Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2009 2:22:02 PM EDT
Didn't get any AR pics, but I took the kids to the County Park in Sebastian. My first time there. It was actually enjoyable and the range nazi's weren't too bad. The people were o.k. overall. I know it's not the best way to teach them to shoot, but I only had ammo for the AR(223) and my Glock21. Ya, they learn to shoot the first time with a full size .45. Oh well, they burned up the ammo for 3 hours and did not shoot anything but paper, so I call it a good shoot.
My son is a poor little guy, about 6ft and 175 lbs.

My daughter is about 5'7" and around 115lbs so she was my main concern....she shot more than my son or I.

All in all a good day.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 2:36:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Good on ya.    

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 3:08:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I was there today for a while, but over on the rifle range breaking in my new SPR upper.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 3:24:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Wish I had known...I was there for a little bit this afternoon as well.  I had my 22 pistol I would have loaned ya.  I spent most of the time on the rifle range with the AR though.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 3:30:02 PM EDT
[#4]
It was last Saturday.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 8:03:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice,  I like the Sebastian Range.  Range nazis are hit or miss there, but they are always helpful nonetheless.  I havent been there in awhile,  did they ever get around to putting in the 300/400 range they had planned on?
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 9:09:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I was told they had a 200 yarder, but I forgot the spoting scope and at my age I can't see a .223 hole @ 200yards anymore....
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:38:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I was told they had a 200 yarder, but I forgot the spoting scope and at my age I can't see a .223 hole @ 200yards anymore....

Yeah the 200yarder is the last 2 shooting stalls on the rifle range,  you have to shoot through a 2 foot wide metal drainage pipe that is buried in the 100yard backstop to reach the 200 yard target.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:24:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah the 200yarder is the last 2 shooting stalls on the rifle range,  you have to shoot through a 2 foot wide metal drainage pipe that is buried in the 100yard backstop to reach the 200 yard target.

You'd better know what you're doing since they'll kick you out if you miss and hit the pipe.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:47:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You'd better know what you're doing since they'll kick you out if you miss and hit the pipe.

thats pretty crafty.  they just made a hole in the back stop and said shot through there for 200 yard range!
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:55:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They had a ringer one time when my dad was shooting there, they get real pissed,  a bullet hole could be a whole bunch of dirt to clean out of that pipe.  I've only seen someone shoot a .50 at the 200yarder, they set you up with a golf cart to go check your shots.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:19:45 PM EDT
[#11]
If they don't know you're capable of hitting at 200 yds, they'll check your targets at 100 yds and see if you're good enough to hit at 200. I don't blame them. I shoot 200 when I'm checking a good reload to make sure it performs further out then 100. I very rarely see people all the way down there, maybe every three trips max.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:45:22 PM EDT
[#12]
When I saw the drawings for the 300 and 400 yard range they had planned,  it looked like they were going to build them using seperate backstops / range alltogether.  I dont know if they still have them, but they were hung up on the wall near the counter.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:32:25 PM EDT
[#13]
I'll have to check it out next time.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:03:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Didn't get any AR pics, but I took the kids to the County Park in Sebastian. My first time there. It was actually enjoyable and the range nazi's weren't too bad. The people were o.k. overall. I know it's not the best way to teach them to shoot, but I only had ammo for the AR(223) and my Glock21. Ya, they learn to shoot the first time with a full size .45. Oh well, they burned up the ammo for 3 hours and did not shoot anything but paper, so I call it a good shoot.
My son is a poor little guy, about 6ft and 175 lbs.
http://members.tccoa.com/plankster/Daniel2.jpg
My daughter is about 5'7" and around 115lbs so she was my main concern....she shot more than my son or I.
http://members.tccoa.com/plankster/Holly3.jpg
All in all a good day.

Good for you...you are raising TRUE American kids...being Gators makes it that much better!
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:43:21 AM EDT
[#15]
I think we ended up shooting in those exact same lanes earlier/later than you did.

And Hi to whoever I talked to wearing the LaRue shirt with the Denny's upper (I'm assuming you were an ARFCOM member since I saw a car in the parking lot with a BFL sticker.)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top