Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2008 6:31:51 AM EDT
www.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080418/CAPITOLNEWS/804180359&referrer=FRONTPAGECAROUSEL

Florida Senate amendment takes on 'Truck Nutz'

By Betty Parker • FLORIDA CAPITAL BUREAU • April 18, 2008

The Florida Senate on Thursday passed an amendment to impose a $60 fine on Truck Nutz, one brand name for the novelty item on vehicle trailer hitches that resemble the dangling southern end of a northbound bull.

The proposal would make displaying bull genitalia reproductions on a vehicle subject to a $60 fine, moving violations and points against a driver license.

The penalties were proposed by Sen. Carey Baker, R-Eustis.

Sen. Jim King, R-Jacksonville, said he had a set on one of his vehicles, which he described as "all pimped out." They are no more than "an expression of truckliness," he said, although he'd acceded to his wife's request to take them off.

"I find it shocking we'd tell people with metallic testicles on their bumpers that this is a violation," said Sen. Steve Geller, D-Hallandale. "There's got to be better things for us to spend time debating."

Geller suggested this ban might be followed by prohibiting silhouettes of nude women on truck mud flaps.

"We're basically going to have the bumper police," King said.

"All their concerns are legitimate," Baker said of the critics. "And I do have more important things to do this session. But I think this is important, too."

The transportation bill was debated Thursday, and a vote is expected next week. The House version, however, doesn't include the prohibition.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 7:02:38 AM EDT
[#1]
That's NUTZ!!  

Link Posted: 4/18/2008 7:18:16 AM EDT
[#2]
It sure is good to know that we've solved all of the important issues and can now move on to these pressing social concerns.

I'm sorry to say that this is my local Senator.  His brother owns one of the local gun stores.  I think I'll be writing a letter asking WTF?
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 7:40:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I am all for BIG BROTHER staying outta our business on such things,but......
Try explaining them to your 5 year old daughter. my response was ughhhhhh
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 8:21:29 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I am all for BIG BROTHER staying outta our business on such things,but......
Try explaining them to your 5 year old daughter. my response was ughhhhhh

Just tell her they're 'clackers'...

Link Posted: 4/18/2008 8:47:48 AM EDT
[#5]
although sitting in traffic looking at the guys balls in front of you is annoying, and in very poor taste. There are alot more important things to adress. what's next? tickets for using profanity and three sea shells. be well!
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 10:07:32 AM EDT
[#6]
I like the law. You can have guns in your car, but your car can't have balls.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 6:17:46 PM EDT
[#7]
 This is very disappointing, surely there is more important things to do with their time. When did Florida join the "I'm offended" brigade of libtards?
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 6:33:03 PM EDT
[#8]
WTF are they going to do next? fine people on having stickers?
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 7:34:30 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
WTF are they going to do next? fine people on having stickers?

Didn't they pass some law 10-15 years ago about stickers having profanity or profane images?

Remember the "If you don't like my driving, dial 1-800-EAT-SHIT" stickers?  I think those were the cause for the law they pass.

That being said, I still see a LOT of stickers with cuss words... ooohhh.. I'm tellin....
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 8:51:53 AM EDT
[#10]
I think they're stupid as well, but that sure as doesnt mean they need  to be illegal. What next? Outlawing swearing, spicy food, and anything unhealthy?

"Anything not good for you is bad, hence, illegal."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top