Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/14/2010 2:14:14 AM EDT
Do they not know that the Us postal service charges a flat rate now for priority mail, if it fits in the box it ships for the same price, I recently ordered Kns anti rotating trigger pins, and a set of lyman roll pin punches (which I wish I would of had 2 builds ago when I got this sickness) and the USPS priority rate to ship it was 12 dollars, and ups was 9... im like comon mannnn

Anyway thats my rant
Link Posted: 7/14/2010 4:25:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I actually find their shipping prices to be fairly reasonable.  Their site seems to do a decent job of calculating shipping based on the size and weight of the particular items you order.  I just added the same two items that you ordered to my cart so I could get the shipping estimate.  I got $7.19 for UPS, $4.61 for 1st Class, and $7.35 for Priority  I do see what you mean about Priority, it should cost them $4.95 to ship that.
Link Posted: 7/14/2010 4:51:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm not sure what you're doing either, but I just did the same thing and added those two items to my cart and the shipping options ranged from about $4 for USPS 1st class to $7 for UPS and USPS Priority to $42 for next day air.
Link Posted: 7/14/2010 6:32:46 AM EDT
[#3]
They have a minimum order charge, could that be it?
Link Posted: 7/14/2010 6:36:12 AM EDT
[#4]
They charge a $3 fee for orders under $25, but the OP's order would have been more than that

Quoted:
They have a minimum order charge, could that be it?

Link Posted: 7/14/2010 12:04:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Midway used to have free shipping.  I understand why they changed their business model, but they promised FAIR shipping when they started to charge.  Many times I have played with the shipping by adding the number of item until the shipping jumps up and then reducing the number of items until it goes back down.  This works then you want to order 10 boxes of something fairly heavy.  So sometimes they loose the sale of several boxes of ammo because of the shipping.  And sometimes adding something that weighs almost nothing changes the shipping.  And the shipping on back-orders drives me crazy.  

With all that said,  They have wonderful customer service!

Just Sayin!
Link Posted: 7/14/2010 1:54:20 PM EDT
[#6]
The only way I buy from Midway is if that's the only place that has what I want, otherwise I buy from Brownells.
Link Posted: 7/14/2010 3:20:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The only way I buy from Midway is if that's the only place that has what I want, otherwise I buy from Brownells.

Brownells was sold out of one of the items
Link Posted: 7/14/2010 3:24:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Lots of places kill you on shipping. I hate paying 5 or 10 dollars for a few gun spring that fit in the palm of a hand yet cost $7+ to ship
Link Posted: 7/15/2010 4:52:05 PM EDT
[#9]
I need a trigger pin retaining plate for my Draco, it's a $3.99 part, that weighs next to nothing, and could easily fit in a small envelope.

Shipping (not from Midway) is $8.00.
Link Posted: 7/17/2010 4:31:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Never had a complaint about Midway. I do try to combine orders as much as possible.

And, not to be a total smart a$$, but y'all do realize that your order doesn't pick itself, pack itself, double check itself, address itself & load the truck all by itself...right????

People doing all that stuff costs money.
Link Posted: 7/17/2010 6:25:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Its not just gun parts, either.

I recently hunted down and found am 8mm masterlink for this stupid mini-bike one of my kids has. The part was $2.99 and is smaller than a postage stamp. They wanted $12.49 to ship it. I found a different vendor and ordered a whole new chain for almost the same total cost.

Shipping charges are a deal breaker for me. I check them every time before I commit to buy. My LEAST favorite vendor is Amazon.com. They do this nonsense where they won't tell you how many places the items are coming from, and even if you click the ' send it all in as few shipments as possible" checkbox, it seems you get a new shipping charge every other day. I forgot that last month, and ordered a few books. 4 different shipments, totalling close to what I paid for the books. Never again!
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 1:00:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Never had a complaint about Midway. I do try to combine orders as much as possible.

And, not to be a total smart a$$, but y'all do realize that your order doesn't pick itself, pack itself, double check itself, address itself & load the truck all by itself...right????

Then add a separate charge, but most companies income are used to pay employees, to you know, work and stuff and that includes a shipping dept.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 4:23:40 AM EDT
[#13]
While I have seen plenty of companies that charge shipping rates that I thought were unreasonable, as others have stated, there are reasonable costs to factor in.  

To ship a package via UPS ground might cost, for example, $10, for actually getting the package from point A to point B.  Then factor in the box, packing material, tape, shipping labels, ink to print the shipping labels, time to pack the boxes, and the UPS upcharge for a one-time pickup (or the monthly rate for daily pickup, pro-rated into X number of shipments per month), and you might end up with a shipping rate that's $15.  

When I ship a package, I add $2-3 to the shipping fee to cover the peripheral costs to break even.  I don't try to make $$ on shipping, but I don't want to lose $$ on shipping either.    

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 5:25:07 AM EDT
[#14]
....and, Midway almost always has promo codes that usually cover whatever the shipping charges would be.  I just picked up some misc reloading gear and shipping was less than $9, after my $10 off I came out a bit ahead.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 1:00:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then add a separate charge, but most companies income are used to pay employees, to you know, work and stuff and that includes a shipping dept.

If anyone would care to read their Midway invoice, it's called "Postage, Handling & Insurance".
Of course, they could just raise their prices & have "free" shipping....but then we would complain about the prices.............
I'll gladly pay them a little extra for shipping/handling given their customer service. When I order from them I know when the order was received, when it shipped, what shipped & when it will arrive.....unlike an order I now have with someone else that I have only received an "in process" email (4 days after order placed).....& oh, yeah...one of your items is backordered but it's too late to cancel the rest..........

Who would you rather give your money to?????
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 2:30:20 PM EDT
[#16]
I have no problem with MidWay or their shipping practices.

Buy elsewhere if you don't like doing biz with 'em.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top