Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2009 7:43:37 PM EDT
Single father with 3 young kids, is it worth $90 just to walk through the doors of the sea aquarium? (and that is with a coupon for 1/2 off second admission)

Link Posted: 9/14/2009 7:51:50 PM EDT
[#1]
nope.
very small, dirty, and run down. It's amazing they are still operating. several parts of the park were "closed for maintenace"
the last time I went.

I would try metro zoo. they have added a huge area and new Amazon exibit with Chefs cooking outdoor BBQ.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 10:01:20 PM EDT
[#2]
No...it's horrible.  I lived in Key Biscayne all my life and the seaquarium hasn't changed since the show Flipper was on tv.  Metro Zoo is better but it's much further south.  Parrot Jungle is the way to go and it's right by the beach.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:02:13 AM EDT
[#3]
no and i can not fathom it is still operating
so overpriced it is criminal and attraction is run down
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:31:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't go to Jungle Island (formerly Parrot Jungle) either.  Kind of small, not a whole lot to see, and quite expensive.  The park itself is very nice and well maintained, but for the cost of admission ($30 for adults and $23.50 for kids 3-10 years old - http://jungleisland.com) there is not a whole lot to do.  Metro Zoo would be better.  Admission is $16 for adults and $12 for kids 3-12 years old (plus tax).  You can save $1.07 per ticket by going to this website: http://www.miamimetrozoo.com/visit-the-zoo.asp, or you can get $1.00 off by showing your AAA membership card.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:34:53 AM EDT
[#5]
The last Time I was there in April, with my young nephew, I was surprised at how well maintained, spiffy, and cleaned up the place was.

The place is no longer shabby at all; we had a great time there.

Previously; my last visit was well over 20 years ago and the place looked long in the tooth back then but it has been very well refurbished and clean now.

I was hesitant to take my nephew there because I believed the place to be run down; but I'm glad we went.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:26:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Did parrot jungle, enjoyed it. Metro zoo is a hike but might do that again some time. West palm zoo and lion country are great for anyone looking for something to do. And the Science Museum in ft lauderdale was decent and reasonable at $50 for all 4 of us (plus it was indoors).

Hey, America-First, how about some pics of the aquarium?
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 10:14:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Seaquarium was OK. we went in June for my Daughter to swim with the Dolphins.

Natron
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 12:05:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Did parrot jungle, enjoyed it. Metro zoo is a hike but might do that again some time. West palm zoo and lion country are great for anyone looking for something to do. And the Science Museum in ft lauderdale was decent and reasonable at $50 for all 4 of us (plus it was indoors).

Some day I'm going to have to learn how to host pictures online and post them.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 4:03:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some day I'm going to have to learn how to host pictures online and post them.

Easy, www.tinypic.com

no account needed, just upload your photo and use the last link that it provides to post in ARFCOM
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:58:48 AM EDT
[#10]
My $90 would go to gas, some cold drinks and snacks, for a road trip down to Bass Pro in Islamorada.  They can kill an hour just browsing in that place if they've never been ... big fish tank, replica of Hemingway's boat, etc.  Pick up 3 yo-yos (hand-line spools for the kids and some small hooks. 1/4 pound of cut shrimp from a bait shop. Let them bridge fish or from a promising seawall.  Eat at one of the funky burger joints along the way that has some character(s).
Reserve at least 3 bucks and stop at Robbie's Marina at Mile Marker 77.5, Gulf of Mexico side...  $1 buys a small bucket of fish scraps that they can each feed to huge tarpon right from the pier out back.   They'll have plenty to talk about on the drive home        My 2c

Stay safe
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:44:57 PM EDT
[#11]
no

if you could get in for $50, then maybe
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top