Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2009 5:28:38 PM EDT
Im going to Universal studios tomorrow, any chance of actually carrying into the park?

ETA its for holloween horror nights
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 5:40:36 PM EDT
[#1]
So long as your not going to the Horror Nights security uses walk through metal detectors and even off duty cops are being asked to put weapons in lock boxes this is due to the whole park being able to serve alcohol.

During the day they don't like it and tell you that you cant because of the same Disney firework and that they have a school room in the back but no detectors and its concealed
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 8:01:36 PM EDT
[#2]
2 years ago when I went, everybody was walking through metal detectors and being wanded as well. My polymer knife went unnoticed, though.
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 8:12:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys looks like ill be leaving it in my truck.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 3:55:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
2 years ago when I went, everybody was walking through metal detectors and being wanded as well. My polymer knife went unnoticed, though.

Ditto.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:15:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah I had no idea there would be metal detectors. They took away my kershaw and the fish hook on my hat
. They didn't yell at me or anything for having a knife, they just made me pick it up when I left.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:22:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Several years ago they has metal detectors up for the night time festivities. I asked about it annd they took me to a back room in the customer service area and had a big safe on the wall with small individual safes in it. They had me take my firearm off and put it in one of those. I had one key and the security guy (guessing some head guy) in a suit had another key. Door would not open without both keys. He said jsut pick up up on the way out. Was painless.

Note: They had me bypass the detectors and go into that room. After going out of that room they let me straight into the park, so I could have had another firearm on me and no one would have been the wiser.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:05:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Note: They had me bypass the detectors and go into that room. After going out of that room they let me straight into the park, so I could have had another firearm on me and no one would have been the wiser.

Hmmm  
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:07:40 PM EDT
[#8]
I wen there in July & they didn't appear to have metal detectors? I wasn't carrying anyway, but didn't see anyone checking for metal objects. Islands of adventure as well.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:40:22 AM EDT
[#9]
I carried my 340pd there, no one said a thing
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top