Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2006 7:50:21 AM EDT
..at the DFAC.  Seemed like a nice guy, and polite.  Also had a bunch of Generals and such in his midst, although he didn't sit with them.  I thought it was kinda neat to eat dinner 8 feet away from him, just a regular schmoe like the rest of us.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:56:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Yip, he is, he really luvs this state, too bad he wont be gov. for very long. Between the governors and the prez in '08 we are all doomed. I see a shift in power over to the dumbercrate side.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 11:40:48 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
..at the DFAC.  Seemed like a nice guy, and polite.  Also had a bunch of Generals and such in his midst, although he didn't sit with them.  I thought it was kinda neat to eat dinner 8 feet away from him, just a regular schmoe like the rest of us.

my sister met him down here in Miami at the Derring Bay Golf Course, he was looking into buying a condo there, she was impressed. She thought most politicians were assholes and after meeting him that completely changed her mind, well atleast about one of'em atleast.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 4:28:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I met him at the Space Center when he first got elected. I thought he was a down to earth kinda dude (no pun intended).

I think we're in for a shit storm in '08- the demmycraps and anti-freedom creeps are circling their wagons and polishing their lies.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 5:12:25 PM EDT
[#4]
My wife ran into him on an elevator at UF one day, oh excuse me.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:08:07 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I think we're in for a shit storm in '08- the demmycraps and anti-freedom creeps are circling their wagons and polishing their lies.

Cross your fingers, by 2008 the Ivy League Schools may have produced a solid crop of Constitutional Law Grads ready to enter politics.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:20:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I've met him. It was before he was Governor.

I used to be a personal trainer (ACSM Certified) at a gym in South Miami.
I trained his daughter Noelle who was in HS back then. She was a party'er even back then and evidently hasn't changed her ways. She's had several well publicized drug related arrests over the years.

Jeb was very nice and had lots to say about the OJ Simpson Trial.
When he showed up to the gym (which wasn't often) he'd ride the bike for an hour before hitting the weights and we'd chit-chat about the trial while it played on the TV infront of the exercise bikes. He doesn't have a liberal bone in his body. Good guy.

God I hope his replacement is half as competent and half as conservative as he is.
Or else we'll all be in a world of shit.

HS1
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 3:10:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Florida is approaching a fork in the road when his term is up.
That voter base is aging/ dying. Would be sad if this state drifts left.
The still hot K. Harris is running for Senator but is losing bad in the polls.
Florida is going to be a nasty war politically in the next few years.
Gotta love Charles Bronson Dept. Ag Commisioner
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 6:02:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Florida isn't the only one rapidly approaching a fork in the road.  I'm equally worried about the Presidential Election.  If we don't get our S#$T together we can look forward to another term of Billary in office.

K. Harris is losing in the polls, but that's her own fault.  The campaign never got off the ground and she didn't fight back when they painted her as a flake.  No with her staff abandoning ship it's all but a lost cause.  

Anybody know where Charlie Christ stands on firearms, ccw, etc?  I've seen his literature tables at the last few S. Florida Gun Shows, but haven't stopped by to chat with the staffers.  His website is makes no mention of his stance in the issues section.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 7:02:45 PM EDT
[#9]
If you want to help out in Florida politics, contact your local NRA EVC.

The EVC is your Elections Volunteer Coordinator.  We help connect the grass roots folks (like ourselves) with the Pro-2nd Amendment campaigns.

You can find your EVC here...

NRA EVC Page

Just scroll down & enter your zip code.  EVCs are based on US Congressional District.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:50:07 PM EDT
[#10]
I ran into him at a local radio station and had my camera with me.  He took the time to let me have a picture taken with him.  He had his security take the pic.  I was impressed that he took the time to say hi and let me take a pic with him. A very nice man.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top