Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2009 5:44:37 PM EDT
A friend of mine has started building AKs from flats. He has virgin bbls and needs head space gauges. Also was asking what would be the best way to drill for the bbl retention pin. Better to drill or machine... Also where to get hs gauges - quality/price.

Any input is appreciated.

David
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:57:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
A friend of mine has started building AKs from flats. He has virgin bbls and needs head space gauges. Also was asking what would be the best way to drill for the bbl retention pin. Better to drill or machine... Also where to get hs gauges - quality/price.

Any input is appreciated.

David

IIRC, Tyrone used a round a Wolf, and a round of Wolf with masking tape to build his.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:58:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Brownells with C&R discount.

I would have bought a set, but they were out when I wanted it.

eta. CS223 is the man to talk to about drilling/machining, as he performed some impressive post KB surgery on my Krink.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:16:25 PM EDT
[#3]
http://www.4-dproducts.com/ Where I rent guages and reamers for use in my gunsmith shop.

Head space gauges I ........don't need no stinking gauges
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 12:40:48 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Brownells with C&R discount.

I would have bought a set, but they were out when I wanted it.

eta. CS223 is the man to talk to about drilling/machining, as he performed some impressive post KB surgery on my Krink.

Getting ready to call Chuck now.

David

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top