Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2010 6:33:37 AM EDT
October 13 at 1300 hours in Tampa.

I feel old, cause I've been waiting for that for three years (since I got my first handgun and realized how much of a PITA it is to car carry) and it's only a month away now... lol.

Link Posted: 9/2/2010 9:49:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Congrats, but why so far into the future?  I set my wifes up and she was training and shooting a week later, paperwork sent by the end of the day (prior to the electronic submittal process).

Just remember, the best gun is the one you have on you.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 12:23:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Just got done with mine last week, electronic submission.

Excited about it coming in soon.  Set my appointment mid July and got in August 24th. Long list of people I guess
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 12:23:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Doublepost
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 1:42:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Tampa is arming up
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 2:00:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Congratulations on being one step closer to becoming a wolf amongst sheep. Those first days of carrying will be an adjustment for ya
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 2:12:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Good for you.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 2:43:56 PM EDT
[#7]
The more good guys with guns, the better.

Welcome aboard.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 2:47:31 PM EDT
[#8]
My wife finally setup an appointment today with the closest place, but the soonest she could book was the 27th.  She's had her training certificate from our Sheriff Office for years - but now she's finally going through with the picture/prints to get her permit.

Link Posted: 9/2/2010 7:23:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Congrats, but why so far into the future?  I set my wifes up and she was training and shooting a week later, paperwork sent by the end of the day (prior to the electronic submittal process).

Just remember, the best gun is the one you have on you.  

I don't turn 21 until October 12th, I wanted to make sure I got that shit ASAP.

The gun is just another tool in the box... It has sucked having to make do with it in my car instead of on my person, there have been a few late-night stops at gas stations and the like where I was really wishing it was IWB instead of in a case on the passenger floor... I'll be using my hunter's safety class for the training portion because I completed the firearms portion of my sheriff's academy class but then got some experience on the receiving end before I could complete the class, which means no certificate from that.

I've already got my gun, holster, belt, ammo, mag pouch... I just want to get a couple G17 mags for reloads instead of the G19 mags I'll carry IN the gun. I've been wearing the gun/holster around the house for a few hours every couple days since I got it (about a month ago) to break the holster in and get used to the idea of carrying it. Slight printing doesn't bother me as I'm convinced nobody except those looking for it would notice anyways after spending the last few years closely scrutinizing the oblivious people in this world.

As for the sheepdog... the attitude and mindset has been there for a long time, but now the final material tools are coming into the box. It makes me cringe to hear people say there is no violent crime in my area (Citrus county) because there certainly IS... last time I went on a ride along with the S/O we had an armed home invasion in progress with four people in on it come across the radio. Lots of battery calls, psychos, etc. too.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 4:59:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Just a quick update...

Went to my appointment last Tuesday August 24th, and got my permit in the mail on Wednesday September 1st. So just over a week after the application was electronically sent in.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:17:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Just a quick update...

Went to my appointment last Tuesday August 24th, and got my permit in the mail on Wednesday September 1st. So just over a week after the application was electronically sent in.

Awesome! Good luck and be safe.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:24:20 AM EDT
[#12]
FYI - For those that mail it in, it is only taking 2 to 3 weeks to get the permit back.  Unless I lived near a regional office I would not waste my time or gas to save maybe 3 or 4 days of processing time.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:52:53 AM EDT
[#13]
I mailed everything in, and I had my license within three weeks from dropping it in the mailbox. I did file my fingerprints electronically though.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:01:25 AM EDT
[#14]
I was under the assumption that it still took 6+ weeks if you mailed it in. Thats why I just did the "express" processing.

Will pass on the news to my fellow colleagues.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:25:21 AM EDT
[#15]
took exactly 30 days to get mine after mailing it in
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:26:39 PM EDT
[#16]
when you guys talk about appointment do you mean pic and prints or is there more to it?

ya never go full retard
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:18:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
when you guys talk about appointment do you mean pic and prints or is there more to it?

I'm talking about the express processing center.  In my case, in downtown Orlando.

They do everything there. You go in, fill out your application on a computer, then they electronically take your fingerprints, then they take a picture of the license. Process took 15 minutes.

Because everything is submitted electronically, it gets processed "faster".

I still thought it was worth it because I didn't have to run around town getting my fingerprint card done, and getting my application notarized. Plus the off chance that my paperwork got lost in delivery or something.

As I've read in this thread, it seems that BOTH methods yields the same times for you to have your CWP in your hands.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:24:15 PM EDT
[#18]
It would be easier for me to go down there and do it all in one stop, plus it seems to get it back faster from what I've heard.

And it's the day after my 21st birthday, so I'm sure I could find some reason to go down there that day anyways.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:55:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Can you do it online or do you have to call or what? I am sure I could search for this info but I am feeling lazy today...
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:39:41 AM EDT
[#20]
You have to either mail it in, or go to the regional office and do it on their computers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top