Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2007 8:30:08 AM EDT
hey guys i will be heading out to trail glades.This is my first time to that range,i understand there is a safety course,how long is the course and what is the cost?I also do not know the range rules regarding diff. ammo types(wofl,brown bear etc.).Any help is greatly appreciated,i have called and emailed numerous times however i have recieved no response.Again thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 8:59:23 AM EDT
[#1]
no tracers, slug through shotguns only, no pistol grip shotguns without stocks. no rapid fire, no palm sized pistols, beware of the bitching old man in the booth with the loudspeaker and the tards with loaded guns around you. check this website for everything else.
www.aaof.com/tgr.htm

have fun!
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 10:19:35 AM EDT
[#2]
the safety course is basically just one of those things that tells you ammo restrictions and rules, and a basic handling safty. It's like $5 for the class, and $7 range fee, or atleast thats what it was the last time I went there.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 11:57:39 AM EDT
[#3]
you'll be done with the safety class in 10 minutes, have fun understanding any material through the instructor's thick accent (assuming you have the same one I've sat through a few times).  Once you get your card, you're set for three years

ETA, that old guy in the booth is a trip
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 4:46:21 PM EDT
[#4]
lol it's even funnier when he fights with the other old folks and leaves the MIC on by mistake and you hear him get called an asshole on loadspeaker across the range...
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 4:55:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Place is full of idiots.  I go every other Friday at night (they are open till 8:30pm) with the guys over at FSN and with the exception of us its almost always very empty.

Be real careful with the old man. he is losing it and ever time I go I see hin call the range hot with a guy still down range.

As for ammo.  Only 2 restrictions are no tracers and slugs only for shottys.  They now allow class 3 but require a one shot every 5 seconds and alwso only allow only one "bulls eye" per target at the pistol range.

The class is a joke and a waste of time.

You should just meet up with us 2 Fridays from now ...
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 5:16:50 PM EDT
[#6]
What about the skeet and sporting clays?

How much?
Busy / long waits?
worth it?
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 5:43:43 PM EDT
[#7]
if your going to do trap, find mike. he's the skinny older range instructor. If you ever want to take 1st time buddy to learn how to shoot, he's a great teacher with alot of experience. the only reason I will go to Trailglades will be to bench shoot and sight in my scopes periodically, or do some trap at late night with the regulars.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:22:30 AM EDT
[#8]
I believe they are closed on Monday and Tuesdays. I will be there Thursday afternoon and evening.

Trail Glades Gun Range Web Site
Address:   17601 SW 8th St, Miami, FL 33194  
Phone: (305) 226-1823
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:22:39 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
hey guys i will be heading out to trail glades.This is my first time to that range,i understand there is a safety course,how long is the course and what is the cost?I also do not know the range rules regarding diff. ammo types(wofl,brown bear etc.).Any help is greatly appreciated,i have called and emailed numerous times however i have recieved no response.Again thanks in advance.

The range cost is about $8.50 now, not sure about the class cost.

The old man is a funny character.

The one bulls-eye per target rule on the pistol side came into effect after someone got hit with a ricochet because someone had shot at a stick-on bulls-eye about an inch from the metal target holder. (I've never seen even good shooting on the pistol side from anyone but the target shooters).

At least it's safer and cheaper than Aces.

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:43:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks guys alot of good info.Does anyone know if the range sells ammo or targets?Again thank you gentlmen.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:05:26 AM EDT
[#11]

At least it's safer and cheaper than Aces.

Yeah the old fart loses it everytime You talk to him and he like what...? you shout at him : I need a rifle lane, he goes : Dont scream at me I can hear you

Well the place isnt all that , I go because when I need to shoot my AR15, other than that I go to Big Al's in Hallandale, they are $8 an hour and you can rapid fire and shoot all amo even wolf.

Trail Glades sales ammo at 2 or 3 times the regular price. You are better off visiting the walmart that is near there on 88 st and buy ammo before going. And yea this place is way better than those NAZIS at Ace's.

M2C,
223SAINT
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:14:29 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Thanks guys alot of good info.Does anyone know if the range sells ammo or targets?Again thank you gentlmen.

You can but it's better to get it at Walmart (someone's mentioned the one on 88th str, I think it's on 162nd Ave).

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:42:27 AM EDT
[#13]
The old guy is cliff. He is actuly a nice guy once you get to know him.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:14:45 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

No offense intended, but that's kind of like saying the porcupine is nice to pet once you get past all of the quills.  That guy is saltier than Dead Sea water.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 5:08:27 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No offense intended, but that's kind of like saying the porcupine is nice to pet once you get past all of the quills.  That guy is saltier than Dead Sea water.  

Just show cliff you can handle a firearm in a safe  manner and he will quit breaking your balls.
Once you show them you know more about firearms than thay do thay tend to leave you alone.
I love taking my FN49, and telling them to take out the mag if thay want it out much.And that thay willl pay for the repair.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 5:15:38 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just show cliff you can handle a firearm in a safe  manner and he will quit breaking your balls.
Once you show them you know more about firearms than thay do thay tend to leave you alone.
I love taking my FN49, and telling them to take out the mag if thay want it out much.And that thay willl pay for the repair.

Sorry you are defending someone who does not deserve it.  Guy needs to be retired soon.  I have told him to his face, the next time he pulls some of the crap he has pulled with me in the past I will not stop till he as been fired.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:48:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Cliff, aside from being an asshole, is deaf dumb and blind. But is older than Jesus, and will probably die behind that microphone. one day the line will go hot, and won't get the cease fire call.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top