 15 minutes away.  I used to go and try, really TRY to spend money, but I'd just get pissed at all the assholes and overpriced, rusty junk.  With the kind of crowds they attract, you'd think that more of the dealers from the Orlando, WPB, Ft. Pierce and Jax shows would be there, but even they don't bother.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:11:13 AM EDT
[#14]
RE: AAC mention ––-

Some time ago LaRue & AAC had a big feud going as I recall & they (AAC) managed to get banned & any mention got you a warning.
Seems all must be well now as a quick search shows many posts about them now.

Didn't pay much attention @ the time as I personally don't choose to handle disputes in a public forum.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top