Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/1/2006 4:38:14 AM EDT
February was a busy month for the Florida Crew but it doesn't mean that it's time to relax.  The Sleep & Shoot, Hernando MG Shoot, FDCC, and Build Party were fun for all who attended.  Like I said, last month was intense!!!  The last Southwest Florida Shoot was held back in the beginning of January and was by far the best one to date!  It's time for another!

A few of the guys have also voiced interest in camping out at the Babcock/Webb Wildlife Management Area this weekend as well, simply to get some more camping in before the hot summer months arrive.  So I'm including all camping information below as well.  As an FYI, all camping is primitive.

All necessary information is below.
----------

When
Sunday, March 19th, 9:00 AM

Where (see directions below)
Babcock/Webb Wildlife Management Area Shooting Range
29200 Tucker Grade Road
Punta Gorda, FL 33955.
Phone: 941-575-5768

Camping
- Click here for a map to the Babcock/Webb WMA.
- Information on what there is to do at Babcock/Webb WMA.

Camping at Babcock/Webb is really easy.  You pay the park entrance fee as normal (see below), drive to your campsite and setup.  The ONLY STIPULATION they have is that camping is only allowed from Fridays at 5 PM until Sunday at sundown.  Camping is not allowed at any other time at the WMA.  This makes it very easy for everyone who would like to camp here.

Again, there is no additional cost to camp.  Simply pay the park fee (this is per day), take your immediate right after the yellow post, and the campsites are down on your right just past the pond.  No ranger comes by to collect fees or anything.  You're on your own!  If any of you want to plan something for this weekend amongst yourselves, do so here and have fun!

Cost (per person)
$3.00 per person per day at the unattended entrance (there's a yellow post)
----------

Maps and Directions

From North
Head south on I-75 to Exit 158 (Tucker Grade)
Turn left on Tucker Grade and drive straight and you will drive right into the park.

From South
Head north on I-75 to Exit 158 (Tucker Grade)
Turn right on Tucker Grade and drive straight and you will drive right into the park.

Directions To the Range
Stop at the Entrance (sign and Yellow Post to your right)
After paying the park entrance fee, continue straight on the dirt road.
About 1/2 mile down the dirt road, you will see the Ranges on the left.

When pulling into the Ranges, you will see four (4) ranges.  The first one is the long range, second is the Pistol and Rifle Range, the third is a 100-yard rifle and pistol range (really nice), and the very end will be the Shotgun Range.  Just look for the Southwest Florida AR15.com Banner.
--------------------

See You All There!!!

Click here to watch videos of the past shoots.\
I also posted this over on the Florida Shooters Network Board.

Post Script
I will not be in attendance at this one as my wife is due to have our third child on this very date.  Yall have fun and get some good pics!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:35:40 AM EDT
[#1]
cant go... working.... thanks.....
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 11:22:41 AM EDT
[#2]
YEAH! camping again!

i'll make sure my tent is actually water proof this time!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 12:01:29 PM EDT
[#3]
If the car is up and running (normally again) by then I might do the camp and shoot that weekend.

Darth,

What night/nights are you going to camp?  Just Saturday or Friday and Saturday?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 12:16:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Hello!! I'm Jenn, friend of Aim4myhead and the guys at Fowler Firearms here in Ft. Myers.  After nearly a year reading threads and watching videos I can't wait to attend the shoot on the 19th.  I have a huge teddy bear shackled in my trunk, it refuses to talk so I suspect he may share Elmo's fate.......anything else I can bring? If you can read this, thank a teacher......since it's in English, thank a soldier!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:17:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:52:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks Tom for the post. Me lazy, I guess! I am thinking of a Saturday arrival, Sunday shoot kind of thing for me. Two nights might be a little rough for a pussy like me, going primitive.....but I would like to camp!!

Woohoo!
jj

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:10:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:16:49 PM EDT
[#8]
YYEEEEEESSSSSS????? You were saying???
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:39:59 PM EDT
[#9]
A-hem.....They didn't know I'm a redhead.....you busted yourself h.gif
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:51:26 PM EDT
[#10]
OOPS...still learning.....
THEY DIDN'T KNOW I'M A REDHEAD....you busted yourselfh=85%

Quoted:
holy shit a shoot on a day off? hoorah i can shoot! it must be a mistake.... i guess that means you guys will get to see my new steyr aug.h

J

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:55:23 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
A-hem.....They didn't know I'm a redhead.....you busted yourself

ya, he does that...

it's to be expected.

you don't post targets on mail boxes do you?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:57:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Me???? Lil 'ol me?h=85%

Quoted:

Quoted:
A-hem.....They didn't know I'm a redhead.....you busted yourself h.gif

ya, he does that...hinking.gif

you don't post targets on mail boxes do you?hr
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:58:58 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Me???? Lil 'ol me?

NO! you didn't....!!!!

did you?

ooowwww your evil...

funny evil, but evil..!!!!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:04:23 PM EDT
[#14]
What may I bring to the shoot?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:20:50 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Oh, I'm sorry, are we back to talking about the shoot?

Bring guns.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:40:51 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh, I'm sorry, are we back to talking about the shoot?

Bring guns.

.....and cookies and ammo and a 4 foot stuffed bear to annhilate?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:06:50 PM EDT
[#17]
i'll try to make it for a little bit, but i gotta work but, i'll waste some gas, say hi' ya'll, dump a mag or two, and wonder back to work....

i do, miss you guys (sometimes)
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:48:59 PM EDT
[#18]
I'll be there. At least for the shoot, posibly the camp....
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:21:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:28:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Dude.. I dig AUG's.  

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:20:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Sweet Steyr!

Like the shirt too!

Quoted:
i'm bringing this.....img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/jrhack79/joshcrap-1.jpg

J

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:23:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Aim4myhead and or Jenn,

Would this be the person who delivered my SpeedFeed stck when I was there last October-ish?

Just curious if by chance I had possibly briefly met the Bear in Trunk lady?

ETA:  IS anyone Camping?????????????????????
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:55:45 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Aim4myhead and or Jenn,

Would this be the person who delivered my SpeedFeed stck when I was there last October-ish?

Just curious if by chance I had possibly briefly met the Bear in Trunk lady?

ETA:  IS anyone Camping?????????????????????

aim4myhead perhaps. He works at Fowler Firearms and indoor gun range here in Ft. Myers. I just talk on the rad-didio
I'd love to camp, but I have a fear of the great outdoors...dumb to shoot a centipede with a .380
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:37:02 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I'd love to camp, but I have a fear of the great outdoors...

Personally...  I like the outdoors, it's campers that scare me.  

dispatch, eh?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:45:49 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
aim4myhead perhaps. He works at Fowler Firearms and indoor gun range here in Ft. Myers. I just talk on the rad-didio

jenn,

I know Aim4myhead, I bought my Speedfeed stock from him.  But a nice lady brought it to him at the shop, because he forgot it the day I was there to get it.  Thought that might have been you.  Guess not.

Why be afraid of the outdoors?  Don't worry about critters, there will be plenty of us to step on/smash the buggies if they scare you.  

Osprey are you gonna camp?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 2:34:15 PM EDT
[#26]
jenn,

I know Aim4myhead, I bought my Speedfeed stock from him.  But a nice lady brought it to him at the shop, because he forgot it the day I was there to get it.  Thought that might have been you.  Guess not.

YES THAT WAS ME...hi there..I didn't realize that was you. I am the "bear in the trunk girl"

...i think i did this reply wrong
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:17:32 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

dispatch, eh?

We are fun to camp with!!!

jj
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:08:51 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

dispatch, eh?

We are fun to camp with!!!
img.photobucket.com/albums/v673/jjrockbush/36muslimcamp.jpg

jj

HEY!! Those were my neighbors in Lakeland...made the best road-kill krunchies I ever tasted....
I ain't skeer't ..okay maybe a little

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:23:47 PM EDT
[#29]
OOOOOHHHHH!!!
Now your makin' fun of people from Lakeland?

Damn guys, when did we let gals out of the women's forum????

jj
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:18:14 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
OOOOOHHHHH!!!

jj

Seriously, Where do you plan to camp out at? By the gate/Interstate?
I see some tents set up there whenever I go to the range there.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:33:47 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
OOOOOHHHHH!!!

jj

Seriously, Where do you plan to camp out at? By the gate/Interstate?
I see some tents set up there whenever I go to the range there.

It looks like the camp areas are just to the right as you pull in. You turn right just before that little cabin you drive by to get to the range. Look at Tom's link at the beginning of this thread. It has a little map.

jj
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:21:28 AM EDT
[#32]
And you wanna camp by the little house, next to the interstate, when you live 15 minutes away??

Why not camp in your backyard?
There'd be a fridge, bathroom, shower, kitchen, food etc etc.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:39:55 AM EDT
[#33]
Yeah, that's what I like..  the drone of diesels to lull me to sleep.

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:30:46 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Yeah, that's what I like..  the drone of diesels to lull me to sleep.

My thoughts exactly.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:51:41 AM EDT
[#35]
KILLJOYS.
jj

I had such a great time in Lake City that I wanted to get a mini camp in before the weather gets unbearable. I know it is a little lame, but it also is not 300 miles round trip.

Plus Jenn said she might be joining.......
O.K., she didn't, but don't act like I didn't have your attention for a second.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:21:26 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
KILLJOYS.
jj

I had such a great time in Lake City that I wanted to get a mini camp in before the weather gets unbearable. I know it is a little lame, but it also is not 300 miles round trip.

Plus Jenn said she might be joining.......
O.K., she didn't, but don't act like I didn't have your attention for a second.

JJ you flatter me........why don't we just camp in YOUR backyard?  Bye the way, I look JUST like my avatar
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:04:02 PM EDT
[#37]

on a camping note: can you visit the campsite in the middle of the night.. i might try to come up and hang out w/ the crew sat night after work..

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:45:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Whats with you guys and camping? Something happen last time?Something that makes you want to sleep in the woods?Inquring minds want to know.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:57:13 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Whats with you guys and camping? Something happen last time?Something that makes you want to sleep in the woods?Inquring minds want to know.

O.K. To all the naysayers on camping.

I suggested the Lake City Camp trip to Tom. As the date came closer, I had my doubts. I was not excited about taking a day off, believe it or not, I have a job with a certain amount of responsibilty.

I took the leap, took off Friday and rode up with Tom. Just that is an adventure in itself.

We camped for 3 days, went shooting for 2, the first day was very similar to our SWFLA shoots and the second day was to visit the FDCC shoot. If we can get Webb to let us reserve a range, we could put together a similar type shoot, and wait until the video comes out.....it looks fun.

As for the camping, I fully enjoyed it. We had guys from Jax, Tally, Deltona, and 6 from South Georgia all great guys who would fit into our SWFLA group. There is something about sitting around a fire, drinking a couple of adult beverages, and bonding with the guys. The weather was cool. so the fire was a bit of a neccesity, the rain storm Saturday night added a bit of ruggedness to the weekend, and I look forward to doing it again.

So in short, as long as a couple of guys are up for it, I'll head up around noon on Saturday, set up camp, cook dinner, and be ready to shoot Sunday morning. The only thing that would give me second thoughts would be the weather......

So there.

jj
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:05:26 AM EDT
[#40]
The camp sites ARE off to the right. when you 1st pull in if you look to your right the road branchs off. this is just past the iron ranger. about 1/8-1/4 of mile up that side road are the campsites. they have picnic tables and an elevated spot to park your car and put up your tent on. I can't remember if there is a fire ring or not. there is no water or toilet. there is an outhouse up at the rifle range.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:28:06 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

As for the camping
, I fully enjoyed it. We had guys from Jax, Tally, Deltona, and 6 from South Georgia all great guys who would fit into our SWFLA group. There is something about sitting around a fire, drinking a couple of adult beverages, and bonding with the guys. The weather was cool. so the fire was a bit of a neccesity, the rain storm Saturday night added a bit of ruggedness to the weekend, and  I look forward to doing it  again.

So there.

jj

read just the red
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:22:48 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

As for the camping
, I fully enjoyed it. We had guys from Jax, Tally, Deltona, and 6 from South Georgia all great guys who would fit into our SWFLA group. There is something about sitting around a fire, drinking a couple of adult beverages, and bonding with the guys. The weather was cool. so the fire was a bit of a neccesity, the rain storm Saturday night added a bit of ruggedness to the weekend, and  I look forward to doing it  again.

So there.

jj

read just the red

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:46:44 AM EDT
[#43]
Settle Down Francis!!!!

If you brokeback's are scared you can't control your tendancies while camping then don't camp.  Otherwise Man or Woman Up and go camping, I promise the critters won't hurt you much.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:23:42 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Settle Down Francis!!!!

If you brokeback's are scared you can't control your tendancies while camping then don't camp.  Otherwise Man or Woman Up and go camping, I promise the critters won't hurt you much.

I WAS afraid of the critters...now? I'm not sure I'd fit in with all this talk of bondage...I mean bonding. Damn, I can't wait to meet you guys.
WHAT KIND OF COOKIES DO YOU ALL LIKE? Yes, a smart ass that bakes.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:16:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Chocolate Chip, please.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:41:45 PM EDT
[#46]
+1 on the Chocolate Chip!  Of course by Critters I was (oops meant Wasn't) talking about ARFCOM campers.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:38:49 PM EDT
[#47]
oatmeal cookies please!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:48:34 PM EDT
[#48]

Settle Down Francis!!!!

If you brokeback's are scared you can't control your tendancies while camping then don't camp. Otherwise Man or Woman Up and go camping, I promise the critters won't hurt you much.

You're the one that brought up gay cowboys.I  camped a lot in my life and when you have to,It loses its appeal. Besides my kids burned up my tent having it to close to a fire. And before you get your thong in a wad they are adults and like their father they dont always act it.Also i kid with JRock and Tom because I know them I dont know you.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:02:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Oatmeal-Raisin please!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:55:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Chocolate /chocolate chip for me!!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top