Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/10/2006 7:21:31 AM EDT
It's in Ft. Pierce and for the longest time I've wanted to go check it out, but never have.

Apparently Florida is the home to the 1st SEAL (frogman) training facility in WWII.

From the web page, the place looks fairly small, but I really want to get up there and check it out.

Anyone ever been?

Navy UDT-SEAL Museum
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 10:04:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I went several years ago with a retired SEAL buddy of mine and a couple of his old teammates, had a great time, very interesting place.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:20:10 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I went several years ago with a retired SEAL buddy of mine and a couple of his old teammates, had a great time, very interesting place.

Can't believe I haven't made it up there yet. I love the history of the Frogmen/UDT's/SEAL's and the damn place is only about an hour north of me.

I bet going with the guys you went with was great.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:27:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm definatly going to have to drag my friends father up there. He was a SEAL in 'nam, he'd probrably love seeing all of that.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:05:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been a couple of time-pretty cool.

They still find live ordinance on the beach, from time to time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top