Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2006 7:06:28 PM EDT
So I may be moving down south for a new position within my current company. (Tech sector)

I'm looking at  St. Pete/Tampa area right now.  I will be traveling in my job, so proximity to a major airport is a must.

But I have no clue what it's like for gun owners down there. I have a bunch of ranges within 10-30 minutes drive here in Southern NH and it's generally very gun friendly. Everything goes so to speak.

Are there any Class 3 friendly ranges in the Tampa area, as well as longer 500 yards+ ranges within a reasonable driving distance? (< 50 minutes)

What part of FL would you guys recommend?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:41:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I would rather live in Tampa than St. Pete, but north Fl. is really the place for what your looking for.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:47:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Like what? Tallahassee?

I heard there's a 1000 yard range in your neck of the woods.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:18:12 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Like what? Tallahassee?

Bradford range is (I believe) 600 feet.  It's just outside of Brooker.

If you're coming to Tampa... my house is for sale  

And it's 15 minutes from the airport.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:53:17 AM EDT
[#4]
make sure you check out Hernando county area ( brooksville-spring hill areas ) can still buy nice stuff cheap, but prices are rising, about 45 min from Tampa Arpt, nice 200m range 10 min away
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:25:43 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Like what? Tallahassee?

Bradford range is (I believe) 600 feet.  It's just outside of Brooker.

If you're coming to Tampa... my house is for sale  

And it's 15 minutes from the airport.

Bradford is indeed 600 feet.... after the first 600 feet however there, is another 400 yards to the back stop

Yep, thats a total of  600 yards

Mike
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:19:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Like what? Tallahassee?

I don't know if Tallahassee or the panhandle area would be my first choice, but the Spring hill area up to Gainsville is nice. Yes, there is a 1000 yard range about 15 miles from my house. I was there last week shooting at the 565 yard berm.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:39:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks guys, that's very helpful. Makes it easier to know what to focus in on in my Realtor.com searches.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:19:58 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Bradford is indeed 600 feet.... after the first 600 feet however there, is another 400 yards to the back stop

Yep, thats a total of  600 yards

Mike

Feet... yards...  pretty soon you're talking a long distance  

Just don't go gettin all metric on me  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top