Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/27/2008 4:37:14 PM EDT
A Hurricane?  It's on channel 10 now.  No time like the present to get ready.  (I love all the hype)
Link Posted: 5/27/2008 4:39:35 PM EDT
[#1]
don't talk shit.
Link Posted: 5/27/2008 4:49:46 PM EDT
[#2]
From NOAA:

Link Posted: 5/27/2008 5:09:49 PM EDT
[#3]
8 PM 8:30 PM 9 PM 9:30 PM 10 PM 10:30 PM  
WPLG
ABC  10   Local 10 Special: Preparing for a Hurricane

Programing Special on preparing as we're only one week away from the start of the season.
Link Posted: 5/27/2008 6:01:47 PM EDT
[#4]
actually I was at Costco today, restocking water batteries and canned food..  Already have a ton of Propane for outside lamps and BBQ, butane for kool lil indoor stove i bought (Walgreen's has them for $20 or so)  2 cases of MR Es  ,and other essential stuff for if and when we go thru a Wilma type scenario again. My issue is that I can be stuck at work for 24 hrs if a storm hits and the girls may have to fend for themselves, so I have everything stacked or boxed in one spot in the Garage. I am picking up a battery operated fan at SA (maybe 2) and am thinking about a new mini tv that can pick up the new HD(old ones wont show a pic).  
 When Channel seven down in here in South Fl start with their reports (they are the catastrophe network after all) I don't want to be dealing with all the last minute crap except essentials like ice ( my cousin has a machine if I really need)  Milk and stuff for the baby..

this worked for me in Wilma , hopefully it wont be needed again..

Here are pics of the Indoor use Butane stove

Link Posted: 5/29/2008 12:20:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
8 PM 8:30 PM 9 PM 9:30 PM 10 PM 10:30 PM  
WPLG
ABC  10   Local 10 Special: Preparing for a Hurricane

Programing Special on preparing as we're only one week away from the start of the season.

It's Hurricane preparedness week.
Link Posted: 5/29/2008 12:24:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm preparing for it by moving to Alaska next week.
Link Posted: 5/29/2008 12:26:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Ain't gonna be no hurricanes this year.
Link Posted: 5/29/2008 6:14:26 PM EDT
[#8]
I know someone who drives a minivan with a bolt face logo on it that just happens to have the exact same generator I do. Which means I know where to get spare parts
Link Posted: 5/29/2008 6:45:20 PM EDT
[#9]
I hope we get a couple of hurricanes. I have a bunch of stuff that needs to be used and I want to post pictures of post hurricane survival in the Survival Forum.

Can't be in the SF without a Survival Story now can't I.
Link Posted: 5/29/2008 6:51:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

+1.  yall are welcome to store your guns and ammo at my place, I will take care of them for you
Link Posted: 5/29/2008 6:57:40 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1.  yall are welcome to store your guns and ammo at my place, I will take care of them for you

You're all heart Tom.  What would we do without you?...........

anyone???????<crickets....crickets....>
Link Posted: 5/29/2008 7:37:37 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I know someone who drives a minivan with a bolt face logo on it that just happens to have the exact same generator I do. Which means I know where to get spare parts

Looks like it's time for me to buy a night vision optic for my rifle.  
Link Posted: 5/30/2008 5:03:06 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Already done with mine last summer...

8900 Crusader GEN 4 from ATN...

Link Posted: 5/30/2008 5:23:52 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You traded in the truck for a minivan?

For the love of god, Lars, tell me it's a lie!!!
Link Posted: 5/30/2008 12:38:13 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

it's true....i have to look at it a few times a week on my way home from work...it's depressing....but lars could save a lot of money on gnerator safety if he got a dog that weighted more than my 1911.
Link Posted: 5/30/2008 12:41:53 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

it's true....i have to look at it a few times a week on my way home from work...it's depressing....but lars could save a lot of money on gnerator safety if he got a dog that weighted more than my 1911.

Link Posted: 5/30/2008 6:35:15 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He still has the truck.  The minivan is mine.   It's really quite nice!
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:27:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Hey, Moses is a Rat killer,
on command he will bite your toe!
or pee on your foot  
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 1:46:17 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Hey, Moses is a Rat killer,
on command he will bite your toe!
or pee on your foot  

that's ok, this is a little more effective than peeing on a foot.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 2:18:59 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I been sayin' that for 30 years. I've only been wrong a couple of times!!!

jj
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 4:55:45 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I been sayin' that for 30 years. I've only been wrong a couple of times!!!

jj

Link Posted: 6/3/2008 6:54:17 PM EDT
[#22]
All joking aside, It is that time of year to check out hurricane supplies and test equipment. I will do that this weekend. I have to. My father is now on O2 100% of the time and I need to run the generator a bit and test all of our lights and stoves and stuff as well as restock water food and batteries.  If we have an emergency here in Jax and I am not prepared there is a serious chance I could lose him.  I would not be able to live with myself If I just laughed it off and something happended....My uncle has a great saying  :  Proper preperation prevents piss poor preformance.  Its a good mantra to practice. That being said, Once I am secure with my 6 P's  I'll make fun of the Sheeple fighting in line at Wallyworld for the Ronco Hurricane proof beer cooler

bogg
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 6:59:27 PM EDT
[#23]
I just checked and I need to buy some more ammo.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:23:40 PM EDT
[#24]
+1 to ammo
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 9:03:31 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
+1 to ammo

+2

As for other supplies. I went and cleared out my local Walmart of the 2.5LBS Cans of Dinty Moore Beef Stew. Each can was a $3.45 a pop. I took thirty cans homes. Every single one they had....

Next coming week I plan of getting canned Fruits and Veggies. Also a two to four boxes of the 500/550 rd .22LR packs. I'm low on that. Only have about 800rd left and I plan on hitting the range this weekend with my Ciener Kit.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 9:22:23 PM EDT
[#26]
So, just in case anyone's interested...  I wasn't able to find any of the stove that Irag posted about at Walgreens...  However, I did indeed find them at Ace Hardware.  $25 for the burner and $2 for the fuel canisters.  Just cooked up some ham steaks on it, nice and quick...  I live in an apartment, so I'm used to my slow-ass electric stove.  And you can use it indoor, just gotta remember to crack a window.  Also, it's got a piezo start, so you don't have to waste matches.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top