Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2009 5:58:06 AM EDT
Not one for chain emails but this one is worthy. I thought it might be a BS email sent just to get reaction, but why would we not show our support? My father told me stories of the way he was treated when he came home from Nam. If I ever saw or heard any person mistreating or dispariging our or solders, I would end up in jail and that person wuld be in the hospital. Lets start a new tradition.

Edit: The pictures wont post but the message is the same.

WILL YOU WEAR BLUE???

International Picture of the Year
Here are two very touching photos honored this year

First Place :

First Place
Todd Heisler The Rocky Mountain News

When 2nd Lt. James Cathey's body arrived at the Reno Airport , Marines climbed into the cargo hold of the plane and draped the flag over his casket as passengers watched the family gather on the tarmac.

During the arrival of another Marine's casket last year at Denver International Airport , Major Steve Beck described the scene as so powerful: 'See the people in the windows? They sat right there in the plane, watching those Marines. You gotta wonder what's going through their minds, knowing that they're on the plane that brought him home,' he said 'They will remember being on that plane for the rest of their lives. They're going to remember bringing that Marine home. And they should.'

Second Place

Second Place

The night before the burial of her husband's body, Katherine Cathey refused to leave the casket, asking to sleep next to his body for the last time The Marines made a bed for her, tucking in the sheets below the flag. Before she fell asleep, she opened her laptop computer and played songs that reminded her of 'Cat,' and one of the Marines asked if she wanted them to continue standing watch as she slept. 'I think it would be kind of nice if you kept doing it,' she said. 'I think that's what he would have wanted'

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Blue Fridays.

Very soon, you will see a great many people wearing blue every Friday. The reason? Americans who support our troops used to be called the 'silent majority' We are no longer silent, and are voicing our love for God, country and home in record breaking numbers. We are not organized, boisterous or overbearing...

Many Americans, like you, me and all our friends, simply want to recognize that the vast majority of America supports our troops. Our idea of showing solidarity and support for our troops with dignity and respect starts this Friday –– and continues each and every Friday until the troops all come home, sending a deafening message that every red-blooded American who supports our men and women afar, will wear something blue. By word of mouth, press, TV –– let's make the United States on every Friday a sea of blue much like a homecoming football game in the bleachers. If every one of us who loves this country will share this with acquaintances, coworkers, friends, and family, it will not be long before the USA is covered in BLUE and it will let our troops know the once 'silent' majority is on their side more than ever, certainly more than the media lets on. The first thing a soldier says when asked 'What can we do to make things better for you?' is .'We need your support and your prayers.' Let's get the word ou t and lead with class and dignity, by example, and wear something blue every Friday.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 7:55:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Some nice stories, Rest in Peace.

I don't see why I shouldn't be able to wear blue on fridays.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:04:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I wear jeans just about everyday anyway, but I would be honored to have it be for our veterens returning, alive or dead.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:15:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Not one for chain emails but this one is worthy. I thought it might be a BS email sent just to get reaction, but why would we not show our support? My father told me stories of the way he was treated when he came home from Nam. If I ever saw or heard any person mistreating or dispariging our or solders, I would end up in jail and that person wuld be in the hospital. Lets start a new tradition.

WILL YOU WEAR BLUE???

International Picture of the Year
Here are two very touching photos honored this year

First Place :

First Place

When 2nd Lt. James Cathey's body arrived at the Reno Airport , Marines climbed into the cargo hold of the plane and draped the flag over his casket as passengers watched the family gather on the tarmac.

During the arrival of another Marine's casket last year at Denver International Airport , Major Steve Beck described the scene as so powerful: 'See the people in the windows? They sat right there in the plane, watching those Marines. You gotta wonder what's going through their minds, knowing that they're on the plane that brought him home,' he said 'They will remember being on that plane for the rest of their lives. They're going to remember bringing that Marine home. And they should.'

Second Place

Second Place

The night before the burial of her husband's body, Katherine Cathey refused to leave the casket, asking to sleep next to his body for the last time The Marines made a bed for her, tucking in the sheets below the flag. Before she fell asleep, she opened her laptop computer and played songs that reminded her of 'Cat,' and one of the Marines asked if she wanted them to continue standing watch as she slept. 'I think it would be kind of nice if you kept doing it,' she said. 'I think that's what he would have wanted'

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Blue Fridays.

Very soon, you will see a great many people wearing blue every Friday. The reason? Americans who support our troops used to be called the 'silent majority' We are no longer silent, and are voicing our love for God, country and home in record breaking numbers. We are not organized, boisterous or overbearing...

Many Americans, like you, me and all our friends, simply want to recognize that the vast majority of America supports our troops. Our idea of showing solidarity and support for our troops with dignity and respect starts this Friday –– and continues each and every Friday until the troops all come home, sending a deafening message that every red-blooded American who supports our men and women afar, will wear something blue. By word of mouth, press, TV –– let's make the United States on every Friday a sea of blue much like a homecoming football game in the bleachers. If every one of us who loves this country will share this with acquaintances, coworkers, friends, and family, it will not be long before the USA is covered in BLUE and it will let our troops know the once 'silent' majority is on their side more than ever, certainly more than the media lets on. The first thing a soldier says when asked 'What can we do to make things better for you?' is .'We need your support and your prayers.' Let's get the word ou t and lead with class and dignity, by example, and wear something blue every Friday.

It is an honor to add the pictures and of course honor the intent.  Blue on Fridays.  

There is a slight issue considering it used to be Red on Friday to honor the fallen but Blue or Red as long as the honor is there.  

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:27:45 AM EDT
[#4]
It sure is nice to know people still care. And like it was stated above If I ever saw somebody mistreating some of my sailors or myself after I got back from downrange, I'd "losse it". Then I'd have to use my 1 phone call.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 1:08:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Count me in  EVERY FRIDAY until they ALL come home!
Thank you for your service to God, Country and The Corp.

Semper Fidelis
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 1:25:36 PM EDT
[#6]
 Consider it done, every Friday until they All come home.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 2:01:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I work in a office with a business casual dress code. I wear khakis, but will make
sure I wear a blue shirt on Fridays.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 3:50:37 PM EDT
[#8]

[/quote]

It is an honor to add the pictures and of course honor the intent.  Blue on Fridays.  

There is a slight issue considering it used to be Red on Friday to honor the fallen but Blue or Red as long as the honor is there.  

[/quote]

Thank you for fixing it.

I hadnt heard of wearing red before, but that makes sence as well. Im glad to see such a good responce.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top