Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/1/2007 7:56:00 AM EDT
This is NOT a sexual proposition, I promise!

Folks,

I'm going to be flying into Orlando EDIT: flying in tonight 2nd Edit: MKE snowed out, so flying in Sunday now, working 1/2 the week, heading down to Coral Springs (Miami area) Thurs-Sat morning, and then back up to Orlando where I will be until next Monday morning.

I won't be able to make the Homestead shoot, but would anyone be interested in 1) some sort of get-together/dinner and/or 2) a short range trip or two in either/or or both the SFL and Central area's?

Basically, I'll have some time to kill both in the evenings in O-town and at the end of the week in South FL.  Without shooting or talking about shooting, I'm gonna be pretty bored, since I don't do the Orlando "tourist" thing, and I have no clue what to do with myself re: local ranges etc.

Anyone wanna help a brother Arfcommer out?
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 8:30:04 AM EDT
[#1]
depending on what you like doing, Miami can be fun...sometimes. Just remember stay out of Over Town.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 8:32:22 AM EDT
[#2]
you'd get more interest if you were soliciting sexual favors.  

can't help you, as I'm tied (not quite literally) during the time you're here, but I'm sure some of the FL brethren will chime in.   enjoy your stay in FL
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 10:56:58 AM EDT
[#3]
the red lights are blinking for a reason, never stop at them.

most folks can see your 'sunshine state' rental car coming from a mile away.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 6:32:03 PM EDT
[#4]
If you're coming as a tourist...  Stay away from Miami... PERIOD...

Sorry Miami folks...  You and I know why...

If you are coming to So Fla...  Stay in Fort Lauderdale area...

Lot's to do around town...  Much safer...  I guess

We don't consider Miami apart of the United States around here... hint...  hint...
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 6:50:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Coral Springs is the next town over from me.  Too bad you can't make the S FL shoot on Saturday morning.  A good place for wings and beer is Bru's Room.  Both great sports bars.  They have two near Coral Springs, one in Margate (Sample & 441) and their brand new one in Coconut Creek (Hilsboro & 1 block east of 441).  
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 5:52:36 AM EDT
[#6]
there's something wrong with Miami?  well thanks for the belated warning!  
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 4:04:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I hate Miami as much as the next guy, but we all know that NOTHING bad ever happens in FT. Lauderdale.  
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 5:28:38 PM EDT
[#8]
If I had to choose, I'd take Miami over Ft. Lauderdale any day.  

Miami probably has more criminals and dirtbags, but we're allowed to shoot them if they threaten our life; Ft. Lauderdale has all the blue-hairs, and even though they're more dangerous behind the wheel than most criminals are with a gun, you aren't allowed to shoot the old gummers.  (no offense, Lars)
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 5:45:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Roger on Miami and the Blue-Hairs.  I'd say that 19 in Tampa St.Pete is worse, but only because I'm probably related to half of those drivers (Originally from Joisey, and EVERYONE in the family retires to the Clearwater area).

Which is why I'm sticking to O-town and SFL.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 7:30:49 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
If I had to choose, I'd take Miami over Ft. Lauderdale any day.  

Miami probably has more criminals and dirtbags, but we're allowed to shoot them if they threaten our life; Ft. Lauderdale has all the blue-hairs, and even though they're more dangerous behind the wheel than most criminals are with a gun, you aren't allowed to shoot the old gummers.  (no offense, Lars)

I agree, IMO Miami has a bad name because of a few really s*** areas.

The "no one speaks English" thing is a myth, I find most people here can speak English (at least I get by!).

But if I were you I wouldn't go out in Miami (i.e. South Beach) unless you have money to burn.

I'd love to help you out, but I have other visitors in town this week.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top