Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/29/2006 7:54:54 AM EDT
Did ya'll know I was going to the CMP South?

6:40 flight on Saturday. Delayed. Left about 7:30, landed in ATL around 9:30. Hertzed over to Anniston, and arrived around 11:30 central. 3.5 hours later, I picked out these!!!

IIRC, 12-45, looks like all the parts match, receiver, barrel, trigger assy. Greek return.

TE-2, MW-3.

IIRC, 2 naked Danes(no Punani jokes, please), 1 is a 5-44 matching. TE-3, MW-5.5 and one no maching parts, but TE was >2 and MW wa >3. It also had the VAR Barrel.

I also puchased 2 stocks, and a case of Ammo.

Customer service was everything that could be expected. the other customers were more than willing to help. Showing me the things to look for. It was a lot of fun, a trip I could see making again.

I mean, I only bought 3.

jj
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 8:09:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 8:17:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice!
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 8:29:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 9:31:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I went to the CMP.
I bought 3 Garands.
I am a lucky bastage.
Yadda Yadda Yadda.
Sorry the last one was all me.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 9:35:52 AM EDT
[#5]

which one's mine?

Link Posted: 10/29/2006 10:45:17 AM EDT
[#6]
classic steel.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 1:59:44 PM EDT
[#7]
 In case we didn't know?  Sweet      Soon you will need a BIGGER Safe.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 3:08:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

2 naked Danes(no Punani jokes, please)

jj

Link Posted: 10/29/2006 4:04:19 PM EDT
[#9]
where is the wine????????????????//

Slug-O
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 4:18:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

jj

why not? I say stone him for not allowing such things
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 4:32:41 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

jj

OK, I'll brig you up to speed. Punani(member here in the HTF) is Danish. Or Dutch, or WTF ever......sooooooo.....I guess, Woodless Dane (insert Punani joke!)

jj
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 4:54:14 PM EDT
[#12]

HAHA, a woodyless dane.......

ETA....................................OOPS

Funny while it lasted
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:16:56 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

jj

OK, I'll brig you up to speed. Punani(member here in the HTF) is Danish. Or Dutch, or WTF ever......sooooooo.....I guess, Woodless Dane (insert Punani joke!)

jj

See that's the thing right there. If you can't tell the difference, or remember which one I am, you CAN NOT make jokes about it. Period.
I'm about as Danish as jjrockbush is from upstate NY. That put it in perspective for you?

Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:34:46 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

jj

jj

See that's the thing right there. If you can't tell the difference, or remember which one I am, you CAN NOT make jokes about it. Period.
I'm about as Danish as jjrockbush is from upstate NY. That put it in perspective for you?

mybad
jj
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 12:41:59 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

ZZZZZZZIIIIING!!
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 2:45:37 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

jj

jj

Hey You Damn Dane! I'm from Upstate NY Originally........You Got A Problem Wit Dat!

See if you're ever invited back to the Tinkerbell suite.

As for JJ.......You sir are my hero!  Wish I coulda gone with you to the CMP.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 3:21:54 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

jj

jj

Hey You Damn Dane! I'm from Upstate NY Originally........You Got A Problem Wit Dat!

I don't have anything against upstate NY, but uber-Floridian JJ does! Hence that little comparison. No offense Lars!

Now where's that damn train wreck picture....
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:23:22 AM EDT
[#18]
I can't believe I hijacked my own thread.

Back on topic. Pretty cool, huh? That you can still get a matching WWII era rifle. I would advise anyone that has an interest and can spare a few hundred dollars....get a Garand. If I were going the mail order route, I would go woodless. They were in pretty good shape overall and add a stock. If you take a Field Grade, they were all over the place as far as quality. Some of the stocks were downright nasty.

With a CMP purchase, you cannot go wrong.

jj

There. That should do it.(sigh)
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:36:15 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Back on topic. Pretty cool, huh? That you can still get a matching WWII era rifle. I would advise anyone that has an interest and can spare a few hundred dollars....get a Garand. If I were going the mail order route, I would go woodless. They were in pretty good shape overall and add a stock. If you take a Field Grade, they were all over the place as far as quality. Some of the stocks were downright nasty.

jj

Back on track. I'll get you a M3A1 tool to go with your rifle, and I'll get the hardware for the stock to you. Did you want the old stock as well?
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:46:34 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

jj

jj

I don't have anything against upstate NY, but uber-Floridian JJ does! Hence that little comparison. No offense Lars!

Now where's that damn train wreck picture....

This one should do nicely....  (I'm done now)

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:07:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Very nice!
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 2:01:19 PM EDT
[#22]
 Now that's a train wreck. Why is the writing backward, was the slide in backward?
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 3:11:52 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

jj

Yessir. Do you want half a case of Ammo?
jj

Back on track. I'll get you a M3A1 tool to go with your rifle, and I'll get the hardware for the stock to you. Did you want the old stock as well?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top