Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2006 8:12:20 PM EDT
I love you guys.I just spent a week at Disney World with the family and saw a billboard from the Brady campaign warning tourist that Florida residents may use leathel force.I wish I had the time to pull over and get a picture.SJR556.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:22:52 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I love you guys.  I just spent a week at Disney World with the family and saw a billboard from the Brady campaign warning tourists that Florida residents may use leathel force.  I wish I had the time to pull over and get a picture.  SJR556.

Ya'll come back now, ya hear.

Best billboard they ever bought.  Brings out the manners in a lota' folks.
(Could a local there please post a pic.)

What might happen if we saw the same in Washington-DC, Chicago, LA, NewYawkCity, Boston, etc....
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:48:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Did it look somwthing like this:

Go tend your vegetable, Sarah.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 2:03:42 AM EDT
[#3]
You mean, it could happen like this?

link

jj
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 2:57:03 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

"In Florida, avoid disputes. Use special caution in arguing with motorists on Florida roads"
Sounds like good advice to me
In other words..."Quit coming down here, stealing our seashells, and making trouble on our roads"
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:15:54 AM EDT
[#5]

When Commissar Brady and the apparatniks are upset with you, you know you're living in the right place.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:24:57 AM EDT
[#6]
I had company recently that told me about those signs.

Then i took them to Webb
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:13:02 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

www.iansa.org/regions/namerica/images/shoot-first-law.gif

I guess the new law works. Even the Brady’s are being careful about how they treat others.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 10:24:38 AM EDT
[#8]
That's MUCH better than the bumper sticker that says "WELCOME TO FLORIDA! NOW GO THE HELL HOME".  I think I would rather pay into State Income Tax than deal with the tour-ons here.  What we lose in revenue we may up for in fewer traffic fatalities and beach erosion. Is it possible it wil make the jerks a bit more polite? .........nah!

NEW FLORIDA SLOGAN:

"FLORIDA, THE SHOOT ME STATE"  
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:33:32 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

NEW FLORIDA SLOGAN:

Actually I like the signs, might make ppl think for a second b4 acting stupid.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:44:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Where is the sign?  We're staying in Ft. Wilderness for Spring Break.  I'd love to take a photo of the Billboard for future photoshop work when I get home....
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:48:44 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Where is the sign?

Yeah.. where is it?  Would it fit in a pickup bed?  

I'm just say'n......
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:56:48 PM EDT
[#12]
I work @ Disney during the week.  Let me know where it is and I'll snap a picture and post.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:57:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:18:52 PM EDT
[#14]
I like this one better

Oh, and the Brady Bunch gave us an "F" last year.

www.bradycampaign.org/legislation/state/viewstate.php?st=fl
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:33:53 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Where is the sign?

Yeah.. where is it?  Would it fit in a pickup bed?  

I'm just say'n......

Need any help?

I'm just offerin'......

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:40:11 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I like this one better

Oh, and the Brady Bunch gave us an "F" last year.

www.bradycampaign.org/legislation/state/viewstate.php?st=fl

Damn!  i like that one.  That Gun/State overlay would make a heckuva cool logo or avatar.

ETA - Do you think they realize that by changing the word, "Visitor" to "Criminals" they make our case for us?

Awesome, just awesome.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:33:04 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

NEW FLORIDA SLOGAN:

Actually I like the signs, might make ppl think for a second b4 acting stupid.

As ridiculous an illustration of us as this is, if it encourages people to be more considerate I'm all for it.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:00:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:29:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Its real simple. Dont be a dick and we wont shoot you
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:04:17 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I just wrote something similar to the "Brady Bunch". Said it was a real shame that people from other states and countries needed fear of being shot to encourage them to be considerate and non-confrontational.....maybe a sign years ago "WELCOME TO FLORIDA, BE NICE OR WE'LL SPIT IN YOUR FOOD" might have been effective.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:43:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Perhaps the Brady Campaign will think twice about using such blatant misinformation and "terror tactics" against Florida businesses when they ban together and file a class-action lawsuit against them for illegally attempting to hurt our businesses, especially since they like encouraging firearms related lawsuits!  
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:46:06 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I just wrote something similar to the "Brady Bunch". Said it was a real shame that people from other states and countries needed fear of being shot to encourage them to be considerate and non-confrontational.....maybe a sign years ago "WELCOME TO FLORIDA, BE NICE OR WE'LL SPIT IN YOUR FOOD" might have been effective.

Jenn,

Where do you typically send correspondence to them at?  E-mail address?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:00:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Actually, it is a bit more polite than:  "Be nice to me or you'll get a size 13 in your crotch."
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:24:44 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Jenn,

Where do you typically send correspondence to them at?  E-mail address?

I went to the "contact us" portion of their website. Just googled it up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top