Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2009 10:12:38 AM EDT
Hello Florida HTF!

I am posting this in your HTF because you are a neighboring state, and figured it couldn't hurt. I know its a helluva long shot; the chances of it making it to FL are probably low to nil, but I'd hate to think that maybe there was something I could have done and didn't do.

This week, my apartment in Atlanta was broken into while my roommate and I were out. They got a bunch of stuff, but in particular they managed to lay their dirty paws on my AR15.

I gave the police the serial # for the rifle, but I'm afraid that, realistically speaking, the chances of getting it back are, well, it just makes me sick thinking about it. That was my one and only, and now some savage has it in their grubby paws.

I don't have any pictures I can post, and while I will try to check back here often, it will be difficult since I have no computer of my own now.

It is an Olympic Arms 20" flattop, MOD MFR, S/N JF 4302
- Standard A2 stock
- Detachable carry handle with Tapco carry handle mounted rail
- Redhead Ascent red dot scope (1x40mm)
- FIRSH quad rail (free floating)
- Kinght's Armament Co. Forward grip
- There is a cleaning kit in the buttstock

I really am not sure what all else there is for me to do except pray that I get lucky and it turns up somewhere; one can hope, right?

If anyone has any suggestions of more steps I can take to improve my chances even the slightest little bit, I would GREATLY appreciate it.

As I said, I don't know what else to do, I feel sick. Thank you all for taking the time to read. Feel free to reply or PM with ideas.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 1:05:27 PM EDT
[#1]
sorry to hear about your lost man..I'll definitely keep an eye out and ear to the ground for ya,,,did you happen to post pics anywhere here on the site at all? It may help to indentify if you did.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 6:53:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I have pics, but they are on a separate hard drive, and since I dont have a personal computer (using a public computer now), I cannot easily retrieve them at the moment. Thanks for the reply, I will update with pics as soon as I can.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top