Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/14/2006 1:36:57 PM EDT
I am having a bit of trouble with a 9mm upper that I cannot correct.  It keeps letting go long (2 - 10 rds.) bursts of fire no matter what corrective action I have tried.  Think it is time to let someone who knows what they are doing work on it.  So I need an AR-smith.  Thanks.

Sapper
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 2:18:05 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I am having a bit of trouble with a 9mm upper that I cannot correct.  It keeps letting go long (2 - 10 rds.) bursts of fire no matter what corrective action I have tried.  Think it is time to let someone who knows what they are doing work on it.  So I need an AR-smith.  Thanks.

Sapper

Please send it to me. I will take care of it.

jj
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 2:39:21 PM EDT
[#2]
It ain't yer upper, it's your lower... and sounds like a disconnector/spring problem to me.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 4:07:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 4:53:57 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Im not a gunsmith or armorer because I have had no formal training or official instruction. . .

DAYUMMMMMM!!!!! For someone that has no formal training you sure do build some sweet rifles!!!!
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:25:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Please send it to me. I will take care of it.

jj

That seems to be the way to get it fixed...I got the exact same advice from two other friends today.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:29:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Im not a gunsmith or armorer because I have had no formal training or official instruction. While I hope to remedy that detail shortly, I can fix most problems related to an AR and have the tools and parts to do so on hand. I agree that this problem sounds like your trigger. Feel free to stop by the GUN GALLERY some time tomorrow if you like, I'll show you how to do it yourself . I'll be there from 10-5.

I will have to try and swing by, I do appreciate it.  I do know it is not a problem with the lower, I ran it on an Oly and a Bushmaster today with the same result.  Both lowers run fine in 5.56, it is the 9mm that makes them malfunction.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:40:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:44:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Neil is your guy, he'll get er done.

+1 for Neil. Had a problem with the gas block on my gun and he fixed it right up.

Mike
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 8:27:37 PM EDT
[#9]
A big +1 for Neil and Gun Gallery.  I went by today and even though the store was PACKED he still took the time to check out my rifle!  I may now have a fix for the problem, have to wait untill next week to know for sure.  Thanks for the help fellas and thanks for your time Neil.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top