Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2007 5:38:55 PM EDT
Hi Gang,

For those that are not familiar with the term, the NRA has a position called Election Volunteer Coordinator (EVC). The purpose of this gig is to work with grassroots volunteers and political campaigns to get help where it's needed.

The EVC represents a US Congressional district.  I happen to currently represent FL-06 which is Cliff Stearns' district in the Alachua county area.

Here's what I'm asking of the Florida HTF...

Find your EVC  HERE

Volunteer to help in any way you can.  Phone banks, hand out flyers/bumper stickers, whatever you can do to help.

If there is no EVC in your area, look at the job description and see if it's something that you can give time to.  We need good, active people to start gearing up for the 2008 elections.

If you have any questions, drop me an IM and I'll do my best to answer them.

Thanks,

Mike
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 4:29:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 4:35:51 PM EDT
[#2]
One way or another, we all need to do something.  
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 5:54:57 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Kissfan

Press on!! Thank you for working to try to see to it that the rest of us continue to have some semblance of gun rights.

Jon K.

Jon

Thanks.

Now answer my email so I can order my can  
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 9:07:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 3:07:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey Kiss, ya'll get settled in the new house? Question for you, I understand you represent "US Congressional district", at what level do you work at, local, state .......
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 4:06:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Hey Kiss, ya'll get settled in the new house? Question for you, I understand you represent "US Congressional district", at what level do you work at, local, state .......

Hey Barr...

The house should be done in 4-6 more weeks... can't wait!

I don't specifically 'represent' anything.  I volunteer my time to the NRA.

When you tell ILA that you're interested in volunteering to help they send me your contact information.  I then drop an email and let you know I have it and to 'stand by'.

Then I work with the pro-2AM candidates.  When they need warm bodies to stuff envelopes, make calls, go door-to-door, etc I pull out my list, see who volunteered to do that type of work, and try to hook my volunteer up with the candidate's group.  That's what the EVC does.

Now, as you might susspect, we're busiest as we zero in on the elections.  I expect to start getting a TON of stickers & literature from ILA to be distributed early in 2008.  They usually won't start doing things until the candidates are set and ready to fight it out.

If you can help, great!

Feel free to ask away if you have any other questions.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 8:54:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 4:29:32 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey Barr...

The house should be done in 4-6 more weeks... can't wait!.

I feel a PARTY coming on at KISSFAN's new house!!

I'll bring the PKM, you guys bring the ammo!!  -- I hope he has a BIG back yard and tolerant neighbors!!

Oh Crap... this from a guy that actually HAS my address  

Back yard big...   check
Tolerant neighbors...  soon  

I actually did ask the wife if I could host an ARFCOM house warming.  The look I got was priceless.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top