Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2010 12:08:55 PM EDT
This is just a reminder of the upcoming courses in Septembert held in Central Florida - Orlando. Course outline and equipment checklist can be found on our website or click the links below.

Defensive Shotgun Readiness - September 11 - Orlando, FL

Defensive Shotgun Course

Advanced Concealed Carry Readiness -  L2 - September 12 - Orlando, FL

Advanced Concealed Carry - Level 2

Please visit the website for more information and to register.

www.bushidotactical.com
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 6:34:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Just a reminder - Bump
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 11:39:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Just a reminder - Bump

I can't wait! This is going to be fun.
Link Posted: 8/10/2010 4:41:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Wade, I might be in for the SG course. I will let you know soon. I need to get cleared through work for that weekend.

Joe
Link Posted: 8/11/2010 3:25:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Wade, I might be in for the SG course. I will let you know soon. I need to get cleared through work for that weekend.

Joe

I attended it last year ,  Good class....
Link Posted: 8/12/2010 5:12:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Joe

Joe,

I hope that you can make it, been way to long since we've trained together.

Link Posted: 8/16/2010 11:15:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Another reminder - put it on your schedule
Link Posted: 8/23/2010 5:58:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Class is coming up soon, still lots of time to register
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 7:24:20 AM EDT
[#8]
2.5 weeks away.
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 1:46:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Working to get the time off and the shotgun put together for then...Vang Comp has to ship some stuff to me ASAP...
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 1:52:49 PM EDT
[#10]
If you need to borrow a shotgun for the class, let me know, I will be more than happy to lend you one if your parts don't make it in on time.
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 2:13:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If you need to borrow a shotgun for the class, let me know, I will be more than happy to lend you one if your parts don't make it in on time.

Appreciate that Wade...I'll keep you posted...

Link Posted: 8/31/2010 11:23:57 AM EDT
[#12]
1.5 weeks away.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 4:47:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
1.5 weeks away.

Awesome!  Any tips or is there anything you'd like us to do in preparation?
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 1:04:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
1.5 weeks away.

Awesome!  Any tips or is there anything you'd like us to do in preparation?

Not really, you will get enough practice during the class.

1 week away.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:56:57 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm signed up for Sunday's Level 2 handgun course this weekend and looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:08:37 AM EDT
[#16]
I took Wade's shotgun course awhile back.  Very good course, and I came away with a much better understanding of my shotgun's capabilities, as well has how to manipulate it with speed and dexterity.  

IMO a shotgun course is a must-have for anyone who has one for self-defense purposes, as a shotgun is not the "don't have to aim" or "I'll just rack the slide and that will scare them into religion" platform that a lot of people seem to think it is.     Bushido Tactical's course will definitely put you through your paces and educate you on effective use of a scattergun.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 11:21:46 AM EDT
[#17]
I ended up taking both classes and I had a great time!  Here are some overviews of my past weekend:

Saturday –– Defensive Shotgun Readiness

Full disclosure: before Saturday, I've shot way fewer than 100 shot shells in my life time.

Class started with the standard administrative and safety stuff.  Wade outlined how the day was going to proceed, and we launched directly into basic manipulations with dummy rounds.  After we learned who to operate the shotgun, we patterned our shots on paper out to about 40 yards.  Once our shotguns were dialed-in, the class became a pretty rapid succession of instruction and drills.  As always, what we did on the right, we did on the left.

It was a small class but many of the brands and actions were represented from autoloader and pump and Mossberg, Bennelli, and Remington and I got to see how each of them worked.  I am still surprised by how many different ways you can operate a shotgun and what a versatile tool it is.  We tried all of the various manipulations under a timer to find out which techniques suited each student so that, by the end of the day, we were not only familiar with the various ways to operate our shotguns but which ways worked beast for us.

Really, this was the most fun I've had in a *long* time and I can't think of anything I'd change about the instruction or material.  It was a introductory class that focused on fundamental techniques.  I'd recommend this class to anyone who has a shotgun –– particularly for people who have one for home defense.

Sunday –– Defensive Defensive Handgun L2

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top