User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2009 4:59:58 PM EDT
does anyone know if there is a gun range in merit island fl
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:26:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:19:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Gunsite range on Merritt Island and the Titusville Police Hall of Fame.

Gunsite makes you buy their ammo, I don't know about the other as I've never been.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:48:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow.  I've lived on MI for most of my life and never knew about that place.  Gotta go check it out.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:10:02 AM EDT
[#4]
There is also one a bit south of you on Aurora just off of Wickham (to the east of Wickham)  Action Outfitters.  I've never shot there so I can't say what it's like.  Parking lot is usually full on Saturdays.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:49:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
There is also one a bit south of you on Aurora just off of Wickham (to the east of Wickham)  Action Outfitters.  I've never shot there so I can't say what it's like.  Parking lot is usually full on Saturdays.

Its the ultimate ego trip!

Those guys and their hang arounds all think that they know 100% of all firearm and tactical knowledge in existence and anything that comes out of their mouths is the gospel because Hey! They said it, it HAS to be true!

It gets quite comical to watch the pecking order change minute by minute as one tries to convince the others that he knows 101% of all known firearm knowledge making him the king lizard of the moment until the next tactical omniscient spouts off even MORE bullshit!

I haven't spent a dime in there in years but when in the neighborhood I pop in sometimes just for the entertainment.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 1:46:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those guys and their hang arounds all think that they know 100% of all firearm and tactical knowledge in existence and anything that comes out of their mouths is the gospel because Hey! They said it, it HAS to be true!

It gets quite comical to watch the pecking order change minute by minute as one tries to convince the others that he knows 101% of all known firearm knowledge making him the king lizard of the moment until the next tactical omniscient spouts off even MORE bullshit!

I haven't spent a dime in there in years but when in the neighborhood I pop in sometimes just for the entertainment.

I know people that go there.

Maybe its time for me to do some re-evaluations of said people.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:21:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I've never shot there and haven't been in in quite some time.  I did buy some 9 mm Largo from him once but that is about all.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:26:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I've never shot there and haven't been in in quite some time.  I did buy some 9 mm Largo from him once but that is about all.

If you want pistol-indoor locally, there ain't much.

Some pals have been suggesting going to Indian River county for some outdoor ranges out to 200 ysrds.

Can somebody fill in some gaps?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:02:13 PM EDT
[#9]
There is a public range in Sebastian. Just google Indian River County Range. It's not a bad place.

I hate all the indoor ranges locally because they all make you buy their overpriced ammo. I reload so unless they can sell me their ammo at 1/4 the cost, I'm not buying.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 6:53:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This sums up AO perfectly.

Haven't shot there since they started making you buy their ammo.  If I'm gonna buy ammo from someone to shoot at their range, Steve at Gunsite is getting my money.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 10:20:07 AM EDT
[#11]
The Police HOF is a very nice range. I took a defensive handgun course there but haven't used it outside of that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top