Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2009 3:52:34 PM EDT
Oh Teh NOES!!!!

Anyone know a good place to get it fixed around Central Florida?

yea yea, its a one legger  
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:24:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Central Florida is a big place.  If you are over by East Orange county by 417 and 50, i recommend:

Harrison Automotive Services
8611 E Colonial Dr, Orlando, FL
(407) 207-2888
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:25:45 PM EDT
[#2]
That looks terrifying

What is that? Transmission?

ETA: Or is it the part on the back that makes your wheels turn?

ETA-2: Answered below... Rear Differential

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:35:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
That looks terrifying

rear differential, the part that turns them round thangs.  
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:37:48 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That looks terrifying

rear differential, the part that turns them round thangs.  

That's the name I was trying to think of. I couldn't think of it

ETA - That thing looks like something from one of those SAW movies

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:38:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That looks terrifying

it looks like a rear end/differential and yes my rear end has gone on me I too had the whinning noise of death I feel your pain brother. When we cracked open the pumpkin to see the condition it was in it was already too late my diff had metal filings all throughout mixed in with the gear oil
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:17:23 PM EDT
[#6]
What does that Diff sit under? and where in Central Florida?
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:19:02 PM EDT
[#7]
ring& pinion that sucks
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:23:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Als family auto and air in Belleveiw Florida 352598-4882...............tell him Wynn sent ya.............best Mechanic ever....
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:47:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Why not just get a differential out of one of the bone yards and put it in your self. ?
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:49:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What does that Diff sit under? and where in Central Florida?

91 s10, east side, longwood/lake mary
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:51:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Why not just get a differential out of one of the bone yards and put it in your self. ?

Well I thought about that, but finding one with the right gears is harder than you would think!  Its a 4x4 truck so it needs to stay the same.  My bro. found one up in Atlanta, but junkyard rear end are kind of hit and miss in my experience.  I'd rather just spend the cash and get it fixed right one time and not ever worry about it again.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:32:49 AM EDT
[#12]
just order a new ring and pinion from Summit  for your rear the R&P is abour $200.  and do it yourself not at all that hard.Ed
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:51:29 AM EDT
[#13]
do it yourself, it'll last for a few years if you don't quite know what your doing.
the deferential is quite easy if un-knowledgeable, take the worn out and replace them,
fill with grease  & friction modifier and off you go. (do not get any on you or you will smell like a civit cat for a week)
but if done right you need a few precisions measuring tools and a shim pack for the
axle bearing holding the ring part of the pumpkin, to get the ring and pinion to
mesh correctly, it is measured in thousandths.  sorry I get carried away have done this
a few times and once correctly. FORD oh Yea! a learning experince  
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:46:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Well theres Your Problem the Damn Diff doesn't have a cover over it so all the fluid leaked out.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 6:01:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Well theres Your Problem the Damn Diff doesn't have a cover over it so all the fluid leaked out.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:09:12 AM EDT
[#16]
4 Wheel Parts Orlando.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top