Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/15/2008 11:07:13 AM EDT
Since I am going to be out of country on the 4th of November, I requested an Absentee Ballot.  So I could still vote.  I got it today in the mail and started to look over it, there were a lot of surprises on there.  First of there are 10 people running for the President.  Most are from parties that I have never heard of.  All the local stuff was what I expected.  There are 6 amendments on the ballot to vote for.  The first is to change the current law that those who can not be an US citizen can NOT own property.  Next was the Perseveration of Marriage.  It defines Marriage between one man and one woman.  There rest dealt with property taxes, one was that any wind proofing update or re-newable energy source that you add to your home would NOT increase the value of your property for Taxes.   One was that water front property gets more then one classification and will be taxed for what it is currently used for.  One was for creating a tax classification for privately owned property that is used as a Conservation area.  I forget what the last one was.  

Either way there is a lot of stuff that was on the ballot that I did not know that was going to be on there.

MAHA
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 11:23:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Is there any way you could scan that sucker and post it up, Maha? Personal info struck out of course.

I'd like to read the wording on those amendments.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 11:26:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Mine should be coming in the mail this week. First time voting this way. Didn't know it had any of that info up there.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 12:20:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Sample Ballot - November 4, 2008 Florida General Election >>> Click Me
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 12:37:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Is there any way you could scan that sucker and post it up, Maha? Personal info struck out of course.

I thought of doing that After I sealed and signed it.

You shoud be able to go to your county election site and see a sample ballot.

MAHA

Link Posted: 10/15/2008 5:02:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought of doing that After I sealed and signed it.

You shoud be able to go to your county election site and see a sample ballot.

MAHA

they should be sending one in the mail. I recieved one today.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 5:22:41 PM EDT
[#6]
cool.. I'll be looking for it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top