Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/7/2010 6:36:31 PM EDT
I'm using a trust for now but just wondering if I should go direct to the CLEO from now on.

Anyone have success in Tampa/Hillsborough?
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 11:35:02 PM EDT
[#1]
no, stay with trusts...
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 10:32:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I wouldn't bother with CLEO signoff.

There's just no advantage that I can see...1-it takes longer due to FBI involvement, 2-it's more of a hassle because of running around to get the paper signed-off, have prints done and get photos and 3-it costs more in both money and time.

If you've already got a trust and have successfully used that pathway, why would you want to change?

I'm just curious really.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 10:48:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I wouldn't bother with CLEO signoff.

There's just no advantage that I can see...1-it takes longer due to FBI involvement, 2-it's more of a hassle because of running around to get the paper signed-off, have prints done and get photos and 3-it costs more in both money and time.

If you've already got a trust and have successfully used that pathway, why would you want to change?

I'm just curious really.

I own enough weapons that I'm thinking of spreading them around between the Trusts and personal ownership, that's all.

But I don't have time for a runaround...thanks for the info

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 11:08:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I know several people that have gotten a "CLEO" sign-off in Hillsborough Co. but they didn't come from Sheriff Gee or one of his predecessors, and the gentleman that did sign them has since retired.

Just stick with your trust.

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 4:17:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I know several people that have gotten a "CLEO" sign-off in Hillsborough Co. but they didn't come from Sheriff Gee or one of his predecessors, and the gentleman that did sign them has since retired.

Just stick with your trust.  

Got it, thanks.

One can dream...

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 5:51:30 PM EDT
[#6]
If you happen to live in Plant City, Chief McDaniel is a signer. He's done two SBRs for me.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:32:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If you happen to live in Plant City, Chief McDaniel is a signer. He's done two SBRs for me.

This is what I'd hoped for in Tampa...a CLEO that was for the good people of the county/city and would do what the other posters had written about.

I guess the larger the city, the lesser the chances for CLEO signatures.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top