BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2007 2:30:34 AM EDT
HHHHMMMMM
08/16/07
CHARLOTTE POLICE BEAT

Delivery man reports having gun pointed at him

A 19-year-old delivery man for Hungry Howie's reported having a peculiar experience Tuesday night when he delivered a sub sandwich to a home on the 3100 block of Whiting Lane.

According to a Charlotte County Sheriff's Office report, the delivery man went to the home, where the door was answered by a possibly drunken man wearing several gold rings and necklaces. While the customer paid the delivery man, he made incoherent statements, the report said. Then, the customer pulled a snub-nosed revolver from his pocket and pointed it at the delivery man's face, only three or four inches away from him, the report said. After about 30 seconds, he put the gun back in his pocket, gave the delivery man a friendly slap on the arm and shut the door.

The case remains open.

Link Posted: 8/16/2007 4:43:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 7:58:31 AM EDT
[#2]
wow.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 9:09:07 AM EDT
[#3]
WOW is right.  You can't even have a crappy job like that without having your life threatened for doing it.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 10:19:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Any self-respecting pizza delivery person would have had their 1911 on them and shot the bastard.  I know I would have, but then again I don't deliver pizzas so I'll stick to worrying about car jackings by spaced out meth addicts instead
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 12:48:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
bet he won't ever ask for a tip again

J

But he did get a friendly slap.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 1:17:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I think jail would be appropriate for this asshat.

790.10  Improper exhibition of dangerous weapons or firearms.--If any person having or carrying any dirk, sword, sword cane, firearm, electric weapon or device, or other weapon shall, in the presence of one or more persons, exhibit the same in a rude, careless, angry, or threatening manner, not in necessary self-defense, the person so offending shall be guilty of a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.    
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top