Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2007 9:13:28 AM EDT

Dear xxxxxx,

Immigration is one of the most critical problems Congress must address. We must learn from past policies and implement lasting, comprehensive changes instead of providing toothless sound bites that leave us with essentially the same broken system we have now.

In Congress, I have worked to strengthen our border security and promote legal immigration.  Our nation was unquestionably built on and strengthened by the cultural diversity of people who have legally immigrated here throughout history. My own experience instills in me a sense of admiration for the broad ethnic diversity that makes America a great country.

However, the present immigration and border control system is broken. I believe what we have now hurts everyone. The number of illegal immigrants hurts American workers who have to compete against artificially lower wages. It hurts taxpayers who have to foot the bill for the cost of undocumented people using government services and also high-priced border security efforts that have not met their predicted goals. And, it is not fair for the many immigrants who seek to enter our country legally.

These serious problems must be addressed while keeping in mind the invaluable contributions immigrants have made throughout America’s history. I would appreciate if you would fill out the survey to your right and better inform me on what you think Congress should do.

With warm regards,

Congressman Robert Wexler Signature
Congressman Robert Wexler
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 9:35:34 AM EDT
[#1]
It's not about security or fairness to the Democrats, its about VOTES.   Wexler is the same kind of weasel as Pelosi or any Clintinista...........not just that, but he is about one UGLY SOB as well.....Hell, you look at him and get a full view of his nasal cavity sorta like attending the pig parade at the Iowa State Fair!............Sort of personifies the D team.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 9:43:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Oh I know that somehow my vote of 'protect the borders and enforce existing laws' on his survey will somehow  end up meaning ' let them all in and give them money', but this is the first time hes said something that doesnt piss me off at first glance..
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 1:07:28 PM EDT
[#3]
 Somehow I just don't trust "comprehensive reform" it's political jargon for amnesty in my estimation. Here's an interesting idea, Fund and finish the wall/fence hire more Border Patrol, fire up the express deportation train, and sentence repeat offenders to a work program so when we send them back a 2nd time they might think twice before trying to re offend!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top